• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash Electrum Support and Development Oct 2020

akhavr

Electrum is probably the most popular open-source SPV wallet for bitcoin. Early 2017 I've picked up maintenance and support for DASH Electrum. Since then, I've assembled a small team of three developers. This is a proposal to fund the continuing development and support for Dash Electrum.

Execution and Schedule:

Work already performed or in progress. Deliverables are released publicly as soon as they are ready.

During next 3 months we plan to deliver the following:
  • porting major upstream upgrade (3.x -> 4.x)
  • better multisig support out of the box (like, create 2-of-3 for your hw wallet, desktop, and mobile)

Amount requested:

After paying Sep salaries, we are 43.83 Dash left. Those funds will be rolled forward to the next period.

At current exchange rate of 64.57USD/Dash our run rate is ~154.87 Dash per month.
  • 154.87 Dash * 3 month = 464.61 Dash
  • 43.83 Dash leftover
  • 5 Dash proposal submission
Total: 513.44 Dash or 171.15 Dash per month (172 Dash per month, rounded up)

As usual, in case of DASH appreciation, any leftover funds would be spent to extend the duration of the project. In case of DASH depreciation, we will go into a deficit mode again and will submit a new proposal after the end of this 3 month period.

Unless there would be material objection, this preproposal would be posted as complete proposal around Monday, Oct 5h.

Electrum is a critical part of the Dash ecosystem, I support this because it offers a lot of flexibility in particular with regard to managing complex hardware wallet setups. Great work, and good luck with the proposal!

The DIF might need multisig for our operations. I'm eyeing electrum for my go-to implementation.

Back