• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash debit card

oh. maybe because of "Payment start/end: 05-06-2016 / 21-07-2016 (added on 20-03-2016)" - so they intentionally ask for payment in... summer 2016 - strange...

Time to prepare for the project and for the community to make the decision?

We will go a hard way and integrate DASH fully without intermediaries. Regarding exchange, we will try to create a liquidity pool as much as possible (also adding our own funds), but I believe sometimes we will have to settle at other places to if there will be a huge dismatch. Business wise, we assume these funds to pay for the development of our dash client and integration of it in parallel to bitcoin, however, we will have allocate funds for exchange and etc.

Will one be able to hold the funds in Dash on this debit card and have the conversion be made automatically when using the debit card? Some debit card providers such gold based debit cards, that hold gold on the debit card, allow for instant conversion to fiat when you want to spend it.

The way I see it this is not an actual Dash debit card but a fiat debit card attached to a cryptocurrency exchange.

You've said in a previous post you will also introduce interest payments. Can you share more info on that?

The details of your proposal are rather scarce, whole proposal text is one paragraph long. Also, how do we know you are who you say you are and not some impostor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to prepare for the project and for the community to make the decision?
So, why is it: "Next budget payments will occur 14 days and will provide 6500 DASH of 7449 DASH total available budget!"
instead of: "Next budget payments will occur 14 days and will provide 5550 DASH of 7449 DASH total available budget!" ?

Okay, I've updated dashvotetracker.com to make this a bit more clear. If a proposal is set to a superblock beyond the next one, I have moved it to the bottom of the list and made it blue (you might have to refresh to get the blue style). This will allow us to see the progress of the vote, but also make it clear that this proposal isn't included in the next block.

If anyone has any problems with this display, or sees any errors with it, let me know!

We put proposal for June, as we thought we will need more time to get votes. However, as now we have received more votes and quicker, we will aim to release the integration just after the payout (i.e. to start working on it earlier). Thanks all for the support.
I see you have ignored my previous post. Is the debit card a Dash or a fiat debit card? It seems to be a fiat debit card. How do we know you are who you say you are?

Is the debit card a Dash or a fiat debit card? It seems to be a fiat debit card.

From the point of view of card processing, every piece of plastic is a fiat debit card. The difference is whether should a user perform the conversion directly or it happens on a market at the moment of payment

From the point of view of card processing, every piece of plastic is a fiat debit card. The difference is whether should a user perform the conversion directly or it happens on a market at the moment of payment

Yes, technically that's correct. This is how I've phrased my question in an earlier post. From what has been stated the conversion is done manually which sucks. The card also has high fees and more importantly we don't know if this guy is who he says he is.

Personally, I do not find a good idea to fund this project from the Dash blockchain.

This looks like a typical commercial project and all the profit from the project goes to the private company. This is not an open-source company neither. Therefore, in my opinion, it should be funded from the internal company funds. As I understand, the assumption behind the DGBB is to fund and support Dash project development and not a private companies development.

Even if someone sees the argument above as not adequate, the proposal itself is really bad.
First of all, there is no information about the benefits for Dash (any project funded from the blockchain should bring benefits for Dash). I can see no timelines, no real Dash-related goals, no measures and no success criteria here. From the pure PM perspective, it is very poor proposal.

This is a cross-post from DashWhale.

This proposal is requesting $6,500, over half of the excess unallocated budget, but contains very little information. SpectroCoin's website also contains little information on the company size. So, I have many questions I would like to see answered:
1) How many Bitcoin debit card users does SpectroCoin have? You have only said how many clients you have, but these may only be wallet users.
2) Would SpectroCoin actively promote Dash alongside Bitcoin? If so, how? (e.g., on the website home page, email campaign to existing customers, etc)
3) What countries would be supported (many won't issue to the U.S. because of regulations)? What currencies? USD/EUR/GBP just like the bitcoin card? Why isn't this information on the website for the Bitcoin card?
4) How long of a commitment will SpectroCoin make to the product?
5) What are your expansion plans to new currencies?
6) Will InstantX be supported for sending or receiving Dash? If it doesn't do anything to advance the use of our key differentiator in the market, I'm much less keen on this proposal.
7) Will you be operating masternodes with deposited funds? If so, will you be sharing the masternode rewards in the form of "interest" on deposits, or keeping it for yourself as an additional source of profits? Again, I would be more keen on this proposal if it included some "advantage" over users simply using bitcoin and advanced our agenda in some way using our technology differentiation.
8) What is your expected project timeline... when should we expect to see a product hit the market?
9) You have stated that the project will be completed by the time the proposal approves. Does this mean you would plan to develop the product before the proposal is approved? If you were planning to develop regardless of the outcome, what incentive do we have to provide the funding once the work is done?

One additional thing for the community to be aware of is that we are working with other wallet / debit card providers - including ones that plan to implement masternode rewards on deposits, support more currencies, and will issue cards for free to end-users. And we aren't paying them for product development. They will also be launching within the next month or two, so SpectroCoin wouldn't even be the first if it launched in June. I am willing to fund private enterprises like SpectroCoin, but they need to bring something to the table of value beyond the projects already in development with their competitors. So far, this five sentence proposal provides no compelling information for why it is worthwhile funding, and I'm surprised to see it receiving robust levels of support.

In short... more details please, and I'd very much like to see commitments made to highlighting our differentiated tech!

These debit, credit cards are absolutely useless. You have to transfer fiat to buy bitcoin/dash, then sell bitcoin/dash to upload a card, so you could use a card. Whats the point?

Point is they can make a nice profit, visa, master and so on...

So will spectrocoin will put DASH in masternodes to generate profit and will this cover the transaction fees or its just another prepaid card? Like so you introduce a shapeshift button for 6.5k$?

Back