• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal : Burnt Hamster Minestrone

AgnewPickens

Staff member
Chief Sock Advisor
I have kept #proposals channel updated on the progress of the first issue of my Undergound Press, Burnt Hamster Publishing's arts&lit mag. I will attach photos of front and back page of this full color 8 page 11X17 inch printing to be distributed throughout North Central & Central Ohio.

The magazine was all hand laid out Cut Up style.

Expenses for production:
4 packs of cigarettes (j/k) we'd've smoked those anyways
One meal to meet for first time at Tim Horton's at Galion (w/coupons) $ 15
1 set of Epson ink catridges preparing galleys $ 90
100 copies sent to contributors as payment plus some to circulate $ 225
50 copies of front and back page to approach vendors with $ 30
Materials, paper & supplies $ 50

Total material costs for production $ 410

Burnt Hamster team labor and layout services for production $ 1600
(about 80 total man/hrs of labor @ $20/hr)

To be distributed thus:
Michael Veloff Publisher $ 650
Casey Taylor Art Director $ 600
Ben Ditmars Ass't Editor $ 350

Cost to promote and distribute (projected) $ 1200

Artists and writers who submitted to the project received 5 each of the 100 copies, but I would love to be able to pay them 0.1 Dash as well if I can get them into a Jaxx wallet, maybe for second issue which currently getting submissions in until July 31st.

I priced the high quality printing for 1000, 1500 & 2000 copies, but I will have no trouble getting 1500 copies distributed to small independent retailers. I have hit upon the idea of asking stores I already do business with, like Relax, It's Just Coffee, Main Street Books and Adult Videoi Visions in Mansfield OH for shop trade credit since that is as good as cash for me and the shops don't have to put any money in so it will make getting small retailers much easier to approach, calling another meeting with my team next weekend to discuss distribution and work on next issue.

When Kodaxx finishes his POS software for retailers, will be approaching the retailers that take in the magazine to sign up.

Printing costs:

2000 @ 0.98 cents including local tax. $ 1960

Total funds requested Total funding $ 5170 USD

100 signed and numbered and another hundred not signed and number have been invoice offered to Philadashsia for his Dash SNJ website. No other signed copies will be numbered and we are limiting this to one press run.

200 will be saved for Burnt Hamster archival purposes.

25 will be sent Certified Mail to Donald Truimp at the White House (3rd page is devoted to Trump and Freedom) as part of the ongoing artist and writer mail campaign.

That leaves us with about the 1500 we are likely to get distributed with this first isse.

Will submit a separate proposal for next issue, guaranteeing no other advertisers for the next 3 issues (I'd like to do at least 5 if I can hold my heard of butterflies together, LOL)

Michael J. Veloff
Burnt Hamster Publishing
1059 Bucyrus Rd
Galion OH 44833-1513
Mobile: (419) 566-9069
Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Jj7gkU9
oEmLHCj
oEmLHCj
CEU3QgG

These are only half the pages, figured that is enough to give you the flavor as they take up so much space.

And the fixed the form filler for dates on proposal site, posted my 5 Dash fee. Have at her.

Market segment we are going after:

Targeted at millennials and hipsters and, nostalgic boomerrs, based on the retro feel of 60s Cut Up underground mags. I will have no problem selling a couple hundred in my area alone, as I am a local legend among the hipsters here but my partner is going to reach down into Columbus OH market and my art director, Casey, will be back hitting the festivals as soon as she gets over her fight with her boyfriend.
Ben Ditmars, junior partner in Burnt Hamster, still has a lot to learn, but handy to have around as a young writer whose dad is an accountant.

Millennials are prime adopters for Dash

Last edited:
Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Agnew

As you know Dash is growing every day.
To deal with the increased number of proposal, a Proposal Evaluation Committee (PEC) has been created. This work is being done by volunteers (mostly Master Node Owners themselves).
I see you have posted already - so just a headsup

The Dash Network actually have had a Dash Project Proposal Template for a number of years and we try to get the pre-proposal owner to read and stick to it, as it includes every useful information for a MNO (Masternode Owner) to take an informed decision before voting on whether to pass your proposal or not.
If you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
As you adjust your Pre-Proposal to our feedback, the evaluation is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 4 or more).
Each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.

If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

The evaluations also have another function:
To give the MNO’s and community a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save the MNO’s and everyone else time and increase the chance of your proposal gaining votes. It will also prevent your proposal from getting lost amongst the horde or prevent it from not being read, because it’s too long or non-conforming.
Whether you accept our help or not: we will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals near the end of the cycle to prepare the Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals.

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please Private Message @Biltong on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating that you want the help of the PEC, so we can assign a team to you.
2. Once you have read How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit our 1st Evaluation, so we’ll wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.
3. Again, PM @Biltong when you are ready for the 1st Evaluation.
4. Please note that we do not have that much time to give you feedback via the Evaluations. The final report has to be in 3 days before end of cycle and you have to have your last adjustments in 5 days before end of cycle : i.e.: Last Adjustments: 28 June.
5. We hope to receive at least 3 updates from you (if necessary) and provide you with the same number of Evaluation/Report feedbacks, but it does mean you and us will have to start asap.
6. To adjust your Pre-Proposal for the 1st evaluation will be a time consuming (+- 2 hours of work), but believe me it will be well worth your time if you are serious about getting your Proposal passed.

Good luck with your Proposal!

Sorry to hear this Agnew. A PEC Evaluator will post a Report quite soon
Good luck and I hope your mom gets better soon :)

Back