• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Alt36 + Dash Payment Platform [15 Updates Included]

Could you please add some tags in the tittle of this thread, that will describe what you proposal is about?

Last edited:
Alt36, you are overdue for updates. Where is this thing at? It doesn't look good. This is why we need more escrow services, everyone. This right here. There is no accountability. Dirtbags.

It sure is easier to mark posts as "Trolling" than to hold Alt36 accountable for their failures, isn't it?

Does pressing the "cry about trolling" button make you guys feel better about being scammed by Alt36?

Maybe use escrow next time? The escrow+milestone model used by Monero's Forum Funding System works much better than Dash's 'spray and pray' approach.

Dash needs to use something like https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress or it will keep on funding unaccountable scams like Lamassu, Wirex, Schrem and Alt36.

This made me laugh. 'Spray and Pray' is exactly what the treasury system is. I was unaware of any sort of funding system by Monero. I have such a distaste for their lead dev and their community I sold it all quite a while ago and never looked back. I will look into their funding system, however.

I would love to see escrow and milestones become mandatory. It would be great if we could even apply it to core. We could hold up their paychecks until they provided us with regular, detailed progress reports. I know more communication will be forthcoming from them once they sort out the pre-emptive open source patent situation, but after that I would like them to be much more open. Fingers crossed for now.

This made me laugh. 'Spray and Pray' is exactly what the treasury system is.

Yet the current treasury system is a daemonic treasury system imposed by stupid and spies. There are many other alternative treasury systems, which do not require this "spray and pray" method, and where every spended dash is being reclaimed to the maximum.

What does it say about the Dash community when my post, which accurately described the Spray & Pray nature of their zero-accountability funding system and contained a constructive suggestion of how to fix that problem, is repeatedly marked as "Trolling?"

One could also wonder what that says about you.

Thanks for the update @ThirtySix, very informative. I noticed you are currently only pursuing money transmitter licenses (MTL) in CA and AZ. Is there a timeline to pursue MTL licenses in other favorable states?

How did you not know you needed an MTL right up until launch?

We knew about the need to apply for state money transmission licensing on the kiosks depending on the individual state requirements. We were in process of completing these requirements, such as our comprehensive KYC/AML compliance programs. Several items listed in our update have delayed the ATM/kiosk project (outside of our control), so the MLT related filing was placed on hold until we received the first machines and can test the compliance software.

The platform is completely separate and based on our legal advise, have been advised (until recently) registering on the state level was not required or recommended. There are multiple aspects to our project and the business requirements have expanded throughout development. It was imperative as these additional use cases came to light that we also review the potential dependencies and points of failure. Recently, cryptocurrency exchanges and related operators are coming under heavy scrutiny from both a state and federal level. Based on recommendations from our new legal team, it is in our best interest and Dash’s investment to submit applications for state MTL prior to officially processing transactions with the platform. Regardless, we are still moving forward with our partner integrations and preparing for launch with our first AZ locations.

We knew about the need to apply for state money transmission licensing on the kiosks depending on the individual state requirements. We were in process of completing these requirements, such as our comprehensive KYC/AML compliance programs. Several items listed in our update have delayed the ATM/kiosk project (outside of our control), so the MLT related filing was placed on hold until we received the first machines and can test the compliance software.

The platform is completely separate and based on our legal advise, have been advised (until recently) registering on the state level was not required or recommended. There are multiple aspects to our project and the business requirements have expanded throughout development. It was imperative as these additional use cases came to light that we also review the potential dependencies and points of failure. Recently, cryptocurrency exchanges and related operators are coming under heavy scrutiny from both a state and federal level. Based on recommendations from our new legal team, it is in our best interest and Dash’s investment to submit applications for state MTL prior to officially processing transactions with the platform. Regardless, we are still moving forward with our partner integrations and preparing for launch with our first AZ locations.

Great update - thanks for the clarification, understand that these environments are always changing. Lets hope this comes through quickly to allow launch in May. Would be disappointing if it took 6 months :(

@ThirtySix, are you able to provide an approximate figure (and I mean a very rough approximation), of total cannabis shops accepting dash, month by month until the end of the year?

Also a month to month total of dash ATM's you expect to have operational?

I think this would speak volumes about your current time line and release strategy without wasting too many words

Thanks!

Back