• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PROPOSAL: ABJ to Shift From News Updates to Global Market Outreach

No more videos.
The more something is a scam, the more videos and ads it needs.
True and honest things do not need advertising, they spread mouth to mouth.

You need to spend in marketing and advertising if your goal is a quick rich scheme.
If your goal is to built a decent cryptocurrency, then you need to spend in development.

With all due respect, any good product needs both. The idea that a good product will succeed without good marketing is simply false, it is completely disconnected from the reality we live in. Of course the inverse is also true, good marketing will not make a bad product succeed.

You need both.

Where would Apple or Coke be without advertising? Those are two of the most valuable global brands. They have been built on advertising.

If Dash is to become a global brand it needs BIG advertising, not just a great product.
Also, for those desirous that some news reports continue:

This market outreach can -- when relevant -- feature big news pieces. Such a thing would simply be a weekly campaign. For example:

Campaign: Share this Bloomberg news piece that Overstock.com is now accepting DASH for payment
Hashtag: #OverstockTakesDASH
Reward: $5 for your post/tweet which includes the Bloomberg article and tags 5 other businesses that don't yet take DASH

You get the idea.
Love it

Kind of sad to see the news focus go away but I would support either direction. Global market outreach is also an important function, and I am sure DashForce will be up to the task to continue providing plenty of news updates. Props to Amanda for thinking outside the box to do something new

Where would Apple or Coke be without advertising? Those are two of the most valuable global brands. They have been built on advertising.
You are interested in what Apple or Coke would be with or without advertising. I am interested in whether Apple and Coke deserve to have the place they have in the market, and whether they exist some other products better than these. Many people are persuaded by advertising, but I detest the advertisers and Ι am convinced only by the specifications and the technical details. I appreciate the detractors and defamators much more than the advertisers. They are both liars after all, but I always prefer those who are hiding the good news rather than those who are hiding the bad news.

But I dont blame you, we are just of different quality and we are living in a different universe.

Last edited:
To attract normal people (outside of crypto), you need to do normal things e.g. host a livestream game show (mainstream) where the prizes are dash related. Entertain the masses. I'd vote for that even if the budget was double or more.

The problem with giving away dash is that it's kind of preaching to the converted. And those that receive it may well convert it into bitcoin / ethereum.

Brilliant idea, Amanda! I love the idea of outreach to those outside our circles here on the forum and Slack. I agree with you that we are at the point of successfully reaching the people on the "inside", meaning those in fintech. It's time to go outside our sweet comfort zones and reach the rest of hte world :)

Since I myself do not trust keeping Dash on my phone, could you please include a screenshot of a Dash core wallet on a computer as proof?

By the way, it would be great to see your face on Facebook and you posting on instagram! Both are very powerful mediums for social outreach.

To attract normal people (outside of crypto), you need to do normal things e.g. host a livestream game show (mainstream) where the prizes are dash related. Entertain the masses. I'd vote for that even if the budget was double or more.

The problem with giving away dash is that it's kind of preaching to the converted. And those that receive it may well convert it into bitcoin / ethereum.
The game show Idea is fun! I like the idea of reaching out to "normal people" in their own language. In this case, as long as people understand that Dash = Digital Cash (as Amanda has suggested we use in our marketing) then the incentive she suggests will work great!

Does this means DASHDetailed is no more? What about DASH Spotlight?
Also, how is video going to be involved in the future?

I am also not sure how getting new users gets 'recorded' or proved. We had new users on our Bitcuners meetup everyday, we give DASH out to 3 new users yesterday but I have no idea, how to prove a 'wallet activation'. Should they just tweet it with the Hashtag?
I’d like to re-purpose my weekly Wednesday videos. Instead of news, I’d instead like to announce a new and fun way my viewers can spread Dash usage – both within their local communities and to their social networks. Simultaneously.

It doesnt matter how many idiots are convinced that DASH can be considered today as a real digital cash.
It doesnt matter how many idiots gather together, and vote in favor of stupidity.
They still remain idiots. Their stupidity also remains and it will be revealed, sooner or later.

On the other hand democracy is not a matter of smart or idiots.
It is neither a matter of rationality, nor a matter of irrationality.
It is only a matter of taste.
The idiots and the irrationals have a bad taste, and the bad taste is what they deserve.

https://dashvotetracker.com/history.php?ProposalID=273

Last edited:
It doesnt matter how many idiots are convinced that DASH can be considered today as a real digital cash.
It doesnt matter how many idiots gather together, and vote in favor of stupidity.
They still remain idiots. Their stupidity also remains and it will be revealed, sooner or later.

On the other hand democracy is not a matter of smart or idiots.
It is neither a matter of rationality, nor a matter of irrationality.
It is only a matter of taste.
The idiots and the irrationals have a bad taste, and the bad taste is what they deserve.

I wouldn't have put it like that, but I do feel there are some short sighted votes being cast.
However, I have never found that insults or sanctimonious ramblings help in these matters.
Calling the majority of voters "stupid" will not change their opinions. Presenting a pragmatic argument "could" do this.

Lots of stuff
As you found out yourself when you first dipped your toe into DASHland... DASH is a moving target, and even if "everybody knows about it," it is very easy to find outdated info, which is often promulgated by trolls... Since DASH is 3 years old, it's pretty easy to find 3 years worth of "information" about what DASH used to be, but not what it is today.

There are still "coinjoin" posts in abundance...

Keeping up to date on developments will still be important.

I wouldn't have put it like that, but I do feel there are some short sighted votes being cast.
However, I have never found that insults or sanctimonious ramblings help in these matters.
Calling the majority of voters "stupid" will not change their opinions. Presenting a pragmatic argument "could" do this.

It is not the majority of the voters in our case. It is the majority of the whales, the majority of the operators that hold a lot of masternodes. I dont care very much about them, neither I think I can change their opinion. They are greedy, selfish, stupid and deaf, and it is very hard for them to escape from their situation. "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God". May God help them understand the bad road they are following.

If I say that water is wet, I am not "calling" water names. I am identifying a quality inherent to water with an appropriately descriptive word. IF water wants to get offended and be triggered by this accurate statement of fact, that's water's problem.

The overwhelming majority of MNOs are quite dumb, uninformed, misinformed, etc. Pragmatic arguments have no effect on most of them. They are logic-proof and fact-proof. It's not an insult. It's a factual description of reality. If denial suits better than facing reality, that's your choice. You can grow up and become a better MNO, or you can be a crybully.

Personally, I like the proposal, just not the fact that it exchanges one function for another. I believe that keeping abreast of the moving target that is DASH will remain as important as it ever was, there will simply be a lot fewer incidences of need for punctuating such. Amanda knows this, and knows that there will be a lot less reason to make videos unless she adds a new topic/focal point. This is good for her keep having a reason to make, and charge for, videos. And, it's good for DASH to see a marketing approach intermingled; as I described in the previous post. Economics. Capitalism. Working as intended.

Reaching the normies will be a hard task. Perhaps the hardest task of all that crypto at-large has ever faced; as we look around and see that nigh on a decade post Satoshi, it still hasn't happened.

The ability to learn by doing is chief. Of you can't actually do it, spend it anywhere, the matter remains academic and abstract; and this is often the largest gulf in un-neck-bearding crypto. If they could actually go do it, then they would learn faster.

You can read about driving, watch videos about driving; but you really don't learn until you get behind the wheel. In spite of inventing the killer feature that would once and for all finally enable this, DASH has still failed to make crypto drive-able.

Until this changes, you're expending a lot of effort trying to push an elephant through a keyhole. You cannot force adoption, you must bait it. Since the beginning of crypto, the effort to force adoption has been all stick; trying to flog normies into liking it. This won't work no matter where you try it. You need carrot. DASH created carrot, but still fails to use carrot...

While I appreciate your efforts, until IX is fixed, you're still trying to beat normies into submission instead of bait them with something they want.

Last edited:
You are interested in what Apple or Coke would be with or without advertising. I am interested in whether Apple and Coke deserve to have the place they have in the market, and whether they exist some other products better than these. Many people are persuaded by advertising, but I detest the advertisers and Ι am convinced only by the specifications and the technical details. I appreciate the detractors and defamators much more than the advertisers. They are both liars after all, but I always prefer those who are hiding the good news rather than those who are hiding the bad news.

But I dont blame you, we are just of different quality and we are living in a different universe.

Hehehe...
There is a saying in trading: "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

The corollary is, the market does not care if you believe Netscape is the better browser or Ubuntu is the better OS. The market does not care about your philosophy, feelings, or wether you detest it or not.

It is what it is. In the real universe. :-D

To address the questions coming from those who personally like DASH Detailed and value it as current investors:

I love that you love DASH Detailed. But I personally would like to shift my efforts to attracting completely new people -- rather than continuing to focus on people who have already bought-in.

In terms of news updates for current investors to gauge the direction of their investment (like @bhkien wisely pointed out), I believe DashForceNews or similar can and should fill that void. It is also up to contractors like the Core team to continually communicate their own value to the network, however -- without my assistance.

TL;DR: To achieve currency status, current investors are important. But new investors are even more important.
Amanda makes a good point and I see her confidence, poise and physical beauty as universal, powerful persuasion, for outreach to people from all walks of life. PErhaps there is another way to run these kinds of promotions that wouldn't pose any anonymity issues... We certainly do need outreach to non-Fintechs.

Hehehe...
There is a saying in trading: "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

The corollary is, the market does not care if you believe Netscape is the better browser or Ubuntu is the better OS. The market does not care about your philosophy, feelings, or wether you detest it or not.

It is what it is. In the real universe. :-D

Of course the market do not care about me. But the market really cares about the philosophy and the feelings of the one who governs, and whether the governament detest the current market or not. The market is always the slave of the goverment. The government commands, and the market follows the commands blindly. They cannot do otherwise. The market always obey to the government, either because they really believe in the government, either because they are forced to believe. You underestimate market's power. The real power resides to the one who is capable use the force and the violence, and this ability is always associated to the governance.

The governance, in whatever form this governance may appear, it always rules everyone and everything. In whatever universe.

Last edited:
PErhaps there is another way to run these kinds of promotions that wouldn't pose any anonymity issues...

Of course there is another way, but the MNOs don't care about anonymity at all, as long as this proposal is upvoted massively.

Lamassu proposal was the tombstone of the ATMs.
This proposal will evolve to the tombstone of the anonymity,
Go on stupids, reject anonymity and follow the eponymoys way.
This is exactly what the spies want.

Last edited:
Of course there is another way....

You may also search about proof of identification without revealing your social security number. This can be used for example in order to prove that you own a social security number of a country, without revealing the exact number. This is called zero knowledge proof indetification, and some states (not the US of course) may support this proof for their citizents.
For example a state may give timestamps of signed documents that their citizents ask, without revealing the name of the citizent. Those states may give time stamped blind signatures to their citizents. If this feature is supported by the state, then if I ask you to give me a timestamp at random time, several times, and you manage to fullfill my request everytime and exactly at the time I asked you, and as quick as possible, then this means that you own a social security number of that state. This is enough of course if you are a single person wanting to prove that you belong to the state. if you are two persons, then you both have to prove that the one's zero knowledge social security number is different to the other's. So a more complicated protocol is needed, and the state must support it.

A Zero-knowledge proof of identification protocol is the "Fiat-Shamir Proof of Identity"

There are different levels there:
Authentication Schemes: Amanda proves to Demo that she is Amanda, but someone else cannot prove to Demo that they are Amanda.
Identification Schemes: Amanda proves to Demo that she is Amanda, but Demo cannot prove to someone else that he is Amanda.
Signature Schemes: Amanda proves to Demo that she is Amanda, but Demo cannot prove to anybody (himself included) that he is Amanda.

A variation of the above schemes is the "Fiege-Fiat-Shamir Proof of Identity" and the "Guillou and Quisquater protocol". There is also a "A New Zero Knowledge Identification Scheme based on Weil Pairin by B. K. Sharma , Hemlal Sahu , Neetu Sharma" and so on....

"For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Last edited:
This proposal is suggesting we put the roof on before the walls are up.

Giving people something they can't use is at least pointless and at worst going to hurt Dash.

Please put a stop to this @amanda_b_johnson

Back