• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Procedure to sweep a paper wallet into Dash Core

Hi,
I have Dash Core version v0.12.1.3 (on a 64-bit Windows PC) which has never been used (neither to send nor to receive). The question is, how do I sweep one of my Dash paper wallets into the Dash Core wallet? (I've no passphrases for the paper wallets, just the public and private keys.)
Or, a welcome intermediate alternative would be an online wallet site that would let me enter the private key to sweep funds into the online wallet.
Thanks!

Last edited:
do not use any online wallets, when you input your privkey to unknown service you will provide access to your money.

To import your data into dash core wallet:
1) open dashcore wallet
2) enter tools-> debug console menu
3) use importpubkey "YOUR_KEY" and importprivkey "YOUR_KEY" commands to import your wallet

So, using a random (not from my actual collection of paper wallets!) public key as an example, the command to import a public key into my Dash Core wallet would be:
importpubkey XboykLQiKvuD4mXRtUa6dpMuypnEkJWPaF
Correct?
I see in the Help listing of commands for importpubkey:
importpubkey "pubkey" ( "label" rescan )
The items to the right of importpubkey "pubkey" are optional? What do they do?
Sorry to ask such newbie questions but I don't see any examples in Dash Core's debug area

Last edited:
When attempting to import the public key of a cold storage wallet, I typed this (the public key as displayed below has had some characters changed before posting this question)

importpubkey XnteirR5wooccBkoZ7hLnw9Fzdyxpu2sxr

and the system returned this error message:
Pubkey must be a hex string (code -5)

But I went ahead and did importprivkey and it worked, so apparently there's really no need to import the public key.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back