• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Problem: "You must set masternode=1 in the configuration"

sfc

He guys,

i ve followed TAOs How to step by step to setup my masternode, but i keep getting the above error. I have researched this error and verified its not one of the known reasons. My conf files are really conf files and no txt files, i have stored them also in the app folder. The last thing that could be is that i created the 0-adress in an already existing wallet with "getaddress 0". Maybe i have to setup a completely fresh wallet? Thx for your help.

I had exactly the same problem. I rebooted the server hosting the MN and also rebooted my local machine. I checked the hosted server was back online then followed the last few steps of the guide where you start the masternode. Seemed to work straight after that.

Are you launching the qt exe with the conf file containing the masternode information as well as masternode=1 setting? Example: darkcoin-qt.exe -conf=LOCATION_OF_CONFIG_FILE\NAME.conf

Back