• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PrivateSend fail

jimbursch

I'm getting the following message when I try to make a PrivateSend transaction:

Code:
Unable to locate enough PrivateSend denominated funds for this transaction. PrivateSend uses exact denominated amounts to send funds, you might simply need to anonymize some more coins.

My PrivateSend balance and amount are way in excess of the transaction I am trying to make, and I can see plenty of inputs (coin selection) that can be used.

Why am I getting this error?

I am using Dash Core QT 12.1.5 64bit on Ubuntu.

Use coin control and select some mixed inpuls which give you a balance you want to send and just send them. Works?

I've had this happen once before. Unfortunately it seems like that's the way PrivateSend works right now. If you're unable to send the exact private balance you wanted, add some extra coins there and mix them for a greater chance there's enough inputs.

To put it simply, here is an example. Say, you have 20 DASH in PS balance but it's 10+10 and you want to send 11 DASH. Unlike for normal transactions, PS txes can't have any change and must spend it as a fee, so you need almost exact match for your inputs or otherwise fee is going to be huge. This means that you need 10+1 (or 11x1 etc) or otherwise fee is going to be 9 DASH. Wallet won't allow you to send tx with such high fee (by default), so PS fails. We don't even try to create such tx actually if wallet doesn't have enough inputs to avoid such fee.

Well, then the message should be more descriptive (perhaps a link to a FAQ?) and have a call to action. Now user is left with an unusable PrivateSend and with no recourse.

Recommending him to manually select inputs that have necessary number of mixing rounds isn't a good solution either.

Any way to force wallet to split a big output into another round of mixing? Say, 1 -> 10 * 0.1 ?

I wouldn't jump to Zerocoin just yet. It was hacked a few times recently and it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable yet.
I actually prefer Dash coin mixing system, but I agree that it must be streamlined somehow. It's not really usable in this state for the average Joe.

I'm getting the following message when I try to make a PrivateSend transaction:

Code:
Unable to locate enough PrivateSend denominated funds for this transaction. PrivateSend uses exact denominated amounts to send funds, you might simply need to anonymize some more coins.

My PrivateSend balance and amount are way in excess of the transaction I am trying to make, and I can see plenty of inputs (coin selection) that can be used.

Why am I getting this error?

I am using Dash Core QT 12.1.5 64bit on Ubuntu.

I use dash testnet send privateSend Transaction also find this problem

./dash-cli -testnet sendtoaddress ydbfLPQ4iFGvgeGjrAineJdczthNgjxRKA 4.5 "sendtoaddress example" "Nemo From Example.com" false false true

error code: -4

error message:

Unable to locate enough PrivateSend denominated funds for this transaction. PrivateSend uses exact denominated amounts to send funds, you might simply need to mix some more coins.

{

"ydbfLPQ4iFGvgeGjrAineJdczthNgjxRKA": 4.67590000

}

I want to know how to solve this problem about you, could you tell me,I am a dash new user ,greate thanks.

I use dash testnet send privateSend Transaction also find this problem

./dash-cli -testnet sendtoaddress ydbfLPQ4iFGvgeGjrAineJdczthNgjxRKA 4.5 "sendtoaddress example" "Nemo From Example.com" false false true

error code: -4

error message:

Unable to locate enough PrivateSend denominated funds for this transaction. PrivateSend uses exact denominated amounts to send funds, you might simply need to mix some more coins.

{

"ydbfLPQ4iFGvgeGjrAineJdczthNgjxRKA": 4.67590000

}

I want to know how to solve this problem about you, could you tell me,I am a dash new user ,greate thanks.

Options :

Mix 1 round more (settings - options - wallet - increase your PrivateSend rounds to use with +1) and try to do another PrivateSend transaction afterwards. If your wallet still gives that error message, then try to set your rounds to mix 1 round lower and try again to create your PrivateSend transaction. Since you already mixed 1 extra round, you won't be sacrificing any privacy. But it may free up some input amounts, so you can proceed with your transaction.

Another option is to set your PrivateSend round to use one round lower (-1) and accept this will come at a lower privacy on your transaction. If you are already at a high number of rounds to use (8 rounds for example) this will not matter that much, but if you are on a low number of rounds (4 rounds for example) it will have an impact on your transaction privacy.

These two options are basically workarounds.

Last edited:
Back