• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Print Dash T-shirts for the poor countries

Print Cheap dash tshirts and distribute them

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashmaximalist

t1wModeled.jpg

First things first , we need to have solid vision for dash and follow a strategy accordingly, Crypto in the current scenario has two big places to go , the super rich and super poor , the super rich are struggling for good returns with bank rates near zero ) , the super poor have horrible inflation

we need a solid strategy when targeting poor just as we target the rich if not better ones, free/cheap dash t-shirts is one such idea.

dash tshirts when printed at scale cost less than $1, we can print like 50k or so and distribute them to the poor African countries and sell them for like 50 cents or cheaper (basically cheaper than any second hand t-shirt in their market). The idea is to let the poorest of poor wear our shirts and roam around in their communities.

what do we get out of this ?

we get brand recognition, lots of it and precisely where we need ( if you believe crypto is the best tool help the poor etc), we will have real-life walking breathing ambassadors of dash in the local communities.

Remember the poor have hard time in believing new things,so we need to keep reinforcing our brand identity and any ideas towards that are very helpful.

And it will be a great story for dash when we show the poor communities getting benefit from dash etc think about it

example of second hand market in kenya

mtumba-clothing-in-kenya.jpg

If we want to move further up the value chain and target not so starving poor people, we need to support big league football team or two ( but this is for much bigger budgets obviously).

I believe this will be a cheap and powerful outdoor marketing idea that can instill confidence about a brand, which is very crucial if think about it ( think of all the places where you see HSBC , its there for a reason ).

This hopefully also gels well with all the privacy advocates as well ;)

Last edited:
can we print like 50k or so and distribute them to the African countries and sell them for like 50 cents or so( basically cheaper than any shirt in the market).

I'm going to assume you mean mostly sub-saharan africa - even then, I would hope the target market would be a bit more focused than that.

playing devils advocate a bit here, as I think in most cases there's no such thing as bad marketing - however a few things to think about:

1. dumping cheap/free clothing on markets in less developed countries (& thereby displacing local business / importers) is not a good look these days. Even when done by organisations whose only motive has been charity.
2. this is compounded by the fact that DASH.org is not a charity - and in fact with the current ICO/ponzischeme narrative, could end up looking very bad if the target audience (those who have opted for the cheapest t-shirt in their local market) were to lose money.
3. even ignoring the above, & assuming the people who get the shirt ever even log on to dash.org - can anyone honestly say that there's a product here that is ready for prime time / mass adoption for these markets? Might be better to wait for evolution wallets to come out before targeting these customers.

hey there

yes true , we would need to wait till evolution rolls out because we are targeting really poor communities /people here.

having said that we are not going to replace local businesses/ importers, we will be aiding them, when we sell our tshirts to them and who in turn will sell it to their local customers.

Now ICO/ ponzi concern is for the world we live in, for people in sub-saharan africa following laws or breaking them is a far cry event , what they need a stable currency that can hold their savings ( sort of like gold) , dash is better for this because as the usage grows the price / value of savings grows.

also remember the fact that we are not forcing anyone to wear anything , they are the ones who will be wearing them

infact should we end up supporting a football team or two , people would love to sport our brand

Also remember, this will happen after we do the sms based marketing thing, which will help cement the brand identity.

The beautiful thing about cryptocurrency is that it works for poor people even today and its a once in a lifetime opportunity to both help the poor and profit from it.

Last edited:
You can't just give out free t-shirts and expect people to go to "dash.org". In the past when I've done this, I've made sure the recipients also post pics (wearing the shirts) on social media. Getting them to also install a wallet and receive dash is also good.

Also, while price is obviously an issue, I didn't just go for the cheapest possible shirts. I think that's why my shirts are still being worn regularly.

And finally, mine say, "Dash - Digital Cash" because I think it's more direct than foolishly hoping people will go to the website. And yes, my shirts caught the eye of ABJ.

Next up, I'm currently working on cloth grocery bags; current sample design...

Attachments

• dash_cart_sample.png
    dash_cart_sample.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 116
"Cheap Dash T-shirts for the poor"
that headline is repulsive tbh o_O

that headline is repulsive tbh o_O
The whole concept is repugnant.

Using poor people, as assholes do, in a way that does not help them, as a way to virtue signal that you give a shit, when you clearly don't because you're not actually helping... Just to get your name out?

If there's a way to be a bigger asshole, I don't know what it is.

...and I'm the resident expert on being an asshole.

You can't just give out free t-shirts and expect people to go to "dash.org". In the past when I've done this, I've made sure the recipients also post pics (wearing the shirts) on social media. Getting them to also install a wallet and receive dash is also good.

Also, while price is obviously an issue, I didn't just go for the cheapest possible shirts. I think that's why my shirts are still being worn regularly.

And finally, mine say, "Dash - Digital Cash" because I think it's more direct than foolishly hoping people will go to the website. And yes, my shirts caught the eye of ABJ.

Next up, I'm currently working on cloth grocery bags; current sample design...

Ok, this is where the big difference is. you are talking about people in a developed country who have a choice of wearing an expensive garment.

mtumba-clothing-in-kenya.jpg

I am talking about people in sub-saharan africa who usually only wear second hand clothes imported from US / UK, my point is to enable some of these people to wear a brand new garment for the price of second hand one, i am sure some people would be happy with that.

The impact, we are not expecting people to create a dash wallet when they are buying/ wearing this t-shirt at all , but when these people wear them and walk around they would essentially be mini bill boards etc

they would essentially be mini bill boards etc
smh

You even come right out and say it. Wooo, they get a NEW shirt! ...which is no better than a used one in decent shape. Oh, and they can be our billboard...

How does this help?

It's like a really fat girl advertising "Help the starving people!" Oh, wait...

14-sallystruthers.jpg

smh

You even come right out and say it. Wooo, they get a NEW shirt! ...which is no better than a used one in decent shape. Oh, and they can be our billboard...

How does this help?

It's like a really fat girl advertising "Help the starving people!" Oh, wait...

where did you come with the fat girl stuff , what's the connection ? are you saying people will not wear these t-shirts even if they are cheap ?

So, how's that "i'll convince some sucker to submit a worthless proposal so we can laugh our asses off" project going for ya? been on it for some time now.

So, how's that "i'll convince some sucker to submit a worthless proposal so we can laugh our asses off" project going for ya? been on it for some time now.
its coming fine , how is your "never do anything except pass comments on people who do stuff " coming on ?

I dont Think that T Shirts to the Poor it a way to adoption, will be better to teach to the poor how to make there situation better with Dash, or create a CHarity Fund in Dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back