• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Price cycles..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super8

We all know that Dash has many superior features to the competition, and whilst the project is in ongoing development it's important not to be overly fixated with its price on Coinmarketcap.com... However, let's be honest here, it's hard not to be, right?

I've noticed a slightly more than occasional trend whereby it appears that Dash is often moving in a contrarian way compared with the top 8 cryptos....

Occasionally, all the others are in the red and Dash is the only one going up, or its the other way round.

Maybe I'm just seeing patterns that aren't particularly meaningful, but on the other hand, maybe there is something to be gleaned from this.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of pattern?

Yer, have not charted this to confirm a correlation, but it would appear that way, I figure on cycles throughout most of the 'alts' all the way back to bitcoin but I suppose only the whales who dictate the terms really know whats coming next.
Can not always separate the chaotic randomness out of the connected cyclical periodicity ! :rolleyes:

I think that Dash, because of masternodes, has more stability than other coins. Money doesn't go in and out so fast because people set up masternodes and that would explain a different behaviour to other coins.

I think that Dash, because of masternodes, has more stability than other coins. Money doesn't go in and out so fast because people set up masternodes and that would explain a different behaviour to other coins.

I agree, the 'surplus' is often hoovered up from the bottoms in order to buy more masternodes often in obvious 1k buys.

This trend could result in Dash being exchanged less and therefore appreciating less than its competitors. Potentially amplifying this is the apparent fact that Dash by design is supposed to be favored by buyers and sellers who don't want to be on an exchange, but in the dark. Perhaps more stability will necessarily mean less appreciation over time, except for inflation hedge appreciation?

We all know that Dash has many superior features to the competition, and whilst the project is in ongoing development it's important not to be overly fixated with its price on Coinmarketcap.com... However, let's be honest here, it's hard not to be, right?

I've noticed a slightly more than occasional trend whereby it appears that Dash is often moving in a contrarian way compared with the top 8 cryptos....

Occasionally, all the others are in the red and Dash is the only one going up, or its the other way round.

Maybe I'm just seeing patterns that aren't particularly meaningful, but on the other hand, maybe there is something to be gleaned from this.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of pattern?

I got the same feeling, and I think is great, because there is always a coin I can invest, I do trading and DASH-Bitcoin make the perfect assets to invest. You win big in DASHwhen it goes to 10-11, and when it goes down, Bitcoin is going from 700 to 720, 730 etc. I think this makes DASH more valuable. DASH had a really great months through the summer when Bitcoin was going down and letargic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back