Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by Dr. Julian Hosp, Mar 24, 2017.

Tags:
?

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Super8

Super8 Active Member

I have sent a reply to the unexpected email from Tenx which has informed me that my physical card order has not been shipped and that the order has been cancelled!

I don't know why you have cancelled the order. This is very dissapointing. You have told me that you have returned my funds and that I need to reorder the physical card 'when the system is back up'

I was able to deposit btc with you. I was able to pay for the virtual card, and the physical card. Now I cannot get into the app at all. So I don't know if the funds have been returned, and I also am not able to reorder the card!

I hope your technical support team can help.

:-(

2. Dr. Julian Hosp

Dr. Julian Hosp Active Member

not yet, because we are waiting for the new design to be approved. to be honest, we did not expect our stock of 1.000 cards to be ordered within a few days. That's why we have a delay.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr. Julian Hosp

Ok, I will check with the tech side right now. If your oder was cancelled, it was because we were already out of cards. You should get into your app however and see that. I will get back to you in a few hours after I understand why you can't get in, which should not be the case.

4. Super8

Super8 Active Member

Ok, thanks. Hope it can be sorted out.

5. Dr. Julian Hosp

You have my personal guarantee it will.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Julian Hosp

Ok, so I have the answer: The reason why you might not be able to get into the app is because you are on a slower internet (could this be?). Then a short-term token which rolls over to a long-term token to access your account has a malfunction and you get an error.

Solution:
    1. De-Instal and Re-instal the app - this should fix it 100%
    2. Use faster Internet

Can you try the re-instal and let me know that it worked?

Thanx

7. Super8

Super8 Active Member

I don't have slow internet, but I will do as you say. (I will send you a private message with some other information as it is - hopefully - not necessary to continue this conversation in a public way.)

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cbh838

cbh838 New Member

Has DASH been intergrated to OneBit card already. I already receive my card
    ...waiting to load my DASH

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dr. Julian Hosp

No, not ready yet. We are expecting to have ETH up next week and DASH right afterwards. We had a lot of compliance questions from Mastercard with DASH, so we have to see about the exact roll out. We might have to limit the usage in some way at the beginning. No other provider is offering DASH directly, so let's see what we can do.

10. studioz

studioz Well-known Member

Lucky you , i have to wait

11. Kai

Kai Member

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I want you to clarify something. Did you ask us money for Dash integration, and doing ETH integration for free ? o_O

12. Dr. Julian Hosp

ETH was paid by very specific investors and their investment was speficically for ETH - this was already explained prior to the proposal. We will not integrate any further coins other than BTC, ETH and DASH.

13. Kai

Kai Member

Okay thanks.

14. donho

donho Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

can't wait to order my card... Do you have an ETA on the new cards? Before DASH integration goes live or after?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Balych

Balych Active Member

Dash Address:
    Xba1ychX7CjgbRrCKE1LjHjT3jLUhcexs5
    News from email:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. akhavr

akhavr Active Member

Any update for the (physical) card availability internationally?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dr. Julian Hosp

Yes, our whitepaper will be up tonight on www.tenx.tech and the cards will be ready for order shortly after. Please understand we will ship out the preorders first so expect arrival time for the cards within the next 3-4 weeks at the people's place. We have integrated DASH and will send out a video this week from our users here in Singapore

• Like Like x 2
  18. akhavr

akhavr Active Member

Can I place a preorder now? :)

19. Dr. Julian Hosp

We will activate preorders within the next days. We are doing final steps for our token sale right now, so we need to do one thing at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Acedian

Acedian Member

Dash Address:
    XeMABbcebB5yeZH2HxsV7yLNJA9hbzMgpz
    Any updates form Mr. Shrem?

21. Instacoins

Instacoins Member

Which exchanges are you integrated with?

22. Instacoins

Instacoins Member

I am asking because we are currently Working on Fiat credit card to dash.
    We would buy all the dash that your clients are selling. Literally all. For USD (seems like you prefere that) we could agree on the kraken exchange rate. This would mean that the Community who paid for this would have literally no costs on the dash to usd side and only on the fx exchange if applicable and card fees.

We are incoorperated in denmark. Let me know.
    Kind Regards

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dr. Julian Hosp

This would be VERY interesting for us. Right now we work with Kraken, Polo and Quoine. Can you send me an email for that? [email protected]

We are doing our token sale right now, but from July onwards, this would be a great partnership.

24. Instacoins

Instacoins Member

When you are in europe let me know :)
    Would be fun to grap a couple of beer and pay with a dash debit card.

I will write you an email once we are up and running. July sounds good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Dr. Julian Hosp

Everything is working:

We are filling the preorders right now and will accept new card orders in 2-3 weeks. We also have our token sale planned end of the month, so lots of work parallel. Thanx for being patient!

• Like Like x 2
  26. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member

TenX to add Digix (8 mins 8 secs):

I'm assuming this won't be added until end of the year.

On 30 Mar 2017:

"We are NOT looking into adding any other currencies for now. We also raised money to integrate Bitcoin and Ethereum. If we do not get the funding for DASH, we cannot integrate it for now - which would be a bummer."

On 24 Mar 2017:

"I think you are misunderstanding our intentions. We onboarded BTC and ETH only to have a prove of concept for COMIT, not necessarily to offer a debit card. This was just a by-product. If you feel Dash is being punished by us integrating a service now that we would otherwise not integrate until the end of the year, because our vision is to build a decentralized credit card payment platform, then we of course will not offer our service right now. Understand, that the original plan was NOT to offer Dash right now, rather in a year's time directly decentraliced through the COMIT routing protocol.

A company can do everything, just not at the same time. Our focus is to have everything ready on a decentralized basis by year end. We just thought you would be excited for us to hire an extra person and dedicate a few resources to this growing platform and have the best card out there.

Your call - that's why we have this preproposal. So far over 90% want the card, so we are optimistic!"

Ten organisations collaborate on Kovan testnet (includes digix and tenx, before March 2017):

https://github.com/kovan-testnet/proposal

27. Dr. Julian Hosp

You are aware that these are ERC20 tokens, right @GrandMasterDash ? We had our 1M invested supported by Fenbushi (with Vitalik from ETH) to do exactly that... But I get it, your only point here is trying to attack us, why else would you try to create false info? Anyways, I appreciate you being one of our loyal followers (the video was not posted anywhere in the DASH community so far). Thanx for sharing it :) Dash is LIVE, we are just waiting to ship the cards globally. We made good on our promise (ok, 2 months late, I give you that, but so?) and the DASH community will see a massive value increase through that.

28. Super8

Super8 Active Member

How long until you ship the cards globally? This has been a sticking point for a while now.

• Like Like x 1
  29. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member

@Dr. Julian Hosp Can we take a step backwards please.

It's true, I am sensitive to your claims but since our last fallout, I think I have been very restrained to criticise you. For example, I haven't chased you on the late implementation (others have).

In this particular instance, I don't feel like I have provided false info. I don't want to get into a technical argument as I am not an ethereum developer. However, it is my understanding that an ERC20 token is easy to implement. But then again, dash should also be relatively easy to implement being it's a fork of bitcoin. So, my conclusion was (right or wrong), the issue is not how easy it is to add new tokens / cryptos to your platform, but rather the dash community was lead to believe your priorities were bitcoin, ethereum and possibly dash if we paid you.

I understand TenX has been working closely with the ethereum community before you made your proposal. With that in mind, it wouldn't of hurt to say, "ERC20 tokens are easy to implement so we may well add those too". But anyway, I don't know where digix is on your roadmap so perhaps you could tell me (purely informational, not an attack).

Previously, I was quite harsh on you. Some digging around had raised some red flags regarding your past, so I think it was only natural you was challenged about it. There had also been a misunderstanding about TenX running masternodes. It later transpired you was running non-collateralized nodes. That was quite an error you made because, had it been true, you could of quickly raised $100k.

Anyway, a few months have passed and I can see you haven't disappeared and you are still engaging with us and others, so I very much take this as a good sign. So let's just draw a line and say the past is the past.

30. Dr. Julian Hosp

Yes. Right now everything is done from our side and DASH is working. We are waiting for the new cards that should arrive any day and then we can open up the offers. In Singapore we are not allowed to offer anything, we don't have yet. So we actually have to wait till we have the cards in our own hands. Our token sale is end of June, so we definitely are determined to sending everything out before.