• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Predicting the next hyper-inflation country? To be ready with a Dash market there

@wgollini that is a common predictor due to fragile economies arising from heavy involvement of government in industry in communist countries, but it is by no means the only or best indicator. Turkey and Greece both experienced dramatic inflation recently with centre-right governments in power, not to mention hyperinflation in Germany and Austria in the 20s. I think another significant component is corruption, sovereign debt and an inability engage in international trade, regardless of whether due to internal inefficiencies or external sanctions. As such, I think Iran, China, Argentina and more may all be on the cards, although I haven't done any formal research to back this up. Thoughts?

@wgollini that is a common predictor due to fragile economies arising from heavy involvement of government in industry in communist countries, but it is by no means the only or best indicator. Turkey and Greece both experienced dramatic inflation recently with centre-right governments in power, not to mention hyperinflation in Germany and Austria in the 20s. I think another significant component is corruption, sovereign debt and an inability engage in international trade, regardless of whether due to internal inefficiencies or external sanctions. As such, I think Iran, China, Argentina and more may all be on the cards, although I haven't done any formal research to back this up. Thoughts?
True Stropy ... maybe I focused only on the recent experience lived in Venezuela

Considering the recent events in Nicaragua, and considering that there is a strong recession in that country, it is possible that important inflation will occur soon.

Back