• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Would you like DASH to leave blockhain technology and pass to Blockchain 2.0?

Pre-Proposal: Would you like DASH to leave blockhain technology and pass to Blockchain 2.0?

• yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unicorn Rainbo Ass.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
My point of view is simple.
What is the cost of a masternode? It is masternode_fee+hardware_cost.
If hardware cost increases, then the masternode cost increases.
If the masternode cost increases then fewer persons can handle that cost.
So fewer persons become masternodes, so the dash netword becomes more and more centralized.

You have to remember that decentralization is counted in persons, not in number of machines!

Ok, that's a very valid point. There are a few routes to addressing it, the simplest of which is lowering the barrier of entry by reducing the masternode collateral requirements or make masternode sharing part of the network. Imho that would be a very good route for the network to take as it would effectively be a high interest savings account available to anyone and everyone but it's not a high priority or even in active discussion much because it's not really needed at this point, a high percentage of the masternodes where set up way back in the Darkcoin days and very few are interested in shutting them down.

Long term it could be a very serious problem, the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer is just one of those unfortunate facts of life and one that would extent to masternode ownership and so potentially control of the network. I'm very confident it's a problem that can be addressed though as it will be an issue in the decision making processes long before it reaches a majority, it already shows up a bit so lots of minds are turning the problem over and Dashes track record for coming up with clean and effective solutions is very good.

EDIT: Fwiw, I'm more or less certain the solution is a web of trust system via the social wallet identity system but it's way to early to speculate on anything like that yet and time and again the core devs have left any solutions to problems I've considered for dust with far more elegant plans. I'd suggest keeping an eye on how the mining centralisation problem is addressed, Evan's confident he's solved it but as far as I know he's not explained it yet and the problems are similar.

Last edited:
EDIT: Fwiw, I'm more or less certain the solution is a web of trust system via the social wallet identity system but it's way to early to speculate on anything like that yet and time and again the core devs have left any solutions to problems I've considered for dust with far more elegant plans. I'd suggest keeping an eye on how the mining centralisation problem is addressed, Evan's confident he's solved it but as far as I know he's not explained it yet and the problems are similar.

A web of trust?

Here comes the rain again!

Last edited:
I wonder what all those 39 people who voted against the web-of-trust will say, when it will arrive as a necessary feature of the winning digital cash of the future! Will they be ashamed of their vote? This is one of the many reasons I keep the vote history. To remind to some people how wrong they were in the past, so that they start wondering whether they are right today.

<vote history>
  1. yes 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  2. no 4 vote(s) 44.4%
  3. other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  4. Unicorn Rainbo Ass. 4 vote(s) 44.4%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Back