Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Pre-Proposal: We Are Change!

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by LukeWeAreChange, Mar 1, 2018.

?

would you vote yes on this

Poll closed Mar 8, 2018.
  1. yeah

70.0%
  2. nah

30.0%
  1. ampp

ampp Member

I like to look at these things as a cost per million views. Right now i'm assuming you get somewhere between 1-3 million views between all your sources per month. Generally we could easily pay 10k for a million targeted views. So you have to sell the idea that adding 10 people to your staff is going to make you much bigger. You might see the same resistance when amanda wanted to scale up into a more professional show and MNO's liked the existing thing, or didn't understand why it wasn't good enough. I would start much smaller and venture to guess the mood of the MNO's this voting cycle may not favor any big deals as the price is not up with expectations.

2. LukeWeAreChange

LukeWeAreChange New Member

Dash Address:
    Xq7f7w5vB2cFoWqxvnTr3mEktMCtVpnQZ9
    Which proposals are you mentioning and what are they doing differently than us that you like.

and as I stated in the proposal there will be an independent audit of the funds with books made public for everyone to see. If I do anything wrong my reputation would be ruined and so would be the most important factor in my work, Trust.

3. LukeWeAreChange

Dash Address:

thank you so much for the helpful feedback, its something I am realizing and will most likely do.

4. Argon31

Argon31 Member

By giving false positive feedback to a proposal that is likely to fail, you are doing them a bigger disservice than by giving them real feedback.

• Trolling Trolling x 1
  5. Blake

Blake Member

I watch your show Luke-for a few years now. You do a good job of keeping your clips informative, entertaining and to the point. What I would love to see from someone that has the reach you do is some stories on cases where DASH is currently helping people in compromised situations. (Venezuela, Ghana) I think your fans that see this would feel a draw to these causes and understand the power Dash has to step up and help.

Anyway, good luck with your proposal-you have the power to reach a lot of people....thanks for the good coverage over the years. Certainly not many people are covering what you are covering. Digital currency and the journalism you provide are the two greatest shots the world has at waking up.

Best of Luck,
    Blake Chamness

6. satoshilives

satoshilives New Member

That is a big budget, maybe see if there are any ways to bring it down to less than a 2 year commitment?

7. Arthyron

Arthyron Moderator

You can give constructive or cautionary feedback without being a jerk. You can point out problems and talk about likelihood of opposition without denigrating someone's ideas. You can give real feedback without being smug, pretentious, and poisoning the well. For some, the pre-proposal and proposal process is their first introduction to the Dash community, and people who behave the way you have aren't exactly welcoming or beneficial to anyone, even if you sincerely believe you're telling the truth.

8. LukeWeAreChange

Dash Address:
    yeah your right were figuring that out right now

• Like Like x 1
  9. LukeWeAreChange

Dash Address:
    thats the plan, and thank you so much for the support and positive feedback it means a lot.

10. Jennifer Tierney

Jennifer Tierney New Member

Like the idea, but seems like a lot of money.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mastermined

mastermined Active Member

Yes. I'm helping him scale it back and I think everyone will like the updated proposal much better. He will start slower but still keep his long term vision for a larger scale independent media organization. Ben swann was talking to Adam Kokesh about doing some kind of Vice like channel in the future, which Luke would be great for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1