• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal - Visual Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark Mason given the importance and engagement on all of this, would it not be worth you guys doing an interview with both O+M and T&C? Let each of them put their case and their work forward. I think it will help the community understand how they arrived at their logos and what their respective thoughts/perspectives are on brand development as a whole. IMO it should come straight from the creators mouths themselves. This would give MNO's valuable information from which they can make a more informed decision.

My reaction to O+M logo...

dUmqQ0x.gif

My reaction to T&C logo...

K5YzUTz.gif
We both need new monitors Mark. Ugh. #Remain

Update of my slight tweak to the current logo... (advocating staying with what we have)
Refined, cleaned up, slightly more rounded, very slightly thinner, rounded corners all matched.

DashTxtX7.png

Q: Because it's already paid for, the DAO will own the O&M logo even if it loses, right?
So we could still use it as an option/secondary?

O&Mcombo1.png

Am I the only one that sees O&M's version as being a D on top and what could be a C on the bottom (though the one on the bottom could be rounded out more to be clearly a C)? It also screams blockchain. (everyone will soon know what a blockchain is)
It's an actual logo and not just a letter or word. Imo a logo should stand out and have clever details that nod towards what it is (not explicitly)
Our current logo has this with its play on the - and the D looking like a C if it were flipped.

I Like the D but it just doesn't scream logo to me. I don't see a reason why O&M can't use our current D in the name under the logo.

That said, I don't think we should "settle" for something we don't like (we already like what we have).. It's either a clear winner or nothing imo..

Dear masternodes owners,

Dash is now the 13th coin in coinmarketcap. Some time ago @amanda_b_johnson said that she only cares for the first 12 coins. So, what are you going to do now, Amanda? Despite this downfall, the masternodes keep talking for the unimportant subject of the visual identity...Vanity! Not only they talk, but even worst they also vote ([1], [2]), as if they have voted for all the rest important governance questions, and only the visual identity is left. The ultimate stupidity of the dash masternode owners, revealed.

Could you please reduce or extinguish the masternode's collateral fee, in hope that the new masternodes that will arrive will be smarter than the current ones?

Yours truly,​
Demo, the infidel DASH slave.​

P.S.
Dont take coinmarketcap seriously! They denominate in USD and, as everybody knows, USD is a scam coin similar to PTR. So I tried to denominate in BTC and I discovered that coinmarketcap reports wrong! They report that the whole cryptocurrency market capitalization (denominated in BTC) overflows the total number of bitcoins!!!!

#
Name Market_Cap Price Circulating_Supply
1.png
Bitcoin 17.055.855 BTC 1,00000000 BTC 16.943.100 BTC
1027.png
Ethereum 5.696.524 BTC 0,05785935 BTC 98.454.670 ETH
52.png
Ripple 2.907.631 BTC 0,00007437 BTC 39.094.227.299 XRP
131.png
Dash 362.897 BTC 0,04552659 BTC 7.971.098 DASH
Total Market Cap: 38.136.380 BTC

There are only 17 millions BTC, but the total market Cap is reported to exceed 38 millions BTC!!!
If BTC is my base measure, how is that ever possible?:mad:

5m-myZXKg6xNVi-hCmsmC98DxZncDlpM2Xhvsxgz6HJAED89zqp2OuQb5uYkCE5dZFcQAFWElxUa1krJCOLBbosqy_fm_V7c3C997c93G2N3zT80oyIXa04r7GVvnh34gT1VCz_V
in the wind.

Last edited:
Interesting, reading through all these reactions. I can hardly add anything to it, most things that I wanted to say have been said by others, sometimes even in the exact words!
I quite like the current logo, but that is my personal nerdy crypto opinion. We have to look at what would convince average Joe, and the O&M logo seems to be doing that best.
Seeing the T&C logo was a slap in the face for me and it has not gotten much better over time. It is the current logo, but castrated. It has lost its strength, it is neither a he a she or an it, or perhaps a combination, a s-he-it. It is what the Thai here refer to as ktoey. If you really want to keep that D, keep the current one, the strong one, the fast one, the one that makes a statement.
I also like some of the designs of the people here, though not the Hillary-one... too much illuminati for my taste. (sorry Mark ;) )

Goes to show there's only so much you can do with link-type logos. I think we need a new direction and avoid these link-type logos.

@kot The logo isn't what will convince the average person to use Dash. IMO you are mixing up two distinct but important aspects of the evolution of the project. I will list what I think the reasons are in each case in order of their importance:

1. Why will people use Dash ?

• deflationary asset seekers (Store of value people will use it, traders less so)
• hedging performance in the cryptocurrency space (Bitcoin/Precious metal holders will use it to hedge their risks)
• commercial trading performance (bartering partners will use Dash for immediate exchange)

2. How will a logo provide value to Dash ?

• future investors will value its continuity as a measure of the asset's stability (since its "community backed")
• commercial vendors will use it it as a point of recognition
• the community will use it as a symbol of identity

None of these justify an arbitrary ditching of the commercial identity and nobody can judge objectively "what works" because in times of change what works is what's confident. Remember the Sex Pistols ? They could barely play guitar but became a brand. English bands used to sing with American accents to get airplay, then one day some of them started singing in London accents and became legends.

The only consistency in all of this is the confidence of the community in what symbolically represents them.

It has to work for them, not their families and not wine swilling graphic artists.

Wine swilling you say..? [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back