• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Video Development for Commercial Promotion of DASH

SynthesisCreative

Synthesis DASH Proposal 030118 - 01.jpg
Synthesis DASH Proposal 030118 - 02.jpg

Synthesis DASH Proposal 030118 - 03.jpg

Synthesis DASH Proposal 030118 - 04.jpg

Synthesis DASH Proposal 030118 - 05.jpg

Synthesis DASH Proposal 030118 - 06.jpg

Hello all! Just as a quick aside, we are super pumped to bring value to DASH and the community here. We love the awesome potential it has to cement itself in our society with REAL value. Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions. Thanks everyone!

Realizing that our pdf uploads remove the ability to click a links we are referencing. Here they are below:

Apple Commercial energy for an example of a high-end product we intend to deliver:

Our Company website:
http://www.synthesiscreative.com

Last edited:
I agree we need to produce a collection of high quality videos, especially those that demonstrate real life use cases of Dash that people can relate to. I for one would vote yes for such a proposal. This aligns well with current marketing campaigns from Core, Feedbands and Strike Social. If the content even comes close to that of the demonstrated video then it would indeed be effective.

Thank you for your support @foxtrot. Is there anything you feel that would make our proposal document stronger? We are committed to ensuring everyone can envision the full scope of the project.

We also noticed that if you are not logged in to the forum, the pdf document embedded appears small. Did you have issues with that at all?

-Synthesis

Last year i remember Core talking about having plans for a advertisement/commercial. They suggested that the idea/script was genius level and too good to pass up and that it would be saved till sometime this year. With all the pressure to take advantage sooner than later with marketing budgets its likely that it will happen before evolution or in time for. I would suggest reaching out to that and maybe someone can find more of the details. It's possible that with your team it can get that developed.

Because there are so many advertising proposals you should probably have some of these proposal owners backing your idea with plans to use the content before you put a proposal up. That makes sure whatever is made is also usable right away.

Thank you for your support @foxtrot. Is there anything you feel that would make our proposal document stronger? We are committed to ensuring everyone can envision the full scope of the project.

We also noticed that if you are not logged in to the forum, the pdf document embedded appears small. Did you have issues with that at all?

-Synthesis

It’s a bit small but I was able to zoom in quite easily. Would be better to have it enlarged though if possible.. Mainly the budget part.

Last year i remember Core talking about having plans for a advertisement/commercial. They suggested that the idea/script was genius level and too good to pass up and that it would be saved till sometime this year. With all the pressure to take advantage sooner than later with marketing budgets its likely that it will happen before evolution or in time for. I would suggest reaching out to that and maybe someone can find more of the details. It's possible that with your team it can get that developed.

Because there are so many advertising proposals you should probably have some of these proposal owners backing your idea with plans to use the content before you put a proposal up. That makes sure whatever is made is also usable right away.

Thank you very much for bringing this point to attention @ampp. We will try to track down the conversation about that. Being able to produce content for the network beyond this is exactly the direction we would like to head. Our belief is behind DASH.

We’re looking to be in contact with the marketing firm, O&M. They are at the forefront of mainly dealing with the DASH rebranding initiative. It would be great to work along side them creating video content for commercial distribution.

With that said, our conversations with Ryan Taylor have led us to believe that there hasn’t been any other major push for commercial content this year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the proposal - seeing your previous work and current idea I would vote yes to get this project underway.

There has been many talks about Dash in the superbowl ads next year and that we need to start building momentum around our flagship product coming out this year called Evolution. Having partners such as yourself start building this relationship with Dash now is extremely important. We have budgets available every month and you have the expertise!

Once the video is complete we would need avenues to market and distribute perhaps contact @feedbands @pmckenna12 if they can assist, or do you have any other ideas around marketing and distribution on social media?

Lastly, a Dash re-brand is underway and I cannot think of a better way to get the new Dash logo out to the public using a professional crew like yourself. @fernando if this passes can we give @SynthesisCreative early access to the new logo for their video? Based on your comment of a few more weeks, we might already have a new logo by the time this passes.

Edit: Also is there some way you can prove your identity by either facebook/twitter/website account to prove the proposal will be submitted by Synthesis Creative.,

Last edited:
In my opinion we are lacking quality video content for marketing. Maybe core had something in mind for a later date but they are so focused on other things that it doesn’t seem likely to take a high priority on their list at the moment, and these productions take time... We have channels for marketing already in action and plans to expand outreach currently in the works. If you have been in contact with Ogilvy and Mather then perhaps this would be ideal timing to start working with them rolling out high quality marketing content coinciding with the Dash rebranding launch coming soon.

Thanks for the proposal - seeing your previous work and current idea I would vote yes to get this project underway.

There has been many talks about Dash in the superbowl ads next year and that we need to start building momentum around our flagship product coming out this year called Evolution. Having partners such as yourself start building this relationship with Dash now is extremely important. We have budgets available every month and you have the expertise!

Once the video is complete we would need avenues to market and distribute perhaps contact @feedbands @pmckenna12 if they can assist, or do you have any other ideas around marketing and distribution on social media?

Lastly, a Dash re-brand is underway and I cannot think of a better way to get the new Dash logo out to the public using a professional crew like yourself. @fernando if this passes can we give @SynthesisCreative early access to the new logo for their video? Based on your comment of a few more weeks, we might already have a new logo by the time this passes.

Couldn’t thank you more @Stealth923. Our thoughts are also on the scale of the Super Bowl as well as getting a head start with marketing for Evolution. As a side note to the Evolution software, every shot of a smart device will have the ability to change per the design changes. In turn extending the relavence and efficiency of any content we produce.

Since there has been a lot of people on the network with means of distributing content, taking on the sole responsibility of production would help in full collaboration with them. However, we do have contacts with highly regarded social media distribution services.

Our VFX design team is top notch and would love to work closely with the logo designers to create an updated animation!

Last edited:
Couldn’t thank you more @Stealth923. Our thoughts are also on the scale of the Super Bowl as well as getting a head start with marketing for Evolution. As a side note to the Evolution software, every shot of a smart device will have the ability to change per the design changes. In turn extending the relavence and efficiency of any content we produce.

Since there has been a lot of people on the network with means of distributing content, taking on the sole responsibility of production would help in full collaboration with them. However, we do have contacts with highly regarded social media distribution services.

Our VFX design team is top notch and would love to work closely with the logo designers to create an updated animation!

Thanks for the reply - also had an edit on my previous post.
Is there some way you can prove your identity by either facebook/twitter/website account to prove the proposal will be submitted by Synthesis Creative.,

Sure thing! Is the information below what you are looking for?

WEBSITE
www.SynthesisCreative.com

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/SynthCreate/

Because people can create fake accounts on this forum, representing valid companies and request money from the network, we usually ask them to identify themselves on a social channel.
i.e. Write on your Facebook, Website or twitter account "Synthesis Creative is excited to submit a proposal to partner with the Dash network" or something to that effect.

This proves that you are who you actually say you are and not someone pretending to be you and take the networks money :)

I echo what the others have said already, sounds like a great project, reasonable budget (just under 100 Dash per commercial, everything entailed, not bad given the high quality), etc. We definitely need to be ramping up interest in Dash as we inch closer toward the launch of the Evolution platform, and commercials are definitely one avenue that hasn't seen enough attention. The one concern I have with funding this proposal *right now*--as opposed to a later date--is that Evolution will fundamentally alter the way that Dash looks and is used, so by the time this commercial sees significant views, Dash might be completely different than it is depicted. Now, granted, on your end, that's just another opportunity for you to put up another proposal to shoot even more for us, but it's still something we have to consider. That's really my only reservation at this point, and it's not a huge one. If the rest of the MNOs agree, it will just create more mutually beneficial opportunities.

I echo what the others have said already, sounds like a great project, reasonable budget (just under 100 Dash per commercial, everything entailed, not bad given the high quality), etc. We definitely need to be ramping up interest in Dash as we inch closer toward the launch of the Evolution platform, and commercials are definitely one avenue that hasn't seen enough attention. The one concern I have with funding this proposal *right now*--as opposed to a later date--is that Evolution will fundamentally alter the way that Dash looks and is used, so by the time this commercial sees significant views, Dash might be completely different than it is depicted. Now, granted, on your end, that's just another opportunity for you to put up another proposal to shoot even more for us, but it's still something we have to consider. That's really my only reservation at this point, and it's not a huge one. If the rest of the MNOs agree, it will just create more mutually beneficial opportunities.

I was actually considering the same thing, although so many factors are pinning on the release of Evolution that it seems to be stalling momentum in some projects. The question is how do we keep the wheels in motion during this transition?

One solution would be to release a series of videos as intended by the proposal specifically for the roll out of Dash rebranding, and then if successful immediately begin working on Evolution specific videos for it’s launch which I gather would occur 2-3 months later. For each of these milestone events Olgilvy and Mather would be an essential partner in producing high quality marketing content.

It seems to me that a top quality video production team is exactly what we need at this point for stepping up our marketing efforts in preperation for Dash getting a substantial facelift and overhaul in the near future.

I was actually considering the same thing, although so many factors are pinning on the release of Evolution that it seems to be stalling momentum in some projects. The question is how do we keep the wheels in motion during this transition?

One solution would be to release a series of videos as intended by the proposal specifically for the roll out of Dash rebranding, and then if successful immediately begin working on Evolution specific videos for it’s launch which I gather would occur 2-3 months later. For each of these milestone events Olgilvy and Mather would be an essential partner in producing high quality marketing content.

It seems to me that a top quality video production team is exactly what we need at this point for stepping up our marketing efforts in preperation for Dash getting a substantial facelift and overhaul in the near future.

We fully agree @Arthyron and @foxtrot. The proposal is definitely meant as the first step towards bigger awareness. Getting content out as soon as possible is key. This first commercial would help gain momentum towards more releases leading up to Evolution and onward. It allows the full scope before getting in to larger and more specific advertising.

Thank you again for the support thus far!

One point we would like to reinforce @Arthyron is in regards to your concern with what Evolution will look like when it is premiered. We will have the ability to update any shots showing a smart device and the app to reflect changes made. Obviously, if Evolution is COMPLETELY different, then fresh content can be made for it without any issues.

Please let us know if this helps answer that concern!

Back