• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PRE-PROPOSAL: New (& Improved?) Look for DASH Detailed

amanda_b_johnson

PROPOSED:

1) To fund a professional studio (Pro-Creative) to design, film, and edit future episodes of DASH Detailed. (See the pilot episode below -- it's a remake of last week's video)

2) To discontinue the weekly nature of the Spotlight series in favor of moving interview content to shortened clips within regular DASH Detailed episodes. (Long-form interviews may still be produced occasionally on the basis of timeliness and depth of topic)

PRICE BREAKDOWN:

Pro-Creative's monthly fee = $8,000 ($2,000/episode)
Amanda B. Johnson's monthly fee = $10,000 ($2,500/episode)

TOTAL monthly = $18,000 (or ~182 Dash @ $99/coin)

Would you vote to fund this proposal? Any questions for me?

Thank you for your time.

$10k per month personal fee(!) You're good I have to admit, but seriously? How is this justified?

The fee presumably includes Pete's time as well. On top of that there is equipment maintenance, travel, and other various expenses.

I think the fee is reasonable, and maybe even too low. We have no way of knowing unless and until others enter the arena and provide comparable services at competitive rates.

Dash Detailed has likely yielded much more value (price increase) than cost (service fee) from the perspective of masternode owners. This is very likely to pass, as it should, at least until the budget is filled with competitive bids.

It's not just acting, there is also study/planning work in the behind scenes.

I think music is too agressive.

It's not just acting, there is also study/planning work in the behind scenes.

I think music is too agressive.

I agree about the underlying music -- it needs to be toned down. That would be implemented.

To be sure I understand you, you mean the underlying music throughout, right? Not the intro?

Another change I would make is to ditch the remote control -- I don't need to use it for the appearance of the slides, and I'd rather have some paper notes in front of me, instead. That'd free up my hands for expression, and eliminate a potentially distracting prop.

Rather than chats about the music, can we have a break down of the costs?

The views appear to be approx 4,000 per week, so we are looking at $1 cost per single view?

Amanda has been working for peanuts for a long time and has done wonders for the DASH network.

I think its great that she can now receive a living wage from the Treasury. I will support this proposal.

I like the new look. Very professional.

I would also strongly encourage the inclusion of professional media training in the proposal. There are some great courses out there that can help DASH detailed transition to the next level.

It looks very nice and professional, definitely "next-level" and cool!

I must admit to a certain amount of "sticker shock" at the cost. $4,500 per episode may make more sense for something with a massive reach, in excess of 100,000 views per episode. I'm not sure what market rates are for this sort of thing, but that might be worth looking into.

I really like the professional newsroom idea. Maybe this would make more sense if it was a veritable media powerhouse with at least an hour of content per day, 7 days per week, like a proper news channel. That, in my mind, would be more appropriate both for using the studio and for the amount requested.

What do you think? Is it possible to do a daily thing? That's something I would be excited to see! :)

I agree about the underlying music -- it needs to be toned down. That would be implemented.

To be sure I understand you, you mean the underlying music throughout, right? Not the intro?
I mean intro and outro music is in my opinion too agressive (fast and loud) style, but that is just my thinking.
Underlying (backround) music volume is fairly ok.

It looks very nice and professional, definitely "next-level" and cool!

I must admit to a certain amount of "sticker shock" at the cost. $4,500 per episode may make more sense for something with a massive reach, in excess of 100,000 views per episode. I'm not sure what market rates are for this sort of thing, but that might be worth looking into.

I really like the professional newsroom idea. Maybe this would make more sense if it was a veritable media powerhouse with at least an hour of content per day, 7 days per week, like a proper news channel. That, in my mind, would be more appropriate both for using the studio and for the amount requested.

What do you think? Is it possible to do a daily thing? That's something I would be excited to see! :)

A daily show is a viable idea, I'm sure. You're basically suggesting the YouTube equivalent of DashForce News: stories, interviews, reports, multiple anchors, etc. Certainly an interesting idea that someone could do -- someone with the ability to run and scale an ever-growing network operation.

I'm not sure I'm that person.

Honest evaluation of myself and skills: I'm a researcher who communicates effectively, and looks nice doing it. I'm more suited to be hired by a news producer than to become one myself.

I think the full studio is overkill right now. It looks sharp, but the brushed metal, 3d background footage, video transitions, etc. take the show into a different context. Dash Detailed as it is today feels youtube-native -- and has become a really high-quality example of that kind of content. This new format feels like a local TV news station, which might appeal to an audience used to CNN, but also feels less personal.
Don't lose that "made for youtube" internet-native excellence as you scale up the production value.

A daily show is a viable idea, I'm sure. You're basically suggesting the YouTube equivalent of DashForce News: stories, interviews, reports, multiple anchors, etc. Certainly an interesting idea that someone could do -- someone with the ability to run and scale an ever-growing network operation.

I'm not sure I'm that person.

Honest evaluation of myself and skills: I'm a researcher who communicates effectively, and looks nice doing it. I'm more suited to be hired by a news producer than to become one myself.

Hm, alright, interesting. Maybe there will be an opportunity to work together in the future! So much in the works.

As for your current gig, I think you're doing a great job, and I personally have used your work to support mine. Do I understand that this will mean you'll be doing fewer videos, but with increased production values? If that's the case, I would personally go for the opposite: more of your talent, rather than less. The cool look certainly instills a sense of Dash pride/feels, however I would see greater value out of more content. I don't think more flash makes up for less you.

I have no problem with the fee, but the new look is kind of cluttered and noisy. Too many elements at the same time, including the remote and the music. Why not something simple like John Oliver´s set?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-05-08 a la(s) 13.22.28.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-05-08 a la(s) 13.22.28.png
    495.6 KB · Views: 165
I did not really like that this massive table "eats" about 1/3 of the visible space of the entire screen (and this part is completely static). It seems to me that Amanda herself must catch as much visible space as possible :)

Regarding cost... well this "$2,000/episode" will give us more than 100,000 USD additional expenses per year... What about another approach - to buy some "own" semi-professianal studio for this money... was it estimated?

I'm ambivalent about the new look. I'm not a fan of the music (which has already been addressed), and I probably like the less-formal YouTubish look of the existing Dash Detailed. Of course, I'm an old fart, so I might not be the target audience.

Regarding the cost, I have no problem with what Amanda's requesting. The budget hasn't been full recently, so it's not like this proposal would take away from other valued ones. The value we receive from Amanda's videos are hard to quantify exactly, but there is no question in my mind she has been worth far more than she has requested over the past few months.

Slightly off-topic. I think dash detailed is a very good community update, but from my opinion it targets the people who are already interested in dash. And helps people who are looking to learn more. I would like to see some discussion on how to do more engagement of people who have already bought crypto currency but not into dash. That is the most important target demographic right now.

I don't think this new setup adds anything to the current show. I might have to vote "No".
I like the Friday spotlight, but I can see that finding interesting people in interview and getting fresh information is difficult.
Also, could you itemise the pricing?

Back