• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[pre-proposal] Exchange Listing Incentive Program

Would you vote for this proposal? MNO's only please!

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
You raised some very fair points , the more exchanges we are on the better

Especially the Chinese ones that's where the real money is

To be honest with you, I am not very convinced by your reply. The proposal mentions 10 exchanges. Considering your workload, you are probably only in contact with very few of them. You are also quoting issues the exchanges might have (regulatory, capacity) without really being very specific. We should not worry too much about the exchanges problems. It is their business not ours, and eventually it is their task to find a way around these roadblocks. Exchanges solve these kind of issues every day when they list coins. The only thing we are asking them to do is to let us skip the queue. Why? Because we have money to offer. And believe me, money talks. Maybe they do not admit it to you, but they want to make money. Please do not discourage this offer. It costs you very little time and - if it is not taken up by the exchanges - it does not cost any money either.

In general I think you are oversimplifing things on top of making assumptions about what information Core has available. It is perfectly plausible that in many cases money is not the problem. For example, Dash may actually be first in an exchange's queue, but if there is some other legal or capacity issue then money from our treasury won't really help. Also, bribes are illegal in the vast majority of countries so I would not be surprised if exchanges can't legally accept money in order to let us "skip the queue".

In short, Ryan's explaination aligns quite closely with my experiences in the business world. As such, no offense to the pre-proposer, but I am not sure how effective this initiative will be in practice.

Just my 2 cents...

In general I think you are oversimplifing things on top of making assumptions about what information Core has available. It is perfectly plausible that in many cases money is not the problem. For example, Dash may actually be first in an exchange's queue, but if there is some other legal or capacity issue then money from our treasury won't really help. Also, bribes are illegal in the vast majority of countries so I would not be surprised if exchanges can't legally accept money in order to let us "skip the queue".

In short, Ryan's explaination aligns quite closely with my experiences in the business world. As such, no offense to the pre-proposer, but I am not sure how effective this initiative will be in practice.

Just my 2 cents...
Ok, I admit that I do not know whether it would work or not. But it is the same with you. You do not know either, whether the exchanges would find a way to make it possible. There are ten chances and I bet, that at least on of them finds a way to take the money (even if it is indirekt). We do not know whether it works to put Dash-logos on planes, busses and even boxers, but we do it anyway. Let the masternodes decide about the best use of the money. The beauty of this proposal is, that you get your money back, is it does not work.

Back