Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Pre-Proposal : Educational program and book for children 7-14 years old (5000 books)

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by ikeaman, May 11, 2018.

?

Should DASH participate in educational programs and do we need a book for children 7-14 years old?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Hello, DASH-community. "Territory of DASH" has completed the development of an educational program for children aged 7-12.
    We pay special attention to educational projects that allow students learn more about blokchain technology, crypto-currencies, learn more about DASH.
    We conducted the first lesson in crypto-economics at the Belarusian school.
    We became partners of the economic festival of schoolchildren and students "The Ladder of Success".

Our representative is giving lectures on the blockade and DASH at the MIRBIS Business School and the Belarusian National Technical University.

http://digitalmirbis.ru/

Our proposal is a book for children 7-12 years old:

1. The book will be published under the guidance of DASH

2. DASH will be stated as the partner and there will be a reference to dash.org

3. One of the chapters will be dedicated to DASH

4. One of the heroines of the book will be the girl DASHa (Russian female name Dasha)

5. DASH have the ability to print the given book in the needed quantity for non-commercial use.

How can we use this book?
    The first edition will be in Russian (however, if necessary, we will be able to translate this book into any language). We plan to transfer this book to students of Belarusian and Russian schools who will cooperate with us in the framework of the educational project on studying blokchain and crypto-currencies.

How much does it cost?

5000 Examplars - $ 13.000 (33 DASH)
    Refund of collateral - 5 DASH

Total: 38 DASH

Please express your opinion in the comments. It is important for us to know what you think about it.

#1 ikeaman, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Friends, your comments are very necessary to understand how much this idea is needed and useful for DASH.

3. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

It comes down to the quality of your work. I'm not sure the english translation is doing you justice, or whether the book has actually explained things clearly enough. I think you should produce the book in general crypto terms and come back with proof of sales and education endorsements.

4. Arthyron

Arthyron Active Member

I'm curious about the utility of teaching such young people about cryptocurrency when the ability to obtain and use it is very difficult for that age group. Certainly it will probably be an important technology in years to come and it helps young people to be able to familiarize themselves when they're younger so that they can be well-equipped to enter the tech field when the time comes, but I'm just not sure how much use these books would see except maybe in households where the parents are very interested in cryptocurrency. Do you have any information about the popularity of cryptocurrency in families with small children?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Argon31

Argon31 Member

The idea is good. A digital project would be more impactful than printing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Perhaps you haven’t fully understood. These slides are not a book, it's just a presentation of the book. We can’t publish the materials of the book before receiving the certificate of authorship. Nevertheless, if the slides mislead you, we will remove them and redo the presentation. With regard to the content, we tried to explain the basic concepts in a language children understand and using understandable characters, taking into account the children’s age. What is blockchain? What is bitcoin? What are alternative currencies? What is mining? What is DASH? We do not plan commercial sales. Our team is participating in educational projects in the CIS countries and starting from September 2018 we will continue our activity in this direction. We have conducted the first lessons of crypto-economics in the schools of Belarus, taken part in the pupils and students’ economic festival. In September these books will be given to Belarusian primary school children in those schools where we are conducting an experiment in studying crypto-economics.

7. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

This is only the first step in our educational program. The target audience is under-age pupils. The book takes into consideration all age-sensitive for children of this age range. In the future we are planning to issue two more books for secondary and high school students. These books will become progressively more complex, but take into account the age-sensitive. Thus, the basic pedagogical paradigm of continuity of education from primary age to high school and students will be implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Thanks for the comment. Yes, a series of animated educational films for children, based on the material of these books is in the development.

9. Arthyron

Arthyron Active Member

Ok, a continuity of education at various age ranges makes sense. So what's the ultimate goal of educating children at these various age ranges? What do you want them to do with this knowledge from age-range to age-range?

10. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

I will try to formulate briefly.
    The first stage (age of children 7-12 years) - introduction to the technology of blockchain, bitcoin, and alternative currencies. Introduction to DASH. Formation of a primary understanding of digital assets.
    The second stage (age of children 13-15 years) is the study of the main functions of cryptocurrencies, the advantages of using them over fiat money and the banking system. Acquiring practical experience in using wallets and making transactions.
    The third stage (age of children 16-17 years) is the study of the organization of cryptoeconomics, the possibility of creating blockchain projects, the use of smart contracts, investment and user literacy

• Like Like x 1
  11. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

How would you measure the outcome, to decide if the program was effective/successful?

12. jeremy54

jeremy54 New Member

13. George Donnelly

George Donnelly Active Member

Dash Address:
    XkTfpGLd4hGEHggKWwaWDGqUmoWB5Nguw2
    This is an interesting idea. I am a writer/author and fluent in both English and Spanish. Let me know if you need any help.

14. Blackdash

Blackdash New Member

Hey Guys! Are you kidding? Do you actually think we need spend money to fantom projects like this while Dash Community has demands in effective ones which can be estimated in Dash Wallets and a number of merchants accepting Dash.? No, I am sure you don’t. We have been discussing it for the latest several months! And here it is! This Proposal seems to demonstrate somewhat PR action being useless like a plane with Dash sticker!!!! This is wired!!!!! Don’t spend the Treasury for this!

15. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Since this program is unlikely to be included in the basic course but will be exclusively optional, the evaluation of the success will be the indicator of how many children and their parents will choose it for study.

16. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Thanks for the support.

17. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Thanks for the support. Once we manage to implement the project in Russian, we will endeavor to find support in other countries. Your help in this project can be useful to us.

18. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Now, you are talking about short-term indicators. Yes, they are simple and clear, such as the number of wallets installed by people or the number of DASH transactions. This will certainly help DASH to win in competition with other cryptocurrencies. But we are talking about a project that DASH needs to compete with banks and other financial institutions. Only if we can be implemented in the education system, we will become clear to others. And we are not talking about a single country. The implementation of DASH in educational projects around the world, these initiatives will serve DASH not only here and now but also in the future. You're asking what good would that do? This will give a new generation of people who will treat DASH not with mistrust and skepticism but as an ordinary simple and clear means of payment.

19. Ekeliett

Ekeliett New Member

Friends, I specifically registered to express my opinion. Now we see that most of the budget proposals are approved. The Dash Tresures already suffers a deficit in order to sponsor all comers. To ensure that such a cool opportunity for the development of Dash did not go to waste, you need to take a more detailed and careful approach to budget proposals. We need to become Dash a digital cash today, and not after 10-20 years, when the race is over

20. noobtrader

noobtrader Active Member

I'm very sorry but i dont think Dash should fund these kind of proposal, it has no clear goal and there is no clear benefit in short or medium term. I think these proposal only worth it if Dash was bigger and a recognizable brand.

giving these fund to help refugee would be better, as it will give us more high ground and most refugee will need cryptocurrency to move their money.

21. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Thanks for the comment. You know, this is a dispute of two views and two positions. Someone thinks about what is now, and someone thinks about what may happen in the future. It is unlikely that we will be able to get the right answer, everyone will stay at his opinion. But if you do not develop education, maybe in a year or two, when millions of people make wrong investments in cryptocurrencies once again and lose all their money, we will hear everywhere that cryptocurrency is a "bubble" that nobody should trust. Someone assured people that buying a cryptocurrency, doing nothing you will become rich. Our book and training are just about the cryptocurrency is the most fair and the most honest way of payment, without intermediaries, without commissions. And can people with this knowledge begin to perceive cryptocurrencies in different way?
    In any case, thanks for your opinion.

22. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Thank you for your opinion. It is very difficult to say that education or help to refugees will have a greater effect. Some people see it this way, others in different one. We ask community to find the path of development by voting and take any decision with understanding. This is just our opinion and it seems to us be right and logical. I know that banks in my country are constantly coming to school and conducting economic classes giving books to children and explaining what role it can play in the future. This seemed to me and my team the right alternative. We often hear (not from people who deal with cryptocurrencies), but from newspapers and TV that cryptocurrencies are a "bubble", that this is a deception, etc. What will become an alternative to this opinion? Only an educated person can make the right choice, but uneducated one will repeat as a spell - it's a bubble, it's a bubble, it's a bubble. Because it is easy for uneducated person to be assured of anything.

23. superkimb

superkimb New Member

Hello! As an education student I say it is an excellent project, mainly because of the stage of development that you are approaching that stage is ideal to strengthen knowledge, but you should complement them with a practical phase since most children in this age are more interested in didactic activities that static activities.

Good luck! ;)

24. noobtrader

noobtrader Active Member

yea i know bank usually goes to the school and do that because they are bigger and a recognizable brand compared Dash.

25. Marco Canelon

Marco Canelon Member

Hello Ikeaman,

Printing Book is always the the most confortable way to learn a new topic. However, for the new generation you could mix, digital content and book.

I would be glad to help you if you need it, since in Venezuela I know a printing company (one of the biggest of Venezuela) that last week start accepting Dash as a payment method. They have already printed some content for Dash community for the Cripto-Latin Fest

Best Regards
    Marco Canelon.

26. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Perhaps you are right. Then we will direct our efforts to form a powerful brand - DASH. And we will proceed to education in the next stages.

27. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Thank you, Marco. We will remember this.

28. chuka

chuka New Member

hi @ikeaman, my name is Victor Molina from Dash Maracaibo team in Venezuela, i am reading some pre-proposals right now just to learn what is people doing for dash and what is dash doing to people, for me an educational book for children based on information like that seems pretty good for me, but do you have any video at least in English? :D not everybody here understands russian my friend, anyways, cheers dood.

29. ikeaman

ikeaman Member

Hey. I think you just did not include English subtitles in the video. Do this and much will become clearer.