• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal : Educational program and book for children 7-14 years old (5000 books)

Should DASH participate in educational programs and do we need a book for children 7-14 years old?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

ikeaman

Hello, DASH-community. "Territory of DASH" has completed the development of an educational program for children aged 7-12.
We pay special attention to educational projects that allow students learn more about blokchain technology, crypto-currencies, learn more about DASH.
We conducted the first lesson in crypto-economics at the Belarusian school.
We became partners of the economic festival of schoolchildren and students "The Ladder of Success".

Our representative is giving lectures on the blockade and DASH at the MIRBIS Business School and the Belarusian National Technical University.

http://digitalmirbis.ru/

Our proposal is a book for children 7-12 years old:

1. The book will be published under the guidance of DASH

2. DASH will be stated as the partner and there will be a reference to dash.org

3. One of the chapters will be dedicated to DASH

4. One of the heroines of the book will be the girl DASHa (Russian female name Dasha)

5. DASH have the ability to print the given book in the needed quantity for non-commercial use.

How can we use this book?
The first edition will be in Russian (however, if necessary, we will be able to translate this book into any language). We plan to transfer this book to students of Belarusian and Russian schools who will cooperate with us in the framework of the educational project on studying blokchain and crypto-currencies.

How much does it cost?

5000 Examplars - $ 13.000 (33 DASH)
Refund of collateral - 5 DASH

Total: 38 DASH

Please express your opinion in the comments. It is important for us to know what you think about it.

Last edited:
Friends, your comments are very necessary to understand how much this idea is needed and useful for DASH.

It comes down to the quality of your work. I'm not sure the english translation is doing you justice, or whether the book has actually explained things clearly enough. I think you should produce the book in general crypto terms and come back with proof of sales and education endorsements.

I'm curious about the utility of teaching such young people about cryptocurrency when the ability to obtain and use it is very difficult for that age group. Certainly it will probably be an important technology in years to come and it helps young people to be able to familiarize themselves when they're younger so that they can be well-equipped to enter the tech field when the time comes, but I'm just not sure how much use these books would see except maybe in households where the parents are very interested in cryptocurrency. Do you have any information about the popularity of cryptocurrency in families with small children?

It comes down to the quality of your work. I'm not sure the english translation is doing you justice, or whether the book has actually explained things clearly enough. I think you should produce the book in general crypto terms and come back with proof of sales and education endorsements.
Perhaps you haven’t fully understood. These slides are not a book, it's just a presentation of the book. We can’t publish the materials of the book before receiving the certificate of authorship. Nevertheless, if the slides mislead you, we will remove them and redo the presentation. With regard to the content, we tried to explain the basic concepts in a language children understand and using understandable characters, taking into account the children’s age. What is blockchain? What is bitcoin? What are alternative currencies? What is mining? What is DASH? We do not plan commercial sales. Our team is participating in educational projects in the CIS countries and starting from September 2018 we will continue our activity in this direction. We have conducted the first lessons of crypto-economics in the schools of Belarus, taken part in the pupils and students’ economic festival. In September these books will be given to Belarusian primary school children in those schools where we are conducting an experiment in studying crypto-economics.

I'm curious about the utility of teaching such young people about cryptocurrency when the ability to obtain and use it is very difficult for that age group. Certainly it will probably be an important technology in years to come and it helps young people to be able to familiarize themselves when they're younger so that they can be well-equipped to enter the tech field when the time comes, but I'm just not sure how much use these books would see except maybe in households where the parents are very interested in cryptocurrency. Do you have any information about the popularity of cryptocurrency in families with small children?
This is only the first step in our educational program. The target audience is under-age pupils. The book takes into consideration all age-sensitive for children of this age range. In the future we are planning to issue two more books for secondary and high school students. These books will become progressively more complex, but take into account the age-sensitive. Thus, the basic pedagogical paradigm of continuity of education from primary age to high school and students will be implemented.

This is only the first step in our educational program. The target audience is under-age pupils. The book takes into consideration all age-sensitive for children of this age range. In the future we are planning to issue two more books for secondary and high school students. These books will become progressively more complex, but take into account the age-sensitive. Thus, the basic pedagogical paradigm of continuity of education from primary age to high school and students will be implemented.

Ok, a continuity of education at various age ranges makes sense. So what's the ultimate goal of educating children at these various age ranges? What do you want them to do with this knowledge from age-range to age-range?

Ok, a continuity of education at various age ranges makes sense. So what's the ultimate goal of educating children at these various age ranges? What do you want them to do with this knowledge from age-range to age-range?
I will try to formulate briefly.
The first stage (age of children 7-12 years) - introduction to the technology of blockchain, bitcoin, and alternative currencies. Introduction to DASH. Formation of a primary understanding of digital assets.
The second stage (age of children 13-15 years) is the study of the main functions of cryptocurrencies, the advantages of using them over fiat money and the banking system. Acquiring practical experience in using wallets and making transactions.
The third stage (age of children 16-17 years) is the study of the organization of cryptoeconomics, the possibility of creating blockchain projects, the use of smart contracts, investment and user literacy

Hey Guys! Are you kidding? Do you actually think we need spend money to fantom projects like this while Dash Community has demands in effective ones which can be estimated in Dash Wallets and a number of merchants accepting Dash.? No, I am sure you don’t. We have been discussing it for the latest several months! And here it is! This Proposal seems to demonstrate somewhat PR action being useless like a plane with Dash sticker!!!! This is wired!!!!! Don’t spend the Treasury for this!

How would you measure the outcome, to decide if the program was effective/successful?
Since this program is unlikely to be included in the basic course but will be exclusively optional, the evaluation of the success will be the indicator of how many children and their parents will choose it for study.

This is an interesting idea. I am a writer/author and fluent in both English and Spanish. Let me know if you need any help.
Thanks for the support. Once we manage to implement the project in Russian, we will endeavor to find support in other countries. Your help in this project can be useful to us.

Hey Guys! Are you kidding? Do you actually think we need spend money to fantom projects like this while Dash Community has demands in effective ones which can be estimated in Dash Wallets and a number of merchants accepting Dash.? No, I am sure you don’t. We have been discussing it for the latest several months! And here it is! This Proposal seems to demonstrate somewhat PR action being useless like a plane with Dash sticker!!!! This is wired!!!!! Don’t spend the Treasury for this!
Now, you are talking about short-term indicators. Yes, they are simple and clear, such as the number of wallets installed by people or the number of DASH transactions. This will certainly help DASH to win in competition with other cryptocurrencies. But we are talking about a project that DASH needs to compete with banks and other financial institutions. Only if we can be implemented in the education system, we will become clear to others. And we are not talking about a single country. The implementation of DASH in educational projects around the world, these initiatives will serve DASH not only here and now but also in the future. You're asking what good would that do? This will give a new generation of people who will treat DASH not with mistrust and skepticism but as an ordinary simple and clear means of payment.

Friends, I specifically registered to express my opinion. Now we see that most of the budget proposals are approved. The Dash Tresures already suffers a deficit in order to sponsor all comers. To ensure that such a cool opportunity for the development of Dash did not go to waste, you need to take a more detailed and careful approach to budget proposals. We need to become Dash a digital cash today, and not after 10-20 years, when the race is over

I'm very sorry but i dont think Dash should fund these kind of proposal, it has no clear goal and there is no clear benefit in short or medium term. I think these proposal only worth it if Dash was bigger and a recognizable brand.

giving these fund to help refugee would be better, as it will give us more high ground and most refugee will need cryptocurrency to move their money.

Back