• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre - Proposal: Dash YouTube Ad Campaign (first commercial finished!)

You guys are awesome artists and I [emoji173]️ this [emoji362] ! In fact I watched it four times just to really take it all in. This brings me to my only constructive criticism. The first 10 seconds of it go by way too fast. It is just too hard to take it all in. The last five seconds don't seem to need to be that slow. In other words I think you can get away with stretching out the first 10 seconds to 12 seconds and letting the last five with Jess –.org et al take the last three [emoji74]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey! No worries, I understood :) Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated!

The dash community has an abundance of resources to help newbies, but it isn't drawing people in as fast as it could. This is exactly what dash needed.

I find it disturbing how people are willing to throw so much money away towards an underdeveloped basic marking campaign that is set up for failure. You are asking for 60 DASH for this short 12 second animation. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Please read this post and let me explain why this is so.

A bit about myself before we begin looking at some statistics and figures:
  • Previously studied 2D and 3D animation techniques.
  • Established artist that designs and sells textures as a hobby. My work has been viewed over 300,000 times in the past year.
  • Experience in the analysis of advertising, art, cinematography, graphic design, photography, poetry, and other literature.
  • Currently studying a bachelors degree and recognized as a high academic achiever.
  • Experience with and familiar with the google advertising platform.
Statistics and Figures
"The average cost for YouTube ads per thousand views ranges from ranges from $10-$30 per thousand" (360 Degree Marketing. 2015)
Source: http://www.360degreemarketing.com.au/Blog/bid/402317/How-Much-Do-YouTube-Ads-Cost

You are asking for 52.778 dash (total requested - proposal fee). This is currently equivalent to $4,978 USD. You said you would get 30,000 views for this amount which equates to $166 USD per 1,000 views (4978 / 30 = 165.93). Assuming a cost of $10 per thousand views you are overcharging $156 USD per 1,000 views (166 - 10). This means you are overcharging by $4980 USD in total (166 * 30). Google also offers some free advertising credit for new businesses which would further reduce your costs and increase your profit.

If your ad is determined to be poor quality you will have to pay more per 1,000 views. As less people interact with your ad, the cost to run it will go up. This make it even more unprofitable, which would mean less people would see the ad.

Analysis of Marketing Campaign
You said that your "team" worked on this for the last couple of weeks. You are over representing how much time it took you to create the short animation. The animation is extremely basic and would not catch the attention of any potential investors.

"The advert is designed to run in line before YouTube videos. It is 15 seconds long. There is a compelling hook (the Bitcoin logo being crushed) in the first 5 seconds, so we expect that a large percentage of people will let the ad run longer to see the outcome. The second part of the advertisement points the viewer to the Dash.org website for more information."

The bitcoin logo being crushed is in no way a compelling hook. Many investors have some of their assets in Bitcoin and would not like to see it crash. The Dash logo crushing the Bitcoin logo is simple childish act that would deter people from viewing the rest of the advertisement. This would also create a negative view of Dash.

If you want to advertise Dash you would have more luck paying an established advertising agency. Google advertising is one of the most expensive and ineffective ways to gain potential investors.

I understand the idea, but I don't really like mentioning Bitcoin in a negative way.
I would like more if it was just about Dash and its strengths.

youtube cost.PNG
I find it disturbing how people are willing to throw so much money away towards an underdeveloped basic marking campaign that is set up for failure. You are asking for 60 DASH for this short 12 second animation. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Please read this post and let me explain why this is so.

A bit about myself before we begin looking at some statistics and figures:
  • Established artist that designs and sells textures as a hobby. My work has been viewed over 300,000 times in the past year.
  • Experience in the analysis of advertising, art, cinematography, graphic design, photography, poetry, and other literature.
  • Currently studying a bachelors degree and recognized as a high academic achiever.
  • Experience with and familiar with the google advertising platform.
Statistics and Figures
"The average cost for YouTube ads per thousand views ranges from ranges from $10-$30 per thousand" (360 Degree Marketing. 2015)
Source: http://www.360degreemarketing.com.au/Blog/bid/402317/How-Much-Do-YouTube-Ads-Cost

You are asking for 52.778 dash (total requested - proposal fee). This is currently equivalent to $4,978 USD. You said you would get 30,000 views for this amount which equates to $166 USD per 1,000 views (4978 / 30 = 165.93). Assuming a cost of $10 per thousand views you are overcharging $156 USD per 1,000 views (166 - 10). This means you are overcharging by $4980 USD in total (166 * 30). Google also offers some free advertising credit for new businesses which would further reduce your costs and increase your profit.

If your ad is determined to be poor quality you will have to pay more per 1,000 views. As less people interact with your ad, the cost to run it will go up. This make it even more unprofitable, which would mean less people would see the ad.

Analysis of Marketing Campaign
You said that your "team" worked on this for the last couple of weeks. You are over representing how much time it took you to create the short animation. The animation is extremely basic and would not catch the attention of any potential investors.

"The advert is designed to run in line before YouTube videos. It is 15 seconds long. There is a compelling hook (the Bitcoin logo being crushed) in the first 5 seconds, so we expect that a large percentage of people will let the ad run longer to see the outcome. The second part of the advertisement points the viewer to the Dash.org website for more information."

The bitcoin logo being crushed is in no way a compelling hook. Many investors have some of their assets in Bitcoin and would not like to see it crash. The Dash logo crushing the Bitcoin logo is simple childish act that would deter people from viewing the rest of the advertisement. This would also create a negative view of Dash.

If you want to advertise Dash you would have more luck paying an established advertising agency. Google advertising is one of the most expensive and ineffective ways to gain potential investors.

Hi Keitsu

Thank you for the comment, it is appreciated.

YouTube cost: We got the cost directly from YouTube and not from a third party. Please click here: https://www.youtube.com/yt/advertise/en-GB/

You wil see a slider on the page, slide it to $50. You will see that it gives 1000 views. I paste a screen shot of the page here so you can see.

If you read our proposal, you will see that we said “We aim to have 1000 views per day for 30 days.” Obviously if we can get more than a 1000 views per day for the $50 per day, it would be a bargain, and we will take it. But the proposal as is stands at the moment means we will pay the full $1,500.00 over to YouTube for a minimum of 1000 views per day for 30 days.

As for the rest of your comment, please be assured that we take all comments seriously, we will discuss all of them and change our final proposal accordingly.

Regards

bielie

Last edited:
stupid.
the crypto world, for now our biggest target audience, we sometimes communicate we are juvenile trolls enjoying the btc drama and rubbing salt into their wounds. which makes us look like fools. it certainly doesn't attract diversification investments.

I like the effort, but I am inclined to agree with @Keitsu. I do not think that the Dash network should be paying for an advert that positions Dash directly at odds with Bitcoin, and I think we could get higher quality and more value paying a more established ad agency.

Crowd sourcing videos and engagement are more effective than advertisements nowadays. If your proposal included crowd-sourced social media, I'd be in favor, but just as it is, I'm not too impressed by the aggressive tone of the "advertisement"

stupid.
the crypto world, for now our biggest target audience, we sometimes communicate we are juvenile trolls enjoying the btc drama and rubbing salt into their wounds. which makes us look like fools. it certainly doesn't attract diversification investments.
Exactly. Drawing eyeballs just to make them cringe and run away doesn't help us.

I'd support throwing tons if money at this if we already had DashDrive, normie interface, and IX were fixed... But, we've gone years with no progress, and other coins have advanced far beyond DASH with DASH's own ideas... Too much time wasted being worshiped by yes men instead of prioritizing and getting work done.

Today is definitely not the time for spending money on a normie-targeted ad campaign. I'd love to blow a mil a month on something like this, but the timing is wrong, and after screwing up so much for so long, I doubt it will ever come.

"A bit about myself before we begin looking at some statistics and figures:
  • Experience with and familiar with the google advertising platform."
Is everyone losing it because of this clown? @Keitsu, Minecraft texture packs don't make you an "established artist". People, this furry and "derp" is a phony. He talks himself to the moon, but the only real achievement (if it can be called an achievement) that I can find is that he once made a Minecraft texture pack. Do you people always just accept the claims of the first rude, and pathetically arrogant person that appears?

As for the salaries. I surprisingly agree with the fool. I'd back you if you perhaps provided a log of some sort. Or at least explained the steps you took.

I'm all for harsh criticism, but at least give some valid points people. It seems like 90% of you didn't even read/watch the proposals, and the remaining 10% didn't bother asking questions, before assuming the worst.

Is everyone losing it because of this clown? @Keitsu, Minecraft texture packs don't make you an "established artist". People, this furry and "derp" is a phony. He talks himself to the moon, but the only real achievement (if it can be called an achievement) that I can find is that he once made a Minecraft texture pack. Do you people always just accept the claims of the first rude, and pathetically arrogant person that appears?

As for the salaries. I surprisingly agree with the fool. I'd back you if you perhaps provided a log of some sort. Or at least explained the steps you took.

I'm all for harsh criticism, but at least give some valid points people. It seems like 90% of you didn't even read/watch the proposals, and the remaining 10% didn't bother asking questions, before assuming the worst.
I'm sorry. I forgot to mention as a young child I studied circus arts. So yes, I am a clown :)

Hey mate, I think you a bit off topic.
B4p9uE4CQAET5_M.jpg
Salty about what? xD You're the one that made a fool of yourself? Out of respect for everyone else here, I'm going to end it here. I'd encourage you to grow a sack and at least try prove your legitimacy instead of all the nonsense talking you seem to be fond of. And to the OP. Here. Proof that @Keitsu is a just a sad troll. Let him rot in his sorrow, and carry on with your project. All the best!

Guys can we please keep the discussion civil. We are not here to tease anyone over what they do in their free time.

@hatlaatcha With regards to costings, if the masternode operators go so far as to ask, we can go more into detail with future proposals when it comes to hours logged et cetera. The fees we feel are reasonable to charge is at our discretion as independent artists.

Back