Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Pre - Proposal: Dash YouTube Ad Campaign (first commercial finished!)

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by Thomas - Eralith, May 17, 2017.

1. Thomas - Eralith

Thomas - Eralith New Member

Update: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/update-pre-proposal-for-youtube-advertising-campaign.14993/

Dash Ad Campaign on YouTube
    Hey Dash community!

My team and I have been working for the last couple of weeks to bring you this short commercial. The first link below is to the commercial itself, and the second link is to the proposal pdf document. The third link is a video proposal.

Proposal PDF Document Link - 2: http://docdro.id/OkydGKj

Commercial Link - 1:

Video Proposal Link - 3:

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

The Proposal

Pre-Proposal: YouTube DASH advertising campaign, 1000 views per day for 30 days.

Amount: 60 Dash

Time: One month (one payment)​

1) Who we are

Eralith Studios is a brand new startup advertising studio in Cape Town, South Africa. When we found the Dash DAO, we realized that this was the ideal opportunity for us to found our own studio, while strengthening the Dash that we had. We made this first advertisement as a showcase of what we can do, and hope to sell it to the Dash DAO as our first completed project​
    • Pieter Louw is a 3D computer animator with 6 years of experience. He spent the last three years freelancing in the advertising industry.
    His latest demo reel is here :

Please refer to the description below the video for Pieter's contribution to each clip. An older demo reel is here:
    • Thomas du Plessis is a final year animation student at the Animation School in Cape Town. His latest animation project won second prize for the best student character animator at the Cape Town International Animation Festival in 2017.
    His demo reel is here:
    • Charl du Plessis is a Chartered Accountant (SA) with over 30 years business experience.
    Lastly, Cape Town is the media industry hub of Africa with a large community of highly skilled freelance artists, animators and filmographers from which freelance workers may be drawn at very competitive prices.​

We are invested in Dash.​

2) The ad campaign
    • Target audience
    Our target audience are people who are new to Bitcoin, but are not aware that there is an alternative to Bitcoin available with much better features that will ensure its long term usability and growth.
    Cryptocurrencies in general and Bitcoin in particular have experienced a massive bull run in the last few months, with the total market cap exceeding 50 billion US dollars. Despite the growth of altcoins, Bitcoin still has a more than 50% market share. The reason is not that Bitcoin has superior technology, features or advantages, but simply its first mover network effect. When better informed, a significant percentage of new Bitcoin users should migrate to Dash.​
    • The message
    The message of the advert is simple: Bitcoin lacks private and instant transactions. Dash provides these and is therefore superior. The advert ends with the words, “Dash is Digital Cash. Dash.org.”​
    • The format
    The advert is designed to run in line before YouTube videos. It is 15 seconds long. There is a compelling hook (the Bitcoin logo being crushed) in the first 5 seconds, so we expect that a large percentage of people will let the ad run longer to see the outcome. The second part of the advertisement points the viewer to the Dash.org website for more information.​
    • The YouTube campaign.
    The ad will run in line before YouTube videos. It will only be served to viewers who have been watching videos on Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. We aim to have 1000 views per day for 30 days. We will evaluate the YouTube analytics of this camapaign to see if more views per day would be appropriate or not for future campaigns.​

3) Budget

Expenses
    Proposal costs - 5 DASH
    YouTube fees - 16.667 DASH
    Overheads - 1.111 Dash
    Artists Salaries - 30 DASH​
    Admin Salaries - 5 DASH​

Total - 57.778 DASH

Please refer to the following link regarding the average salary of 3D animation artists:
    http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Industry=3d_Animation/Hourly_Rate

4) Reports

We will post a weekly report on the Dash.org forum until one week after the end of the campaign.​

5) Future projects

We hope to forge a lasting relationship with the Dash DAO as one of its main advertising agents.​

Our biggest strength is character animation, and we would like to produce ads that focus on characters. However, we are not limited to one medium of video advertisements. As mentioned before, we have direct access to a large group of freelance artists and studio services in Cape Town, and will be able to produce work in any medium needed.​

If this campaign is successful, we will use the bulk of our income from it as capital to start on the next project.

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

Pieter and Thomas

#1 Thomas - Eralith, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MrGold

MrGold New Member

This is fantastic. Please submit this proposal and make sure to account for the recent drop in Dash price (I hope you can help right that wrong!)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thomas - Eralith

Thank you very much! We definitely hope to right that!

4. bielie

bielie Member

Good to see this live after so many hours of hard work and litres of coffee! (I am with these guys who made the ad.)

5. ewok

ewok New Member

You will get my votes as I am curious to see the stats and outcomes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bielie

bielie Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. halso

halso Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Looks great.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

You have my votes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bielie

bielie Member

Appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ampp

ampp Member

I'm totally for a little targeted advertising but honestly i really don't like the video and it needs to get redone. You are here for feedback so i'll give as much as possible.

So my initial viewing, while i was reading "private", then "instant" replaced its location so i really did not comprehend anything as the text is not easy to read. All the superbold 3d aspects seem 1998 cheesy to me.

So if we are targeting bitcoin users, private does not mean much. Some consider bitcoin private? What about instant? Well bitcoin is more instant than banks. Instant is better when comparing to USD. Also 2 seconds showing bitcoin is probably too much. It's useful to catch someone's eye.

I would probably drop dash onto bitcoin. Then in the center, flash dash "has" .. instant send, private send, a treasury.. dash "solves" governance dash "pays" 50+ individuals/developers? then click to learn more at the end.

Also do you plan to do a lot of exclusions on youtube to filter out unwanted ad placement?

• Like Like x 1
  11. bielie

bielie Member

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated!

What do the others think?

#11 bielie, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  12. bielie

bielie Member

As far as the exclusions are concerned, we plan to target the ad as surgically precise as YouTube will allow us.

13. Dima

Dima New Member

Great job guys!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thomas - Eralith

Thanks!

15. Acedian

Acedian Member

Dash Address:
    XrSKdu9aFahGwkYQHbTH6jBn6zoLnZmMp3
  16. bielie

bielie Member

Appreciated!

17. Thomas - Eralith

@ampp thank you very much for the comment. We appreciate your feedback, and will try get as much out of it as possible.

18. studioz

studioz Well-known Member

you got my support ~!!!! love the idea ! in future proposals lets make it international as well the same videos , Brazil in my case ! thank you

19. TheBigCat

TheBigCat Member

You guys are awesome artists and I ️ this ! In fact I watched it four times just to really take it all in. This brings me to my only constructive criticism. The first 10 seconds of it go by way too fast. It is just too hard to take it all in. The last five seconds don't seem to need to be that slow. In other words I think you can get away with stretching out the first 10 seconds to 12 seconds and letting the last five with Jess –.org et al take the last three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. TheBigCat

TheBigCat Member

Ps: using voice to text turned the word "Dash" into the punctuation mark (-). Sorry for any confusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Thomas - Eralith

Hey! No worries, I understood :) Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated!

22. Halaatcha

Halaatcha New Member

This is great! Well done guys.

23. Halaatcha

Halaatcha New Member

The dash community has an abundance of resources to help newbies, but it isn't drawing people in as fast as it could. This is exactly what dash needed.

24. Thomas - Eralith

Thank you very much!

25. Keitsu

Keitsu Guest

I find it disturbing how people are willing to throw so much money away towards an underdeveloped basic marking campaign that is set up for failure. You are asking for 60 DASH for this short 12 second animation. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Please read this post and let me explain why this is so.

A bit about myself before we begin looking at some statistics and figures:
    • Previously studied 2D and 3D animation techniques.
    • Established artist that designs and sells textures as a hobby. My work has been viewed over 300,000 times in the past year.
    • Experience in the analysis of advertising, art, cinematography, graphic design, photography, poetry, and other literature.
    • Currently studying a bachelors degree and recognized as a high academic achiever.
    • Experience with and familiar with the google advertising platform.
    Statistics and Figures
    "The average cost for YouTube ads per thousand views ranges from ranges from $10-$30 per thousand" (360 Degree Marketing. 2015)
    Source: http://www.360degreemarketing.com.au/Blog/bid/402317/How-Much-Do-YouTube-Ads-Cost

You are asking for 52.778 dash (total requested - proposal fee). This is currently equivalent to $4,978 USD. You said you would get 30,000 views for this amount which equates to $166 USD per 1,000 views (4978 / 30 = 165.93). Assuming a cost of $10 per thousand views you are overcharging $156 USD per 1,000 views (166 - 10). This means you are overcharging by $4980 USD in total (166 * 30). Google also offers some free advertising credit for new businesses which would further reduce your costs and increase your profit.

If your ad is determined to be poor quality you will have to pay more per 1,000 views. As less people interact with your ad, the cost to run it will go up. This make it even more unprofitable, which would mean less people would see the ad.

Analysis of Marketing Campaign
    You said that your "team" worked on this for the last couple of weeks. You are over representing how much time it took you to create the short animation. The animation is extremely basic and would not catch the attention of any potential investors.

"The advert is designed to run in line before YouTube videos. It is 15 seconds long. There is a compelling hook (the Bitcoin logo being crushed) in the first 5 seconds, so we expect that a large percentage of people will let the ad run longer to see the outcome. The second part of the advertisement points the viewer to the Dash.org website for more information."

The bitcoin logo being crushed is in no way a compelling hook. Many investors have some of their assets in Bitcoin and would not like to see it crash. The Dash logo crushing the Bitcoin logo is simple childish act that would deter people from viewing the rest of the advertisement. This would also create a negative view of Dash.

If you want to advertise Dash you would have more luck paying an established advertising agency. Google advertising is one of the most expensive and ineffective ways to gain potential investors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  26. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member

I wonder if we can storyboard what we want and then have a few people bid for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  27. Dandy

Dandy Member

I understand the idea, but I don't really like mentioning Bitcoin in a negative way.
    I would like more if it was just about Dash and its strengths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. bielie

bielie Member

youtube cost.PNG
    Hi Keitsu

Thank you for the comment, it is appreciated.

YouTube cost: We got the cost directly from YouTube and not from a third party. Please click here: https://www.youtube.com/yt/advertise/en-GB/

You wil see a slider on the page, slide it to $50. You will see that it gives 1000 views. I paste a screen shot of the page here so you can see.

If you read our proposal, you will see that we said “We aim to have 1000 views per day for 30 days.” Obviously if we can get more than a 1000 views per day for the $50 per day, it would be a bargain, and we will take it. But the proposal as is stands at the moment means we will pay the full $1,500.00 over to YouTube for a minimum of 1000 views per day for 30 days.

As for the rest of your comment, please be assured that we take all comments seriously, we will discuss all of them and change our final proposal accordingly.

Regards

bielie

#28 bielie, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  29. Vedran Yoweri

Vedran Yoweri Active Member

stupid.
    the crypto world, for now our biggest target audience, we sometimes communicate we are juvenile trolls enjoying the btc drama and rubbing salt into their wounds. which makes us look like fools. it certainly doesn't attract diversification investments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. TroyDASH

TroyDASH Well-known Member

I like the effort, but I am inclined to agree with @Keitsu. I do not think that the Dash network should be paying for an advert that positions Dash directly at odds with Bitcoin, and I think we could get higher quality and more value paying a more established ad agency.

• Agree Agree x 1