Pre-proposal: Dash Wallet for Android - Maintenance and Support

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
hashengineeringsolutions.com
Once the fee's are lowered on the Dash Network, we will issue an update for Dash Wallet to lower the fees in the app.

We will consider making a change to the user interface to put the QR code for the next address on the main screen.

Dashmaximalist

Mar 16, 2017
maptags.in
yes please right now its incredibly difficult to copy and paste your own address and send it to others , look at much simpler UX in jaxx wallet ..

Dashmaximalist

Mar 16, 2017
maptags.in
Once the fee's are lowered on the Dash Network, we will issue an update for Dash Wallet to lower the fees in the app.

We will consider making a change to the user interface to put the QR code for the next address on the main screen.
12.2 locked and loaded , waiting for your update to the App so we are fully ready for our marketing with the lowest fees on the market

Dashmaximalist

Mar 16, 2017
maptags.in
Can we include mesh network in the Android app which could work in a crisis sort of situation given the fact that the data requirements are low mesh networks can help ... This is a future proof concept which we can market

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
I think the idea of the mesh network is that various android phones could connect to each other directly (not via the internet which will require mobile data), though at least one will need to connect to the internet to get information from the dash network.

There are many reasons why this will be difficult.
1. The app, to reduce data usage, uses Bloom Filters which means that it only receives data relevant to the addresses in its own wallet. Any other devices connected to this device wouldn't be able to receive any coins. They could send, though.
2. This relates to #1. The app is not a service node and does not keep the blockchain on the device and it does not answer requests from other nodes for block and transaction data, nor does it support bloom filters to devices requesting them.

One way to sort of support the benefit of the mesh network is to have in a particular area, one user who can have a WiFi hotspot on his device that others can connect to or the area has its own internet connection and a WIFI channel. There needs to be a way to connect to the internet to so the miners can mine sent transactions and confirm them.

Dashmaximalist

Mar 16, 2017
maptags.in
i am very glad that you replied to this point .

The big reason to have mesh network just as a back-up is to give people confidence that things will indeed work when say they lose the network or something , while the shopkeeper still has access to the internet. Mesh networks are developing rapidly and with increasing internet censorship happening across the world mesh network can provide that resilience.

you also know that soon dash blockchain will soon be broadcast over satellites ,so having the mesh network as a back-up creates this invincibility for dash users from state oppression sort of thing

hope this make sense

Dashmaximalist

Mar 16, 2017
maptags.in
Thats fine , but we need proper mesh network design , for example once the app doesn't see internet , ask whether users want to move to a mesh network , think how https://www.opengarden.com/firechat.html works, they shut down internet even in a developed country like hongkong recently , i am pretty sure they can do this any where

so we need to make dash Govt Proof ,thats not a nice to have , it's a necessary feature

Dandy

Mar 1, 2017
Belgrade, Serbia
Oh. You mean a PIN as a password for starting the app.
Hm... I guess it could be added, but you can already set the pin for sending and I hope you have some sort of security on your phone already, so not everyone can unlock it and start the app.

AlejandroE

Dec 3, 2017
Caracas, Venezuela
Hello, Im new at the Dash forum, Im from Venezuela. I saw on dashcentral that your proposal was accepted, congratulations! The reason this post called my attention is because of the "support" issue. Here at Caracas (Venezuela) there are a team that are doing a great job doing conferences with the main objective of adoption of DASH. Now, the problem is that they are having such a big (and increasily) demanda that I think they will run out of capacity. There are a lot of people having many questions and since they are not having enough responses they forget about DASH and continue their lifes. This cant happen anymore, we need a total support team, at least in Venezuela (for beginning) and then continue growing for other countries. But I think its necessary since DASH is gaining atraction from people of all ages and social strates. We need to keep them. What do you guys think? I would apreciate your valuable opinion!

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
Great stuff , also can you add a pin on top of the app like the blockchain guys https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=piuk.blockchain.android
This update will support the lower fee (it will also support an option for zero fees - it is there for testing, not sure how well it will work):
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v5.17.2

This app currently supports a PIN that encrypts the wallet (private keys) and is required for spending or viewing the recovery phrase. We have no plans to require a PIN to open the app.

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
Hello, I'm new at the Dash forum. I'm from Venezuela. I saw on dash central that your proposal was accepted, congratulations! The reason this post called my attention is because of the "support" issue. Here in Caracas (Venezuela), there is a team that are doing a great job doing conferences with the main objective of adoption of DASH. Now, the problem is that they are having such a big (and increasing) demands that I think they will run out of capacity. There are a lot of people having many questions and since they are not having enough response they forget about DASH and continue their lives. This can't happen anymore. We need a total support team, at least in Venezuela (for beginning) and then continue growing for other countries. I think its necessary since DASH is gaining attraction from people of all ages and social states. We need to keep them. What do you guys think? I would appreciate your valuable opinion!
My proposal was approved and it was a three month proposal that ended in August. It was only for the Support of the Dash Wallet android app which I develop. I am now a contractor for the Core Team and do the same (Technical support and development) of this app.

For your particular needs there are others in the Dash Community that work on the support that you are talking about.

AlejandroE

Dec 3, 2017
Caracas, Venezuela
My proposal was approved and it was a three month proposal that ended in August. It was only for the Support of the Dash Wallet android app which I develop. I am now a contractor for the Core Team and do the same (Technical support and development) of this app.

For your particular needs there are others in the Dash Community that work on the support that you are talking about.
Thanks for your kind reply! I will definitely do that. Future seems great for DASH but we cant let it alone, the DASH succeed depends on its community

TheSingleton

Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 27, 2017
Currently there are no plans of adding fingerprint touch to replace the PIN. If the Bitcoin Wallet app developers add it, then I will eventually add it in.
The TenX app has that feature and I find it quite convenient.