• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash Roadshow in Ghana, West Africa

@DashingDude

I'm sorry but I just can't justify any investment in these places. Africa isn't hot and there are much better opportunities elsewhere (i.e. USA, South Korea, Australia). They are often illiterate in their own language and have zero computer skills...to expect them to be able to transact in crypto, secure a wallet etc is just a big delusion.

The conversion cost is much higher too. It takes $100 to convert one African with an "on-the-ground" team as you said, when it might take $0.20 to convert someone in Australia with online advertising. There is just no comparison.
AFRICA is seen as a fertile land for cryptocurrencies because of economic mismanagement, eg Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Ghana etc. The west did not become literate in IT in a day, it takes time, hardworking men embarked on good courses and innovation that is what got the west where it is now, yes this did not come free, it came with a cost. I advocated Bitcoin for 3 years before i got involved with Dash, Bitcoin Jesus used to give us funds for projects just like this one, today if u speak to 5 Ghanaians, 2 out of them will be holding Bitcoin, we have more than necessary Bitcoin merchants and online traders in Ghana, our government and news papers talks about bitcoin and we have cryptocurrency financial institutions like hummanique into Ghana financial sector now doing banking and microfinancing in bitcoin and so many Blockchain projects coming up. This is what makes Bitcoin unstoppable in Ghana and Africa. We did what we are doing now for dash years ago for Bitcoin. If dash will succeed in Ghana and Africa, we must take the appropriate channel/strategy to making it happen. It is true in the west, people get convince with Youtube videos, but hey that dioesnt work much here compared to physical meetings. It is what it is, what makes u feel out of a 1000 Youtube viewers, 5 people will get involve with DASH? unless you want to conclude that Dash is not for Africa.

@DashingDude

I'm sorry but I just can't justify any investment in these places. Africa isn't hot and there are much better opportunities elsewhere (i.e. USA, South Korea, Australia). They are often illiterate in their own language and have zero computer skills...to expect them to be able to transact in crypto, secure a wallet etc is just a big delusion.

The conversion cost is much higher too. It takes $100 to convert one African with an "on-the-ground" team as you said, when it might take $0.20 to convert someone in Australia with online advertising. There is just no comparison.

@RGXDK I agree again... $100 to convert one African is simply way-too-much. And I agree that Dash is not-quite-ready yet to be adopted mainstream. But computer-literacy does not seem to be an issue to me... the Africans will use their smartphones for micro-transactions, and will be taught how to do so, and will teach their friends how to do so. M-pesa is already huge in Africa, meaning that people are already adopting digital currencies quickly, and familiar with transacting via phone. Please continue this friendly debate. Africa IS hot! See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-Pesa and https://dash.africa

Back