• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash Roadshow in Ghana, West Africa

Hi everyone, the roadshow is still ongoing for its first month and i had my TV discussion as stated in the proposal. The discussion was lovely and i am sharing the video for you to have a look. Last for the month is another conference of not less than 50 participants scheduled on the 11th November, 2017 at the Upper West Region of Ghana and i am done with the first region of the ROADSHOW. Check out the TV discussion.

@Mahamadu Salam

Voting NO. If you want to teach Dash, create a youtube video where you can reach thousands instead of 20 people per class. If your target audience isn't suitable for youtube videos, then they're not suitable for cryptocurrencies either.

@Mahamadu Salam

Voting NO. If you want to teach Dash, create a youtube video where you can reach thousands instead of 20 people per class. If your target audience isn't suitable for youtube videos, then they're not suitable for cryptocurrencies either.
Hi thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately, people only search or view youtube videos when they have an idea of what they are looking for, most of these people i reach out to either has never heard of cryptocurrency or thinks bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency. The African or Ghanaian community is not like that of the west where people make good use of the internet, even most university graduates here dont know how to look for information online.
Secondly, Ghanaians are scared of most things online that have to do with finances because of online fraud and all of this is lack of knowledge, they want to see and be able to refer to someone either as a beneficiary or for support services hence the need for physical meet ups/conferences. I write university student's project works for them and they pay me why? because they can't do basic research online for information. Unfortunately, all of these people are looking for opportunities to financial freedom. How do we offer them dash as an opportunity? Physically interact with them and get them to believe and accept dash using myself as an example and trust me, this works better here than 1000 Youtubes a day could do in the Ghanaian community. not only here but most African countries.

@Mahamadu Salam

Thanks for your reply and I am sorry to hear what you described. If your community doens't know how to look for information online then perhaps cryptocurrencies are not for them, at least not yet. I have many acquaintances in the USA that are uncomfortable with cryptocurrencies because they don't understand + can't spend on anything + can't secure, and they are fully capable of doing online research, so I just imagine how much trouble you'd have to go through in order to make someone in your community to use a cryptocurrency.

Still voting NO for Roadshows.

@Mahamadu Salam

Thanks for your reply and I am sorry to hear what you described. If your community doens't know how to look for information online then perhaps cryptocurrencies are not for them, at least not yet. I have many acquaintances in the USA that are uncomfortable with cryptocurrencies because they don't understand + can't spend on anything + can't secure, and they are fully capable of doing online research, so I just imagine how much trouble you'd have to go through in order to make someone in your community to use a cryptocurrency.

Still voting NO for Roadshows.
Thanks.

The struggle is what I am going through, educating and enlightening my community about how to get involve with the internet and cryptocurrency. If we say the struggle is hard then we are definitely leaving them out and remember Dash is not the only cryptocurrency; if you don't sell your product/market it well in a competitive market, others will do the marketing and sell theirs. Cryptocurrency is not for some specific people, it is for everybody, some who have much knowledge of it, can search and educate themselves more but still refuse to get involve have made a choice of staying out like your friends in the USA. But those who have no knowledge of it, have not bordered searching about it maybe because they never heard of it, found it complicated or think it is for the internet people like my community here thinks, they need to be educated and that's what we are doing.

@Mahamadu Salam

I'm sorry to disagree, @RGXDK. Dash has two different use-cases. It could be viewed as an investment, like Bitcoin, and we could make youtube videos to reach the online educated people. Conversely, Dash aims to be Digital Cash, and for that to happen we need to reach the common people.

Let's say you give a presentation to 50 people. What % of those people do you think will install and use Dash for something? I estimated 20. Your proposal / 20 ~= 180.

Another point is that I don't think we should be supporting projects in regions where computer literacy is so low. Crypto is just too hard as it is and to expect any significant adoption or use is just wishful thinking. Try teaching someone who is computer illiterate how to secure a wallet.

Let's say you give a presentation to 50 people. What % of those people do you think will install and use Dash for something? I estimated 20. Your proposal / 20 ~= 180.

Another point is that I don't think we should be supporting projects in regions where computer literacy is so low. Crypto is just too hard as it is and to expect any significant adoption or use is just wishful thinking. Try teaching someone who is computer illiterate how to secure a wallet.
And if i talk to 50 by 2 which is 100 and 40 got involve in Dash, i appear twice on radio and reach out to about 15,000 people through my two radio discussions then a TV discussion and reach out to about 10,000 people, how many would have got involved with dash? about 10,040 people. My proposal / 10,040 = ?

That's a big if and with a doubtful ROI. You can fly a jet in front of 200,000 people and get 0 conversions. You can go on radio here in the USA and talk about dash to 100,000 people and still get 0 conversions, because Dash isn't ready to be marketed to the general public, much less so in your region. Again i'd support your proposal if it's youtube videos made in your native language.

Trying to teach a group of computer illiterates about cryptocurrencies, or speaking about it to 15,000 via radio is a waste of resources and I will vote no, sorry.

That's a big if and with a doubtful ROI. You can fly a jet in front of 200,000 people and get 0 conversions. You can go on radio here in the USA and talk about dash to 100,000 people and still get 0 conversions, because Dash isn't ready to be marketed to the general public, much less so in your region. Again i'd support your proposal if it's youtube videos made in your native language.

Trying to teach a group of computer illiterates about cryptocurrencies, or speaking about it to 15,000 via radio is a waste of resources and I will vote no, sorry.
Thank you very much, i will consider your suggestion in my local language (Dagbani)

@RGXDK I'm sure that you must have noticed that Africa is the new hot topic. Because of failing economies, there are huge opportunities to promote adoption of crypto, and Dash specifically, in Africa. We cannot do this without people on-the-ground, and Mahamadu (cryptolib) has a proven track-record. If you can think of anybody better to do the work that he is doing, then please introduce them. If you find his proposal too expensive, then please keep up the debate. But he's the best that we've got in Africa... so if Dash hopes to penetrate Africa, we should give him a chance.

Last edited:
@DashingDude

The African or Ghanaian community is not like that of the west where people make good use of the internet, even most university graduates here dont know how to look for information online.

I'm sorry but I just can't justify any investment in these places. Africa isn't hot and there are much better opportunities elsewhere (i.e. USA, South Korea, Australia). They are often illiterate in their own language and have zero computer skills...to expect them to be able to transact in crypto, secure a wallet etc is just a big delusion.

The conversion cost is much higher too. It takes $100 to convert one African with an "on-the-ground" team as you said, when it might take $0.20 to convert someone in Australia with online advertising. There is just no comparison.

Back