• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Pre-Proposal] Dash Lounge in Vienna, Austria

moxx aka joe

Dash Lounge in Vienna, Austria

Overview

Vienna is the capital of Austria and together with its metropolitan area, it has a population of 2.6 million people. If you add the nearby cities Bratislava and Budapest, the capitals of Slovakia and Hungary, the population is higher than Washington D.C.’s. Despite Vienna’s high population, it is named “city with the highest quality of life” for eight consecutive years, including the 2017 ranking.

This city is also known for the “Vienna school of economics” and Friedrich August von Hayek, who published the idea of private currencies in the 70ties. Thus, it is not surprising that Vienna is the location of the first so called “Bitcoin-Bank” in Europe – the “House of Nakamoto”. “Kryptowährung Austria”, an information and education platform for cryptocurrencies, is based in Vienna, too. They offer free basic seminars, where they explain all cryptocurrency basics to everybody.

Austria is one of the most cryptocurrency-liberal countries in Europe and well known for a high rate of early adopters. The idea of the “Dash Lounge” is to create a prototype concept for mass adoption. This should be a flagship location for Dash to test and review a mass market store concept. The next step is to duplicate it in all major cities all over the world.

We try to help the cryptocurrency-industry grow into the mass market.

Store Concept
  • Build up a Dash Lounge Flagship Store Prototype
  • Focus on cryptocurrency education, especially Dash, and outline the advantages over BTC and ETH
  • Free information seminars for mass market users on a regular schedule
    - What is Dash and what makes it different to other coins
    - How to setup a wallet
    - How to use a debit card
  • Information seminars for merchants - why you should and how to install Dash POS-Systems
  • Merchandising shop
  • Two-way ATMs
  • Offer a Dash branded Dash Mastercard
  • Community Café
  • Sample mining racks to show the public how a miner looks like
A very important part of a store concept is the branding. We will assign a team composed of a brand strategy expert and a store branding expert to create 3 different proposals on the store branding. Afterwards, we let the Dash-community decide which concept we should implement. Because of that, the cost estimation is just a rough approximation, as the final costs depend on the final branding.

The lounge is planned with a size of about 150-200 m² in a so called “B-location” in the city center of Vienna near a public transport hotspot.

dash1.jpg

Remark: The images provided are for demonstration only and do not reflect any planning status.

Cost Estimation

This cost estimation is based on a 6 months prototype test.

• Create a brand strategy and branding concept ............................................................... 25,450 USD
  • Hire a real estate agent to find a location,
  • negotiating contracts with the landlord .............................................................................. 8,720 USD
  • Deposit for rental agreement ............................................................................................... 5,490 USD
  • Building conversion appx. 525 USD/m² ...........................................................................105,000 USD
  • Furnishing, equipment ...................................................................................................... 165,820 USD
  • Technical equipment ........................................................................................................... 32,560 USD
  • Branding inside and outside the store .............................................................................. 42,840 USD
  • 2 two-way ATMs ................................................................................................................... 16,730 USD
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Estimated costs total ...................................................................................................... 402,610 USD
  • + 5% cushion ......................................................................................................................... 20,310 USD
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Total .................................................................................................................................... 422,740 USD
  • Based on a Dash exchange rate of 310 USD/DASH (September 4th 2017) ................. 1,362 DASH
  • Spread over three months .............................................................................................. 3 x 454 DASH

Schedule

• Phase 1: creating a concept and brand strategy, hire estate agent to find the perfect location
  • Phase 2: refurbishing the shop, install branding and furniture, etc., install ATM until opening
  • Phase 3: test mode of Dash Lounge

L4_copy.jpg

Remark: The images provided are for demonstration only and do not reflect any planning status.

About Us

We are a team of three people with more than 15 years of experience in retail-branding and branding-business, construction and business developing in franchising business of retail stores. We finished more than a hundred newly opened and refurbished retail outlets for different clients in various industries based on a turnkey business – from the scratch to grand opening. With our experience, we can develop a retail strategy for Dash, which starts with a prototype flagship store in Vienna.

Summary

Mass adoption is the main focus of Dash for the next years. To achieve mass adoption as the first cryptocoin, it is obviously necessary to show presence on the market to attract mass market users. Education is also a key factor to strengthen Dash and promote mass adoption.

We think that a store concept will increase the speed of mass adoption immediately – there is no other competitive payment coin right now, who has established local competence centers at the moment.

Contact

Name: Markus Milacek
E-Mail: [email protected]

Seems like an exciting concept. A bit like an Apple Store? Can you provide more detail about the content of the presentations you will provide there, and how you will market your presence to the local people?

I'm not really following this...
Who would be doing the education / seminars and how would they get paid?
Would this be for-profit? How are you going to get people in the door? I could picture a venue maybe only for special events/conferences but there are many (probably cheaper and more flexible) options available, and although it might look cool I'm not seeing the value in having a lounge where people will decide to go to learn about Dash(?) or hang out(?)

I can see the value in a all-in-one help center but the location and cost structure is really putting me off.

It's very interesting idea. But current it's too much! In my opinion we would rather invest more for development than for promotion at this time.

But when Evolution completed, it would be very practical.

Seems like an exciting concept. A bit like an Apple Store? Can you provide more detail about the content of the presentations you will provide there, and how you will market your presence to the local people?
We will provide a free seminar on frequently base (weekly, twice weekly) about Basics of Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Wallets, ATMs, POS systems, difference Dash - BTC, Masternode System, Dash DAO, etc. The goal is to bring more people into cryptocurrencies...

I'm not really following this...
Who would be doing the education / seminars and how would they get paid?
Would this be for-profit? How are you going to get people in the door? I could picture a venue maybe only for special events/conferences but there are many (probably cheaper and more flexible) options available, and although it might look cool I'm not seeing the value in having a lounge where people will decide to go to learn about Dash(?) or hang out(?)

Basic Education is for free. ATM fee, Merchandising (starter packages, etc) and Cafe profit covers the costs. The goal is to create a community of Crypto-Enthusiasts, who drive the power of blockchain and Dash as THE payment coin.

It's very interesting idea. But current it's too much! In my opinion we would rather invest more for development than for promotion at this time.

But when Evolution completed, it would be very practical.

Im my opinion mass adopion is not possible with technical solutions only. It is important to start with this kind of community centres to spread the idea and start to hit the mass market.

Im my opinion mass adopion is not possible with technical solutions only. It is important to start with this kind of community centres to spread the idea and start to hit the mass market.

Yeah! But without real working product (Evolution) we can make people become disappoint.

I like all in this Pre-Proposal
Even more it is an amazing offer
Vienna, Austria, great minds of the economy, and today bitcoin there and DASH also...

Yeah! But without real working product (Evolution) we can make people become disappoint.

I think differently
we can disappoint people if they do not find out about dash until evolution comes when the price of DASH becomes another

Last edited:
Thats a great idea, are you from vienna @maxx aka joe?? I am living in vienna and starting a Blockchain Consulting Network right now. -> www.blockchainconsulting.at where everybody who has skills and knowledge can offer this. We act as serious consulting network. I will help @thedesertlynx with his ESFL Conference attendance and also ready to help @essra with his proposal to make the House of Nakamoto more DASH brandy with a DASH ATM. Would love to you work with you too to make Austria Crypto again ^^ you can always finde me on slack by the way

it turns out that there is already a store in Vienna that shows people crypto currency

"The House of Nakamoto" - the first bitcoin store in the world

and they will receive approval for DASH integration for a more reasonable price

So at this stage this proporsal seems not very necessary now

My Dine and Dash pre-proposal could reach more that 4.3 million people in the United States in a year if implemented. Dash would be in 40+ locations at a fraction of what this costs, even though I have to say I really like the design and all. But Dash isn't there yet for this and I think it can be done cheaper.

I like the idea of this but think it is to early. At present i would vote no but maybe if you try again next year something like this will be worthwhile.

Idea is good - but I don't agree that it should be 1 place (in 1 location) - It should be a cool DASH-PROMO-BUS(-s) - that is traveling through the whole Europe (and other continents) during the whole year, parking in each city for several days (with pre-determined Parking Schedule - so people can plan their visiting the place beforehand).

It will be much more flexible and effective solution (maximum coverage with minimum budget).

Examples of this concept:
637c1637f807.jpg

b7016d13a4de.jpg

9d6a472ee275.jpg

54d283937d10.jpg

http://www.commbus.com/hire/bus/promotional/branded-bus-hire/ and so on...

Back