• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Dash Buys A Seat At TenX

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
So, MNOs will soon take ownership of various assets and will also have the ability to form partnerships or buy companies etc. In which case, I propose our first purchase should be a seat at the TenX table. With that, we could give priority to dash in all marketing and also offer various incentives when users pay with dash.

I don't know the numbers but it would be a multi-month purchase.

Any more details on how that would work. I didn't think you were a particular fan of TenX due to their deadline slippage etc..?

True, I gave him a hard time initially but I eventually relented. Well, he wasn't very forthcoming with his past but he stuck around and took a lot of shit.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, there are three partners. We wouldn't get a controlling majority but it would get us some serious leverage. It wouldn't speed up the dash roll-out because, it seems, that is down to visa telling them to slow down... but there could still be some good benefits in terms of customer acquisition.

I can't retrofit a poll to this thread so I request people add a "me too" to this thread or tell us why it's a bad idea.

What do you actually mean with seat at the table? Board?

Yes, I was thinking board level, but I was deliberately vague to keep things open. I think there's a lot of synergy between dash and tenx and I suspect the dash masternodes would be open to some form of alliance / partnership. If you could just talk with our business development team that would be great.

we would be happy to a partnership anyways, no need for you to spend (extra) money on that. Right now, what we truly need are talented people to work in our team and a little bit of time to have everything up on scale to be ready to all the demands.

tbh
as seeing recent post of SEC i would definately stay away from selling dash by the network direct or by core direct !
we were always very cautious about this not to be involved in any sales direct and as we see now this is and was the right decision
if a 3rd party wants a seat at that table so be it - Dash Network or Core should and will stay clear of that (legal issues !!!)

we would be happy to a partnership anyways, no need for you to spend (extra) money on that. Right now, what we truly need are talented people to work in our team and a little bit of time to have everything up on scale to be ready to all the demands.
what positions are open right now ? i am looking into jumping into the crypto-ship full time, i can help out with a variety of stuff , check my linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/krishnayogi/

tbh
as seeing recent post of SEC i would definitely stay away from selling dash by the network direct or by core direct !
we were always very cautious about this not to be involved in any sales direct and as we see now this is and was the right decision
if a 3rd party wants a seat at that table so be it - Dash Network or Core should and will stay clear of that (legal issues !!!)
hi @tungfa i am willing to take up the role based out of their singapore office ( as technically singapore is beyond SECs legal jurisdiction ) , let me know what exactly is expected of this role

But i do have one condition to join , they should roll out my Tenx card really soon , i paid for it last month and it still says waiting list :)

hi @tungfa i am willing to take up the role based out of their singapore office ( as technically singapore is beyond SECs legal jurisdiction ) , let me know what exactly is expected of this role

But i do have one condition to join , they should roll out my Tenx card really soon , i paid for it last month and it still says waiting list :)

pls send me your email with what you registered via pm and i will see what I can do - always happy to help MNOs.

there is no role in the pipeline
Dash Core never talked or considered taking on a CC !
this is brand new - maybe somebody else from the team wants to ship in - but as far as I am aware we are not looking for any of this !

singapore is beyond SEC juristriction - but Dash as a US legal entity (for now) has to comply ! (Foundation US based)

Maybe you missed the bit about dash assets moving to a Swiss legal trust...

ya correct, i believe it's best that one of the MNs becomes board members of the companies we fund instead of the CORE , its just makes sense right (CORE's job is make sure we have the best product in the market )

There would be no legal issue with the trust owning a legal entity to operate a Dash credit card brokerage business. The SEC ruling simply does not apply to Dash, because Dash is not a security. In fact, all Dash in existence was given away as compensation from the network to various entities for a task performed (miners, MN owners, and proposal owners). Reselling those non-securities assets is not illegal. Whether it is Coinbase or "Dashbase" performing the brokering is completely irrelevant to whether the asset is considered a security. Even "Dashbase" would have to buy the Dash on the open market.

The only way we would get into trouble would be if the network issued new currency in exchange for fiat... in other words we would need to create new tokens specifically for sale to the public. It obviously doesn't work like that, and never will.

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there about whether the SEC ruling applies to Dash. Unequivocally, the SEC ruling has absolutely NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER on the Dash network.

Back