• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: DappDapp Integrating a Dash EcoSystem

Would you vote for this proposal

• Yes

• No

• I like it, but need some more information

Results are only viewable after voting.

Will_DD

Hi All,
we are restructuring our approach and would like your inputs on the following proposal. As you guys suggested, we simplified and shortened the proposal.

We are also in contact with Dash Core, who are currently putting together the escrow agreement.
In the meantime we kindly ask for some inputs from the network as we add more information.

Proposal Summary

DappDapp has built a micro ecosystem using social media, more specifically messaging, as a platform.

Why Messaging and Why Dapp? Because every relationship, friendship, corporate, celebrity, charity and service relies on communication… Thus, making it the single biggest part of life! To Dapp is to knock fists as a greeting or show of respect and is used all across the world, in all areas of life – as we believe DappDapp will, signifying the start of many communications through our monetized Private, Group and Public Chat features!

Communication is done through speaking, seeing, gestures, faxes, emails and of later years, texting and media!

Why Dash? DappDapp will incorporate this with Dash as a global digital payment ecosystem, unlocking numerous use cases and monetization opportunities for all participants, allowing people to send Dash and micro Dash to each other across any borders by the touch of a button! In an instant, social media is no longer about likes and following but about real cash = Digital Cash! This kind of power in the hands of celebrities could change the way the world communicates and transacts (See Justin Bieber examples below).

Why the Ask?

Amount: 400 Dash

(2 months, in Escrow with Dash Core)

Option: Right of first refusal to an equity stake in DappDapp at a later date (part of escrow agreement).

The Dash we seek will be used for:

- Building switch technology and integration with Dash

- Advertising and growth campaigns incentivizing and rewarding users for joining and participating in Dash, initiating activity with real digital cash, in real time, instantly!

Herewith our proposal:

The Perfect Storm

Over 7.4 billion people with 44% using smart phone technology for social networking.

By 2022, 59% of the population will be using smart phones.

All this whilst Social Media is fundamentally flawed due to user privacy violations, advertisement fatigue/distrust and a lack of value and governance for all participants.

At the same time, we see a trend of moving away from traditional banking channels and embracing faster mobile P2P (peer to peer) payments along with huge shifts towards popular, trusted and decentralized blockchain technologies.

Every perfect storm brings perfect opportunity

The stage is set for DappDapp to offer users real-time peer to peer payments, no transaction fees, along with fun, opt-in campaigns to earn rewards!

DappDapp is an ecosystem through chat, allowing people to send Dash to each other by the touch of a button.

Contributors and Users can also sell text, videos or selfies to each other or their social media following by owning and controlling their digital management rights (DMR).

Imagine the value that could be created if Justin Bieber could sell a selfie for the equivalent of 1c to his following of 60 million people!

Again, in an instant, social media is no longer about likes and following but about real cash = Digital Cash!

The DappDapp – Dash Solution:

Although the blockchain solves many problems: borderless, security, decentralisation etc.

It does face a challenge in the micro transaction space.

In its current state if Justin Bieber decided to sell a selfie for 1c using the blockchain as a payment mechanism, it would not be a success due to the following reasons:

1. Cost of mining each transaction

2. Scale millions of transactions would cause a bottleneck

3. Currently no social media platform to facilitate this campaign

This is where DappDapp comes in, we will make micro transactions possible by having and maintaining a centralized ledger, much like what the exchanges and some wallets do, allowing people to buy or earn small volumes of Dash and allow them to use Dash for micro payments within DappDapp, which can in turn be put back onto the blockchain again when the values become justifiable.

So, in the example of Justin Bieber, let’s assume the earnings from the selfie was D0.00001 and 60 million followers bought it:

Earnings: cost x Volume

0.00001 x 60 million

= 600 Dash @ $800 each

= $480 000 for a selfie!

Now what if the follower does not have Dash or a credit card to buy any Dash?

DappDapp has opt-in advertisements called Dappverts, which users can view at their discretion. Each time they do, they earn some DASH!

How does this work?

Advertisers will pay in Dash for Adverts on DappDapp, so let’s say each advert costs the advertiser 0.0001 Dash. A percentage of the advertising fee will be passed on to the user and his nominated charity as an incentive for viewing the Dappvert (advert).

There can also be further rewards, such as 0.001 Dash if the user completes some questions about the advert or earn 15% of the cost of the product you bought back in Dash as a reward! Needless to say, competitions and other forms of customer engagements will also be supported.

The above is a brief summary of our proposal and we provide further resources for your perusal.

Please also see attached screenshots of what it will look like.

Thank you all in advance!

Kind regards

Will

Herewith some screenshots of where this is going:

Public Chat likes.png Development in Progress.png Send Dash in Chat.png Premium Content.png Pay to vote.png

Last edited:
Why Messaging and Why Dapp? Because every relationship, friendship, corporate, celebrity, charity and service relies on communication… Thus, making it the single biggest part of life! To Dapp is to knock fists as a greeting or show of respect and is used all across the world, in all areas of life – as we believe DappDapp will, signifying the start of many communications through our monetized Private, Group and Public Chat features!

I am not sure what is your value proposition. By reading it first, we have the impression what you want to do is to create a social platform that will resolve the problem of the privacy violation and so on :

1. There are already platform doing that ?
  2. What is your plan for taking market share on a very competitive market that is social platform ?

After trying to understand your proposition, by looking at previous threads (I shouldn't need to have done that), I understand that your value proposition is to allow micropayment. People paying 1cts for buying a selfie of Bieber or, if I take an example from the former thread, a guy paying 10 cents for a 2 hours insurance in a taxi.

And that you'd all of that... through centralization... Will the code be open source though ? So we know that our privacy rights are not violated ?

Why not advertising yourself as a micropayment system instead ?

As far as I'm concerned this all a bit blurry

Dear Leonidas,
Thank you for the response.

Perhaps to clarify.

I am not sure what is your value proposition. By reading it first, we have the impression what you want to do is to create a social platform that will resolve the problem of the privacy violation and so on :

The Value proposition is for DappDapp to use Dash as a currency in a micro and digital eco system.

DappDapp is built to compete with other social media/messaging apps.
The one problem with social media, especially messaging is that they are battling to monetize. So let's use an example.

You meet someone for the first time, suddenly Facebook suggests him to you as a friend!
You do a search for a new mobile phone, suddenly every google ad you see is trying to sell you a mobile phone.
The current players share databases etc..

This is what DappDapp wants to change, we are creating an eco system where revenue can be earned without the users data being the price we pay, where the user decides what he would like to interact with and what not.

If the user would like to buy an article from a publisher, let him do so at his will. The means of payment for the article = Dash or a micro version of it(Dot, Duff etc)

So this is where Dash comes in. Let's say in Britain got talent, you would like to vote, but you are in Australia, you cannot do so with sms or premium calling etc. but if we could let the viewer do it, using Dash, we can grow the reach globally!
  1. What is your plan for taking market share on a very competitive market that is social platform ?
We have already got one client with a database of 10 million people in education, who would be interested to look at selling content to their clients using DappDapp, the missing link is the payment platform, which is why we are here :)

The approach thus is through communities, companies and celebrities who would also like to be in control of their content.
Take for example the youtube celebrities, there has been quite an outcry where they did not get their advertising revenue due to youtube policy changes etc. if they were given the option to rather charge a very small fee for their content, it would promote, Better quality content and offer him the ability to engage with his database better.

Think of this: How many videos have you cancelled, because just as it is about to start watching, there is an annoying advert which has to finish first?
Of late, even more annoying the video stops 1 minute in to show you an advert??
I would rather pay 1c to watch the video than to be tricked into some involuntary advertising campaign.

After trying to understand your proposition, by looking at previous threads (I shouldn't need to have done that), I understand that your value proposition is to allow micropayment. People paying 1cts for buying a selfie of Bieber or, if I take an example from the former thread, a guy paying 10 cents for a 2 hours insurance in a taxi.
This is exactly what i'm trying to avoid, i would really appreciate a bit of help with the text even to restructure it. If you would be kind enough to help me, i would be really grateful!

And that you'd all of that... through centralization... Will the code be open source though ? So we know that our privacy rights are not violated ?

Part of the plan is to open source and to allow, especially some of the Dash guys to get involved. We are not yet able to commit to exactly when and how this will happen. But yes, we are very keen to have an honesty and transparency approach, obviously just taking into account all potential risks etc.

Why not advertising yourself as a micropayment system instead ?

I'm not sure i understand your suggestion. Please will you elaborate?

Kind regards
Will

Thank you for your answers

We have already got one client with a database of 10 million people in education
What does that exactly mean ? That those people will use your app ? Or that you client will recommand your app to its 10 million people ? It's better than a cold email to users but I hope there is a bit more to that than a simple recommandation.

I would rather pay 1c to watch the video than to be tricked into some involuntary advertising campaign.
Have you done a market study showing how many people would rather pay 1c to watch the video than getting the ad ?

We are not yet able to commit to exactly when and how this will happen. But yes, we are very keen to have an honesty and transparency approach
For the money there is the escrow so that we don't need to take the word for it. For the open source side we'll have to take your word for it... If you can't commit to have an open source platform that shows that it's impossible for you to violate the privacy rights of users, I would definitely not mention it in your proposal, it really takes away the credibility.

i would really appreciate a bit of help with the text even to restructure it. If you would be kind enough to help me, i would be really grateful!
Hum, I hope my answers will help you. Although I wouldn't mind helping out a smaller projects, I am worried that a guy (group ?) asking for a quarter million can't itself draft a clear pre-proposal after having already had a thread discussing with the community. But, maybe it's just me and others will find your approach clear enough.

I have the same reservations as before. You have almost no users and have large investments from other parties. I have little confidence you can turn it around. Imo, your company is way over valued and there's little evidence you can turn things around.

Why haven't you engaged with your educational client and built your product around their needs? One tenth of his business would be a lot more than what you've got right now.

Let me refer you to two very different projects in this space:

Status (enables direct transfer of the most transacted crypto, ethereum):
https://status.im/

Obsidian (fully decentralized but might struggle for using it's own coin):
https://obsidianplatform.com/

Not to mention Kik and YouNow.

I agree with the premise about crypto and messaging but there's something missing from this proposal. It's asking too much with such little evidence and understanding of the messaging space. If it was that easy, yahoo would still be a thing.

Dear Leonidas,
Thank you once again, i will do my best at answering you.

What does that exactly mean ? That those people will use your app ? Or that you client will recommand your app to its 10 million people ? It's better than a cold email to users but I hope there is a bit more to that than a simple recommandation.

At this stage what it means is that we met the CEO, he loves the concept, he agrees it would open opportunities for them as a company and thus would encourage it i say is the best summary. Pending obviously that we need to integrate a payment mechanism.

We have also approached schools as they like the fact that Followers of public chats are anonymous, thus their students cannot fall pray to bad people.

Have you done a market study showing how many people would rather pay 1c to watch the video than getting the ad ?
We have done several one on ones with people ages 16-35, also including some players from a regional french rugby team. The response was that they would happily pay 1c to see videos, if it was easy and straight forward, especially if they knew the 1c would make a difference to a charity. But we have not done an official market survey, which is why i suggested i would rather pay 1c. I suppose some people will, other won't.

For the money there is the escrow so that we don't need to take the word for it. For the open source side we'll have to take your word for it... If you can't commit to have an open source platform that shows that it's impossible for you to violate the privacy rights of users, I would definitely not mention it in your proposal, it really takes away the credibility.
Thank you for this. We are considering options and the best strategy to approach this.

Hum, I hope my answers will help you. Although I wouldn't mind helping out a smaller projects, I am worried that a guy (group ?) asking for a quarter million can't itself draft a clear pre-proposal after having already had a thread discussing with the community. But, maybe it's just me and others will find your approach clear enough.
Tough crowd... :)

It is tricky, because there is so much we would like to say and trying to juggle what is important to who is different from person to person and speaking to 4000+ masternodes, it makes it even trickier.

We have a more comprehensive document, as part of our proposal, we will refer to it, but please have a look if you can find the time:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/je7rk4pt3gvwtus/dappdapp_white paper_A4 portrait_24PP.pdf?dl=0

Kind regards
Will

Dear GrandMasterDash,

Thank you for your message, we have taken your comments into consideration from previously also.

We cannot do the educational group yet as we do not have the payment platform set up and we would like to use Dash for this.

As for a start, we are busy with a campaign for one of our smaller customers, and we will be sharing some of this info with you once we launch it.

Kind regards
Will

Dash Messaging currently exists and is fully functioning with many of the features you are proposing.

How do you plan to differentiate your product from Dash Messaging?

In this proposal you are asking for funds for advertising/marketing before your product is even built. Isn't it premature to ask for marketing funding?

No worries -- we just need to get clarification from the Core Team. It's a very good idea on your part to use an escrow service. Historically, projects that the Core Team escrows are projects with which they work closely and support. I just want to see if that is the case here. You have done nothing wrong.

Dash Messaging currently exists and is fully functioning with many of the features you are proposing.

In this proposal you are asking for funds for advertising/marketing before your product is even built. Isn't it premature to ask for marketing funding?

Dear Jim,
Thank you for your message.

I have logged onto d-msg.com i am battling to find a link where i can download an app to my phone?

From what i can see, the platform is browser based.

So from initial finding, i see the following differences. (Please excuse me if i'm wrong)
D-msg is Web Based --- DappDapp is Native android and ios
D-msg registers with email --- DappDapp registers with mobile number
D-msg you search other users via username -- DappDapp we sync your mobile phonebook

Other functions i did not see on d-msg (again please excuse me if i'm wrong)
- I don't see where you can create group chats
- Not sure how i can get push notifications
- Don't see where i can send images/video/voice notes or location to you

Functions in DappDapp we believe also add value(which i did not see in d-msg):
- Public Groups
- Voting polls - Free or Paid voting
- Following a public chat
- Commenting on posts

I saw your concept of getting paid to message someone, which is interesting.

Our app is built, please feel free to download it from the app stores by searching 'DappDapp'

You are welcome to add me as a contact, please let me know if you would like me to send you my phone number?

So what the money will be used for is integrating Dash as the underlying payment platform.
Marketing funds to only unlock once completed. - Hence the escrow, we hoping to give everyone comfort.

Hope this makes sense?

Kind regards
Will

No worries -- we just need to get clarification from the Core Team. It's a very good idea on your part to use an escrow service. Historically, projects that the Core Team escrows are projects with which they work closely and support. I just want to see if that is the case here. You have done nothing wrong.

Thank you for that jimbursch, would not want to upset anyone :)
By the way, we still need to have a chat, there are possible synergies to explore. Sent you a message on d-msg :)

Yes, Dash Messaging is a web app, accessible from any web browser -- mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop.

Currently only registering with email is enabled, but the functionality to register via SMS is in place, but not activated.

We are very privacy-conscious and have no interest in accessing user data that is not explicitly provided by the user. So we don't tap contacts or location data or anything else from the user's phone.

We have a feature called "Cliques" which enables the user to send group messages.

Users can post public messages, but all conversations are private.

The user is notified by email (or text when it is enabled) when a new message arrives.

Public messages can be targeted geographically and demographically to users who provide that data. There is an incentive for users to provide that data because targeted messages tend to be higher paying and more relevant.

I have the same reservations as before. You have almost no users and have large investments from other parties. I have little confidence you can turn it around. Imo, your company is way over valued and there's little evidence you can turn things around.

Why haven't you engaged with your educational client and built your product around their needs? One tenth of his business would be a lot more than what you've got right now.

Let me refer you to two very different projects in this space:

Status (enables direct transfer of the most transacted crypto, ethereum):
https://status.im/

Obsidian (fully decentralized but might struggle for using it's own coin):
https://obsidianplatform.com/

Not to mention Kik and YouNow.

I agree with the premise about crypto and messaging but there's something missing from this proposal. It's asking too much with such little evidence and understanding of the messaging space. If it was that easy, yahoo would still be a thing.

Dear GrandMasterDash,

I just had a look at the links you sent.
They seem to be using other currencies, mainly Ethereum? Not Dash?

We are committed to Dash as an exclusive partner. I would imagine most people on this forum are highly vested in pushing Dash above any other currency.

We may not be perfect, no one is. Even Coca-Cola does not appeal to everyone.

But we seek to drive customers to Dash and as you said, messaging and social media is the number one activity of every youngster, so the synergies speak loud.

We are not suggesting that we can get everyone to love DappDapp or Dash for that matter.

But if we could get a slice of the 3 billion smart phone users out there, i think it would be a massive success!

Have a fantastic day!

Kind regards
Will

We are not endorsing the project. We will offer escrow services to any credible / legal businesses seeking escrow as part of their offer to the community. This is a service we offer to the MNs and proposal owners alike to help protect both sides.

When it comes to endorsing, in this case, the core team simply lacks the needed expertise to properly evaluate a startup in the messaging app space, so we are unable to provide any guidance (positive or negative) as to whether this is a good use of funds. As a startup with a new business model, there are considerable risks that are difficult to measure. At the same time, messaging apps can experience explosive growth in short periods of time, and Dash is a logical choice for these low-value transactions. So we really need the community to make its decision on the basis of the offer DappDapp is putting forward and express its risk tolerance for this type of high-risk high-reward type of project. We've also never seen an equity offer before, so we don't know the value MN owners will place on that part of the offer. Dash Core Group will do whatever is needed to support the legal process of facilitating the network owning equity if the network decides to fund.

Do you think people will now pay to have more privacy in social media?

That´s what I understanbd this proposal does my friend.

Please clarify me. Tks!

Do you think people will now pay to have more privacy in social media?

That´s what I understanbd this proposal does my friend.

Please clarify me. Tks!

Dear Carlosjem,

My apologies, this one slipped past me...

Our value proposition is to build Dash into an EcoSystem founded on a Messaging platform.

The current players in this space 'sell' user information to increase advertising sales. (facebook, WhatsApp, etc)

So no, we are not asking people to pay for their privacy, what we are saying is that we don't monetize through selling user data, but rather by building an eco system where the value proposition does not violate user privacy. Does this make sense?

Have a great day!

Kind regards
Will

Back