• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[pre-proposal] Burnt Hamster Publishing

AgnewPickens

Staff member
Chief Sock Advisor
I screwed up using some of the wrong spaces for filling in the template, but wanted to upload the file so that I could begin receiving feedback on my most recent proposal. Ugh, I hate this keyboard, half the letters worn off, only 8 months old, make too many typos on this kb with it sitting in my lap.

Attachments

• Dash Project Proposal Burnt Hamster Publisihing.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-burnt-hamster-minestrone.15394/#post-130240

This was my failed proposal last month, I am trying to get Dash together to resubmit extended proposal for finished issue, next issue, website and POS sales.

Costs should be about the same for first issue, second issue will likely be 12 pages by the number of submissions we are getting, there will not be as much layout labor since we spent about 10 manhours creating the masthead which doesn't have to be done again, and my staff is getting the hang of the old school layout techniques. I did finally manage to claim ownership of my failed proposal, it appears that a person cannot claim a proposal during the voting period. I can write off that 5 Dash fee now that I was able to claim ownership, that was my biggest gripe with the proposal process.

I know it shouldn't matter, but you might want to consider changing the name. I know I saw some comments on your last proposal that the name put a couple of people off before they even really looked into your proposal. I would hate for you to end up wasting your money just because of a dumb factor like that.

I know it shouldn't matter, but you might want to consider changing the name. I know I saw some comments on your last proposal that the name put a couple of people off before they even really looked into your proposal. I would hate for you to end up wasting your money just because of a dumb factor like that.

I have spent the last 5 years branding Burnt Hamster Publishing on Social Media and myself as Agnew Pickens as well as on my blog, on Soundcloud and changing the name of the proposal may be an option, but I am registered as Burnt Hamster Publishing with ISBN for my second volume of poetry and it IS the name of my underground press. Small presses like mine often have weird names or counterculture references and this name was good enough for me to file against Amazon/CreateSpace in a complaint against them for a distribution scam they were running with the Attorney General of the State of Washington, a complaint that neither Amazon nor its subsidiary replied to after two requests by the AG.

That's fine, you don't need to change the name of your corporation etc. Just change the proposal itself to something like "Small run publication for Dash".

I can change the proposal title, but it encompasses more than just a small run publication if you read the PDF. So I will think on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, that was just off the top of my head, name it whatever you think best describes it in generic terms.

Back