• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Airline In-flight media campaign

How long should we propose to run these ads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big news!!!
We have added Jet Blue to our next Dash In-Flight Media Campaign! This campaign includes American Airlines, United Airlines, and Jet Blue, and it will reach over 24 million people over the course of 3 months! This is huge!
Please take a look and vote here:
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/JetBlue

Have you looked in to doing advertising on the magazines as well? I have found myself reading through those on shorter flights that usually have no screen entertainment. They have monthly editions but they all seem to have wear and tear due to a captive audience.

I also think you have to relate Dash as a better alternative to Bitcoin. Making that connection really speeds up peoples understanding of what Dash is. Even if they don't understand bitcoin.

Have you looked in to doing advertising on the magazines as well? I have found myself reading through those on shorter flights that usually have no screen entertainment. They have monthly editions but they all seem to have wear and tear due to a captive audience.

I also think you have to relate Dash as a better alternative to Bitcoin. Making that connection really speeds up peoples understanding of what Dash is. Even if they don't understand bitcoin.

Thanks for the comment! We like this idea, and we'll look into this and work towards submitting something in the future for community feedback.
The original "What is Dash" video did mention Bitcoin, but it was denied by the airlines so we were forced to edit it out. The airlines did not want to paint anything in a negative image, including small contrasts between Dash and Bitcoin - so we thought it was best to edit out all references to Bitcoin.
Thanks again for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

Nice video! Are these airing on all of their flights? Domestic? International?

The actual routes are detailed out in the proposal under each airline. Some aircraft aren't equipped with seatback video, so it depends on each airline and their routes. This ad is airing on both Domestic & International routes for all of these airlines.

Thanks for the comment! We like this idea, and we'll look into this and work towards submitting something in the future for community feedback.
The original "What is Dash" video did mention Bitcoin, but it was denied by the airlines so we were forced to edit it out. The airlines did not want to paint anything in a negative image, including small contrasts between Dash and Bitcoin - so we thought it was best to edit out all references to Bitcoin.
Thanks again for the feedback, we really appreciate it.
Perhaps you could show the symbol briefly, i'm not sure if that has enough recognition by the masses. But its probably a wash at this point.

Ideally we could get a article in one of those magazines so people could read in detail about Dash.

Saw this on a flight - so cool!

No audio, though. You've got to add subtitles to capture the full value of your spend.

Hey everyone!

We want to thank you for your support on our most recent proposal. It has passed for the month of January, and per our proposal we have secured the ad spot for March of 2018 for JetBlue, American Airlines, and United Airlines!
During this month (January) the Dash ad is airing on American Airlines, United Airlines, and Virgin America Airlines. You can find the entire schedule here.
I’ve uploaded a recent Proof of Performance document for the month of December here, along with the rest of our Campaign Documents.

We have received a lot of feedback on ways we can improve the video, and we appreciate all of the input. We are eager to incorporate new marketing materials related to Dash Evolution as they become available to the Dash community.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Would you guys be open to screening our commercials for future in-flight campaigns? Our focus is on bringing AAA production quality Dash ads in front of consumers in multiple languages, with no usage fees for DAO members :) . (BONUS: 2 of our campaigns are aviation-themed :)

Project Jet Plane:

Project Border-Free Love
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-views-over-6-months.17987/page-2#post-162815

Thanks for reaching out! My team & I will look into your productions and we appreciate the input.

We have created a new thread in the "Approved Proposals / Updates + News" forum, and all future updates will be posted there.
The thread can be found here.

Back