• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal – Add Dash for trading in Colibit (Cryptocurrency Exchange in Venezuela)

Is there a escrow service that the DASH community already uses for these kinds of projects? Can you guys recommend one for us? Thank you!

I'm curious why other coins get integrated for free, but DASH has to pay?

DASH doesn't have to pay anything if the community doesn't see oportunity here. DASH can wait for organic growth and eventually in the future we could afford to integrate DASH or someone else could. We are traying to help DASH community grow faster in Venezuela. As we see it, there is a real oportunity to win Venezuela to masive usage of DASH, but timing is important.

Hello, everyone :)

Thanks to the Caracas - Venezuela DASH Conferences supported by MNOs, and the awereness it has arisen, more and more people from our country is interested in buying / selling DASH Vs. VEF.

But right know, there is only one option for us to get DASH directly with VEF: www.cryptobuyer.io

This is a service I have personally used, especially in the beginning of my interest about DASH, but soon I realized it had too many limitations, and that actually I could get a better deal using a btc bridge.

So, in DASH Caracas' activities, our team started to talk to entrepreneurs about the urgent need of more and better exchanges alternatives.

That is when @CrisRock (part of DASH Caracas' team) introduced me to @rafa and we had a first conversation about Colibit and the possibility of adding DASH to its options. I explained him about DASH's treasury funds and how to make a pre-proposal and proposal.

Then I gave it a try to Colibit's services (I had never used it before) and I was pleasantly surprised with the great user experience it offers. It is really simple to use, and they have a great support system as far as I could tell.

Afterwards, I met @Ronald Blanco in our past conference, and he could see with his own eyes the magnitude of the people's need of good DASH' exchanges alternatives, and I believe that is what made them decide to submit this pre-proposal.

From my point of view, they are a highly professional team, and they know what they are doing. You can see that in the high quality service they already provide in Colibit, and the quality of their pre-proposal and their responses in this forum. And about the value of the proposal to the DASH Community, I think this would really help Venezuelans adoption... we need it!!!

Regarding the cost of it, well, I do not know anything about developing. I would like to hear other developers opinion (can anyone please mention them in this thread and invite them to participate?). I do not know if @vakano and @RGXDK are developers...

I am a little like @Beru hoping they could finnish the job sooner :)

And like @Schnuppdog I would love to watch @rafa and @Ronald Blanco interviewed by @TaoOfSatoshi and the guys from Dash Force News @thedesertlynx @Mark Mason @mastermined ... also, I think it is really important that DASH Español (@JZA / @pepemartinez ) also gets an interview with them.

FULL DISCLOSURE: This is not the only DASH/VEF exchange iniciative there is. I have been recently contacted by another Venezuelan team, they are creating an exchange that will function similarly to LocalBitcoin, but with DASH. They have asked for my orientation in the proccess of making a proposal, and I am working with them in that regard, meaning, I have been reading their drafts and making suggestions on how to improve the proposal.

I think both Colibit and this other iniciative are important. From my point of view, they are built for different market targets. The other exchange is more suited for traders (NOT my case :) by the way). And Colibit is so easy to use that less adventourous people can use it comfortably (DEFINITELY my case).

So... I hope the people that are in the know read this pre-proposal, adjustments can be made (if needed) and it gets funded really soon. WE NEED THIS in our country.

Rafa, thanks for bringing us this proposal to expand the Dash ecosystem in Venezuela. I agree that there should be an additional exchange there, and your requested amount seems reasonable.

Please be sure to include an escrow service in your proposal, preferably with milestones, since you are new to the community.

I hope there is instantsend feature in deliverable. why 6 month without instantsend feature ?

Completely agree, we need all exchanges to support Instant Send with Dash. It is our killer feature and provides a fantastic user experience.

I hope there is instantsend feature in deliverable. why 6 month without instantsend feature ?

I agree, we think this feature is key for DASH to be massive in Venezuela. It is included in the budget in the DASH wallet system for Colibit, we can update the proposal to make it explicit.

Hi I'd like to introduce myself as Ryan from GreenCandle. I have recently started as a project manager. I have been assigned to handle the communication side of things for this project. This is intended to make sure that the community has a representative from GC that can answer questions pertaining to the escrow and planning of this proposal. We intend to move this project from the Pre-Proposal to the proposal stage in this funding cycle.

Rafa, why haven´t you launch this proposal officially? We need an exchange like that in Venezuela urgently. I´m an business man here in Caracas with some good ideas to trade my product and services accepting Dash as payment method, but we need to people exchange Bs and Dash in the most easily and friendly way.

Just something like Uphold, that has been exponentially growing up in our country. Because it´s so friendly adn easy to use.

Hope for your reply!

Hi I'd like to introduce myself as Ryan from GreenCandle. I have recently started as a project manager. I have been assigned to handle the communication side of things for this project. This is intended to make sure that the community has a representative from GC that can answer questions pertaining to the escrow and planning of this proposal. We intend to move this project from the Pre-Proposal to the proposal stage in this funding cycle.

Thank you very much, Ryan. Looking forward to work together.

Back