• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Possible fundraising (via mining/masternode) options...

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
If the Foundation had an address that I could mine direct to via p2pool I would happily point a GPU at it full time. This isn't going to amount to much from one of my 270's or 750's but it's better than a poke in the eye with a hot fork and an easy way for miners to donate a little if they want to.

Also, what about an 'official' miner with binaries/source downloadable from darkcoin.io that had a scripted 15 minutes a day or something of pointing at a Foundation wallet, maybe via Propulsion's pool? As long as it was clearly pointed out and had an easy OFF switch I don't see that it could hurt? Might bring in a few precious duffs and bring a bit more hash Propulsion's way.

Some sort of setup via a .conf switch to let MN ops divert a little the Foundation's way has also previously been talked about but I can't remember if it was ever deemed viable. Now the Foundation is actually open for business is it worth revisiting the possibility?

If the Foundation had an address that I could mine direct to via p2pool I would happily point a GPU at it full time. This isn't going to amount to much from one of my 270's or 750's but it's better than a poke in the eye with a hot fork and an easy way for miners to donate a little if they want to.

Also, what about an 'official' miner with binaries/source downloadable from darkcoin.io that had a scripted 15 minutes a day or something of pointing at a Foundation wallet, maybe via Propulsion's pool? As long as it was clearly pointed out and had an easy OFF switch I don't see that it could hurt? Might bring in a few precious duffs and bring a bit more hash Propulsion's way.

Some sort of setup via a .conf switch to let MN ops divert a little the Foundation's way has also previously been talked about but I can't remember if it was ever deemed viable. Now the Foundation is actually open for business is it worth revisiting the possibility?

I really like this idea... I've played with setting up multiple mining pools in the config files of miners and specifying a % of mining resources to be designated for each pool. Maybe we could build upon this approach and publish some suggested miner configurations.

Back