• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Poll: Vote on our next animated Dash commercial!

Which animated commercial should we produce?

• Project Jet Plane

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Project Moon Rocket

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Hi everyone!

We at Eralith (myself, @bielie and @Thomas - Eralith) are excited to bring to you, a brand new set of pitches for the next Dash animated commercial!

For those of you that missed our previous forum post, here’s a recap:
Following the success of our first ad, we announced that we will be submitting multiple-choice pitches to the community so they can be involved and choose which ads they want to see produced.

Today we bring you two very different pitches that we’ve developed. The pitches are presented in a storyboard format. What this means is that they are not representative of the final product. They are merely hand-drawn frames that illustrate basic camera angles and action. All SFX, music and voiceover are placeholders.

There are also included treatment documents that give a quick, digestible summary of the pitches along with our reference material.

Now it is up to you, the community, to vote for your favourite ad which we will then produce over the coming weeks!

Pitch number 1: Project Jet Plane

This ad will be a story-based piece of roughly 30 seconds long. It will be animated and rendered in a fully 3d environment. It portrays an irritated crypto user stuck in traffic in a monochrome city, waiting for his transaction to clear. Suddenly, a jet plane blazes by with the blue Dash branding emblazoned all over it. It ascends over a gridlocked city covered in red lights. It then breaches the clouds, and flies into a clear blue sky. This is a fast-paced and artistically distinct ad that will definitely capture users’ attention.

Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2zEadXolbddMkJuMmE2b0E4M0E?usp=sharing

Pitch number 2: Project Moon Rocket

This will be a more traditional infographic style piece, with a bit of artistic flair.
This ad will be roughly 1 minute and 45 seconds long. It will utilize a blend of mainly 2D animation, with 3D elements that appear 2D. It explains the benefits of Dash over other cryptocurrencies through the use of visual shorthands.
We’ve peppered the piece with sight gags in order to ensure watchability and retention.

Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2zEadXolbddZEh4QjVxXzNGTkk?usp=sharing

We hope you enjoy our work! Please comment below if you have any questions about the stories or our creative process.

Last edited:
I think both should have some kind of immediate dash (logo) visibility if they are being used for youtube with the skip feature. Not sure how noticeable it is in the rocket.

They are visually glitchy, not sure if that was intentional or just part of the rough draft.

I think the flying noise should be more pleasant or fun so to speak. Perhaps a flyby sound, maybe yee haa. It's also hard to say that dash is without wild price swings, its more politically correct to say we have less.

Thanks for the feedback @ampp!

You have a point about the 1st 5 seconds, we will definitely look into it.

Visual glitchyness is an unavoidable feature of the storyboard format. Remember this is a rough plan for the production. It is still very much pre-production. Also the SFX and soundtrack are only placeholders at this stage.

Last edited:
I like pitch 1 because it's simple and highlights one of Dash's key features effectively and with entertainment, which makes it memorable.

Pitch 2 is trying to say to much and also feels arrogant in trying to predict the future and pushing that vision in viewers faces. This pitch is also targeted to investors, which I don't believe is our target market. Unfortunately it started to bore me and I believe will also confuse people.

I really like pitch 1 and would love to see a series of similar animations with the same impact highlighting each of Dash's features (private send, low fees, user friendly, interest accounts, support etc). These can then be used all over the web because they are short, catchy, to the point and will entice people to visit the website.

"Dash is Digital Cash" needs to be said at the end of all videos.

Last edited:
Hi, I totally agree that the first one communicates the message in a much better form. This poll is a very good example of how a video is transmitting the same message with totally different results. What I mean is that the 1st video is demonstrating the 'why' of Dash, whereas the 2nd one - the 'how' and the 'what'. People instinctively go for the 'why' because this is where the decision-making can be influenced the most. Please continue focusing on the WHY of Dash :)

Honestly I don't like either one and the reason is really simple: I don't think we should be trying to convince bitcoin users to switch to DASH, we should be trying to get people with no experience with digital currencies to try DASH as their first one, because if they do, they will never want to switch to Bitcoin after that.

I would have liked the first one if the guy stuck in traffic was there because of the traditional banking system.

I think the dogecoin vid (and dogecoin in general) has benefited from having a good mascot. If dash had a mascot competition...

Honestly I don't like either one and the reason is really simple: I don't think we should be trying to convince bitcoin users to switch to DASH, we should be trying to get people with no experience with digital currencies to try DASH as their first one, because if they do, they will never want to switch to Bitcoin after that.

I would have liked the first one if the guy stuck in traffic was there because of the traditional banking system.

Hey Enkhil, those are valid points. Until the point that Evolution is available to the general public, we've concluded that targeting existing crypto users (new and old) will yield better conversion rates. However, we also believe that the traffic message will resonate with the general public and spark interest :)

I think the dogecoin vid (and dogecoin in general) has benefited from having a good mascot. If dash had a mascot competition...

Hi GrandMasterDash, we feel the same way! We've chatted as a team about different forms of mascots, so we'll see where the Dash storyline leads us in the future!

Hey Enkhil, those are valid points. Until the point that Evolution is available to the general public, we've concluded that targeting existing crypto users (new and old) will yield better conversion rates. However, we also believe that the traffic message will resonate with the general public and spark interest :)

I see, that makes sense, in that case I like the first one.

It could be an idea to combine the message and for example use a Bitcoin symbol in one of the traffic light, a dollar in the next and a euro in the third or something, but I guess that could obfuscate the message.

These are both excellent videos. Excellent for displaying two different value propositions to two slightly different types of buyers/users.

Jet plane - excellent. Quicker intro to draw people in, perhaps to people who have already suffered with bitcoin.

Moon rocket - excellent. Longer but perhaps provides a statement with more impact on the current marketplace of [greed based] and [fear based] purchases.

Such excellent and exciting videos to see. Pro job right here.

These are both excellent videos. Excellent for displaying two different value propositions to two slightly different types of buyers/users.

Jet plane - excellent. Quicker intro to draw people in, perhaps to people who have already suffered with bitcoin.

Moon rocket - excellent. Longer but perhaps provides a statement with more impact on the current marketplace of [greed based] and [fear based] purchases.

Such excellent and exciting videos to see. Pro job right here.

Thanks a lot for the thumbs up!

Thanks a lot for the thumbs up!
Your work speaks for itself. Any timeframe on this stuff? Planned distribution routes and volume of buys? It's absolutely exciting to see this. Been waiting every month for something like this without it showing up.

We hope to make this a two-month proposal, with specific milestones before the fist payout (July) and the full ad before the second payout (August). YouTube costs will be included in the proposal. We target people on YouTube who search for "Bitcoin" and "How to... Bitcoin." - it works quite well in our current campaign.

Back