• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update

Of course the coins earned by those illegal Masternodes did not end in mine...

But a couple of hundred coins are well deserved for the developer of this exploit.
The cracker wrote whole network has to update to not get him being paid.

Of course, the coins earned by those illegal Masternodes did not end in mine...

But a couple of hundred coins are well deserved for the developer of this exploit.
I see, so i take it the attacker put all his own nodes on the list at took all the block payments........I suspect a disgruntaled miner

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that this has been quite an important milestone tbh.

Evan...you're brilliant at what you do. But there are other brilliant people too. This is the whole point of going open source and the best thing is that we have a community to support a rapid reaction.

It makes me wonder how long this was being exploited, and what the real MN count will be afterward.
If this guy were subtle he could have been sapping the network for a long time.

It makes me wonder how long this was being exploited, and what the real MN count will be afterward.

He has stated that he wasn't doing it for money. For somebody of sufficient intelligence and expertise to reveal this exploit I personally believe he wanted to make an impact, perhaps even harden the code rather than profit.

I don't think he/she/it was exploiting the MN network for a long because we would have noticed the big red lines which showed <1000drk balance:

IcKeH1Q.png

Alls well that ends well i suppose....
Wouldnt it be cool if it were kristov Atlas doing some white hat securifying!?

eduffield The debug.log seems to be getting spammed with a lot of:

Code:
2014-10-07 22:43:57 dsee - Got mismatched pubkey and vin
2014-10-07 22:43:57 ProcessMessage(dsee, 217 bytes) FAILED

Back