• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please make joining the foundation more anonymous

darkred

I have not been following Darkcoin (aka Dash) for very long (perhaps 3 months). I was not 100% convinced that it was worth supporting the Darkcoin foundation until today. After I converted 0.1 BTC for 9 DRK today, I realized how "cheap" it really was to purchase the 1 year foundation item/support.

To create an account on Darkcoin Talk, all you need is an email address and a password. To register as a foundation you have the following mandatory fields: country, first name, last name, address, state, zip, account name and password. If I am going to pay, I am going to use DRK to pay. I want to stay as anonymous as possible.

Please re-consider making all but 2 fields mandatory: account name and password.

I really like the tech, direction and most importantly, the people behind the project. Let me support you.

I have not been following Darkcoin (aka Dash) for very long (perhaps 3 months). I was not 100% convinced that it was worth supporting the Darkcoin foundation until today. After I converted 0.1 BTC for 9 DRK today, I realized how "cheap" it really was to purchase the 1 year foundation item/support.

To create an account on Darkcoin Talk, all you need is an email address and a password. To register as a foundation you have the following mandatory fields: country, first name, last name, address, state, zip, account name and password. If I am going to pay, I am going to use DRK to pay. I want to stay as anonymous as possible.

Please re-consider making all but 2 fields mandatory: account name and password.

I really like the tech, direction and most importantly, the people behind the project. Let me support you.
I wondering the same. Why have an anonymous coin (payment) system only to give up your information when paying to support it. Kind of doesn't make sense.

Thanks for wanting to join!!!!

In order to be able to get tax exemption status we need to keep a list of members with exactly that information. That list is not shared, but the state of Arizona, where the foundation is registered, could eventually ask for it and we would need to show it. As crowning says, we can't check anything, but we would be grateful if we don't have too many Darth Vaders living in Death Star Road. That would be an obvious fake name and I guess it could lead to some trouble.

Another option to support the foundation is anonymous donations. As long as their value at the time of donation is below 5k USD we don't have to ask for the data of the donor. More info at:
https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/donate/

Thanks. I chose the anon donation route.

Status: 0/unconfirmed, broadcast through 7 node(s)Date: 3/15/15 16:34To: for darkcoin foundation 7gnwGHt17heGpG9Crfeh4KGpYNFugPhJdhDebit: -10.00 DRKTransaction fee: -0.0002 DRKNet amount: -10.0002 DRKTransaction ID: 4e226a58f26aac5b3c6624b939a1be8851fd8fae88c8a92c07fc57f8d85a690a-000

I too was a bit worried, but I decided if I wanted to take a more active role, I was willing to put my real person's reputation on it. While I don't necessarily want every person to know that I'm John Doe, Furthermore, donating will not tie any account with your name, so your coins are all still anonymous.

Either way, both the anonymous and the identified should be allowed to sit at the same table to mutually assist. We have the same security interests in mind.

Back