• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Help, Masternode Keeps going into Watchdog Mode

Merkamerica

Hi.

Im a new masternode owner and ive been having a hell of a time with this. My masternode recently has been going offline every few hours with the watchdog issue. Here is what I have.

Sentinel - returning no errors
Dashman - Loading up and working fine.

I attempted to install the dash central control and I have gotten a JSON line 16 error. So I was not able to get the auto restart working. When I looked it up it said its possible the version is outdated.

So my question here is, what is going on? And is there a better way to get the dash center to install?

Any help appreciated, my node has watchdoged me 4x in the last day.

Im running OVH with 4GB ram.

Last edited:
Ive made some progress with the crontab. Im now getting this error

Masternode cannot be found in the configuration.

Ive double checked and im using the ip address and :9999.

Suggestions?

Hi there, sorry you are having problems. First can you confirm you followed the latest guide, available here: https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/masternodes/setup.html

The DashCentral control script should not be necessary on a properly configured server, I don't run it and dashd has been up since early January. You should get your masternode running without it first, and then add it as a nice-to-have feature. The main thing that will cause dashd to crash is spiked in memory usage during period of heavy voting, but 4GB of memory and swap enabled should be enough for that. Also voting is not particularly busy now, so I doubt that is what is causing you to crash. Check your memory and drive space is sufficient using "free -h" and "df -h". If that looks ok, then please post the output from the following commands:

Code:
~/.dashcore/dash-cli getinfo
~/.dashcore/dash-cli masternode status
~/.dashcore/dash-cli mnsync status
cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel/ && venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py

"version": 120203,
"protocolversion": 70208,
"walletversion": 61000,
"balance": 0.00000000,
"privatesend_balance": 0.00000000,
"blocks": 854841,
"timeoffset": 0,
"connections": 13,
"proxy": "",
"difficulty": 57195317.20562731,
"testnet": false,
"keypoololdest": 1523497265,
"keypoolsize": 999,
"paytxfee": 0.00000000,
"relayfee": 0.00001000,
"errors": ""
"outpoint": "477a43905ab1f4c01357945e242615d16f5369f49caebddbaacdfee2f298b4af-0",
"service": "xxx.9x.x1x.xxx:9999",
"payee": "XrZiHYyrpy9Yz3g8qLuKhrvNpkawwwMiAx",
"status": "Masternode successfully started"
"AssetID": 999,
"AssetName": "MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED",
"AssetStartTime": 1523936191,
"Attempt": 0,
"IsBlockchainSynced": true,
"IsMasternodeListSynced": true,
"IsWinnersListSynced": true,
"IsSynced": true,
"IsFailed": false
dashcore/sentinel/ && venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py
-bash: .dashcore/sentinel/: Is a directory

Its working for about 2-4 hours and then goes into watchdog.

You typed the last command incorrectly, please include "cd" at the beginning.

xxxxxx:~/.dashcore/sentinel$ cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel/ && venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py
xxxxxx:~/.dashcore/sentinel$

It hung for about 1 min before the output.

I changed the cron yesterday to remove the root part of the address, and just started off with home, and it changed the error in the dashcentral to OK. But it didnt hold and in the middle of the night it went offline with a watchdog error.

Also, I tried to install dash updater to keep it running. I have gotten this error.

xxxxxxx:~/.dashcore/dashcentral-updater$ perl dcupdater.pl
Can't locate JSON/RPC/Client.pm in @INC (you may need to install the JSON::RPC::Client module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at dcupdater.pl line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at dcupdater.pl line 16.

Back