• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soleo, great news and congrats on your new miner. I cannot wait to receive mine. It seems there are some windows issues running the software. I'll be running this on a windows 10 PC, that is also using NH miner with a 290 AMD GPU. I'll keep you informed on my progress once I receive the unit.

try download from the release page again and check the md5checksum for your zip to see if it is broken

I was trying to download both .zip and .rar archives, both checksums were OK.

I'll try to run it on other Windows7-PC though in several hours.

First people just started receiving their units and some still haven't even got theirs shipped, so how do you expect to have a detailed review already available!

I expected that the manufacturer will make it before starting to sale. And now - it's just my impatience, 'cause I want this miner so much!..

My miner was damaged. Solarminer as well. They're working out shipping issues.

To be fair they packed it as well as they could. It was wrapped up in lots of foam and two layers of boxes. When I received it four screws were loose and one of the blades was floating so I suspect some damage must have occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
My miner was damaged. Solarminer as well. They're working out shipping issues.

To be fair they packed it as well as they could. It was wrapped up in lots of foam and two layers of boxes. When I received it four screws were loose and one of the blades was floating so I suspect some damage must have occurred.

Bummer, but I guess since you got a video of it running it is working fine?

Mine had loose screws as well. Which reminds me of something important for people to know if this is the first ASIC they bought.

Always, always, check for loose screws when getting miners. I have ordered many ASIC's and for some reason they commonly arrive with loose screws. I guess between getting shipped around the world and thrown around by shippers things get loose. My DM384M had loose screws, my Avalon's have, AntMiners etc. Just give it a shake and make sure there are none rattling around inside.

One of my boards is dead. Something must have come loose. I don't see any problem with the solder but i dunno. Better to replace it rather than messing with the soldering since I couldn't see any issues from my naked eye but it was the same board that was floating around during shipping.

Pinidea has arranged to send me a new board asap :D

There's also a new binary out to tell u which boards are dead which is helpful.

View attachment 2402

Just got mine up and running!

Note that the line under the cgminer accepts/rejects means some of your chips aren't working. A fully working unit would look like:

111111 111111 111111 111111 111111 111111 111111 111111 111111 111111

Even though the hashrate in cgminer shows ~500Mh, on a pool I expect you'll see much lower than that -- I know I do at least. Mine looks like this currently:

111111 111111 001000 000000 000000 010001 101011 010001 101100 101000 => ~185Mh.

It actually started off much worse than that, around 60Mh, until I removed the top board and re-seated it into the 10 boards on the sides. solarminer suggested that the issue is likely caused by solder failing at the headers between the top board and side boards, and that makes sense to me. I'm waiting on word from soleo and the Pinidea team about it, but re-seating the top board did help some.

Just a quick post today. So what happened?
Miner arrived, but 4 screws were missing on one side. Running the miner I could only get 100MH from a pool although CGminer was reading 500MH.

With the help of Soleo and Stella(on dash slack) we found it was a hardware issue. I opened up the miner and saw the connector headers on the loose heatsink part had come off. I spent some time inspecting and only found 4 connectors that had issues. I soldered the headers back on(it isn't so easy to hand solder surface mount chips designed for wavesoldering) and now it fires up to the full 500MH.

I am running a p2pool on a PI and it seems to be close to 500MH. I need to update this guide from what I have learned, but this will help get you started on setting up cgminer and the p2pool. You need to change the scantime to 1 second and that should work better. I have plenty of pictures.....too late to add here now. Will do a full write-up when I can.

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.ph...ontroller-usb-miner-p2pool-node-raspberry-pi/

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems pretty interesting, what is printed on the surface of the Chips ? Are those FPGA's or really ASIC's ?

How can it be at all?.. :eek:
It is what it is. All I can say is the pool reports 500MH and cgminer reports 500MH now with everything working right.

Seems pretty interesting, what is printed on the surface of the Chips ? Are those FPGA's or really ASIC's ?
Chips have a huge heatsink over them that I don't want to remove and risk damage. I guess you could buy one and take it apart.

Just want to say pinidea did have issues with shipping but they are putting ibelink to shame with their updates and active support. The miner does have some quips, but their software is open source and the hardware is about 2x the efficiency of ibelink. pinidea is definitely showing themselves to be the better people here. Also no evidence of self mining.

Just want to say pinidea did have issues with shipping but they are putting ibelink to shame with their updates and active support. The miner does have some quips, but their software is open source and the hardware is about 2x the efficiency of ibelink. pinidea is definitely showing themselves to be the better people here. Also no evidence of self mining.

https://github.com/PinIdea/ASIC-X11-Miner don't include source codes, where are the source codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back