• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah I am slated to have mine shipped tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
yes same here, fingers crossed too

Yeah, it looks like Solarminer is right, it will be a lot longer before these arrive than Pinidea thought. Mine has not made it out of China yet and it has been 3 days already. Not a concern, I was just overly optimistic.

Others ordering this may want to consider getting expedited shipping if possible. I am in the US so something like UPS is going to be significantly faster.
I asked after seeing your post, but apparently not an option on this batch. we will just have to wait.

yes same here, fingers crossed too

I asked after seeing your post, but apparently not an option on this batch. we will just have to wait.
As did I
As a notice to everyone - you may have to call SF express to get your UPS tracking number. SF express hands off to UPS once in the USA.
My number was available when i called as it had reached the US, best of luck to you all.

Yeah, mine shipped too.

Someone mentioned you do not have to have a pi, has this been confirmed? What can the mining software run on, just my regular Windows computer?

Yeah, mine shipped too.

Someone mentioned you do not have to have a pi, has this been confirmed? What can the mining software run on, just my regular Windows computer?
We'll provide mining software binaries for Windows, Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi. So Pi is not a must device for mining. You can use your windows computer.

We'll provide mining software binaries for Windows, Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi. So Pi is not a must device for mining. You can use your windows computer.

Very nice, thanks for confirming that, it will make it easier for some of us that are not Linux experts.

What is it DR-1 ?
DR-1 is just a model number for us to keep track of different products that we released in public. Obviously, 1 means it is the first generation, R means Rack and D stands for DASH. Since we're releasing USB version miners, it's a bit important to have a naming strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be reviewing the miner and will post pictures stats and anything you want. I am getting the PI setup so this will work. So far the minera software has ads that pop up every hour unless you donate $4. Now they are locking up the console - so I may ditch minera. Some other users have reported better luck starting with the jessie image and adding minera on top of that.

Buy a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3, microusb power supply, case, heatsink kit recommeded, and 16GB Class 10 MicroSD card(8GB or 4GB also ok if you don't want to install a p2p pool node).

Download Minera
Bitcointalk Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0
Direct Download Link
https://getminera.com/download/latest
Download win32 disk imager
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Setup from windows....
Double click on .zip download and select extract all.
Open win32 Disk Imager and select the minera-latest.img file and write to device.
While you are copying the minera image, assemble the PI, heatsinks, and case.
Insert the MicroSD card in the slot at the back of the case.
Login to your router...usually 192.168.1.1. Look for DHCP leases.
Plug in your PI and find the new IP address that shows up it should have a description of minera. I set this as a static IP, so it won't change if you reboot your router in the future.
Open your web browser(firefox or Chrome work best) with the IP. (192.168.1.36 for example)
Login with user minera and password minera
In Settings / Custom Miners choose cgminer 4.X
In Pools add your pool and user info(see below for P2Pool info).
In System enter a new system password.
Save
System / Open Terminal - login minera pass minera(or the new one).
Type: sudo raspi-config and select "Expand Filesystem"
Close the window by clicking the X in the upper right.
System / Reboot and Yes Reboot

Thanks Solarminer is there anything we need to set as extra options or in Local miner settings?

Anyone else got a tracking already, it has been more than a week since payment?

This was not supposed to be a pre-order and it turns out that iBeLink will be shipping their pre-order units faster than the miners from Pinidea!

Anyone else got a tracking already, it has been more than a week since payment?

This was not supposed to be a pre-order and it turns out that iBeLink will be shipping their pre-order units faster than the miners from Pinidea!
still no tracking here either. was told should be by 22nd, then on 23rd told soon. they really need to work on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back