• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Peter Todd: The Ethereum DAO Bailout Needs A Coin Vote

Hey Camosoul,

I do generally enjoy reading your posts, and it is great to have forthright opinions and views expressed that may differ radically from those of others. There is often wisdom in what you say. But the above post is starting to get nasty and spiteful. If you are feeling bitter because you've been dissed and you think it better to sit it out from the sidelines, then that's one thing. But please don't undermine the value of the Dash for other people here (and presumably yourself as a major investor?) with such deliberate negativity. Thank you.
Everyone who doesn't like reality gets mad when it comes their way.

Which post is that, anyway?

The one where I pointed out that not only is there no such thing as an ASIC-resistant algo, any algo is going to be ASIC-specific by it's very definition and nature?

Or the one where I called-out some bitcoin fanboy for being a loser troll?

Bitter? Where?

I see stupid. I kick it in the nuts. Pretty simple MO. Don't try to make it into something it's not just because I touched on something you're emotionally invested in to the point that you can't handle it.

If it's that last sentence you got hung up on.. I've been calling cryptotards out since before Evan knew what Bitcoin was... That's the least new thing I've posted, so the "bitter" theory isn't even close...

The overwhelming majority of people involved in crypto are mindless cryptotards. Troll/Hype. Pump/Dump. That's all they know. Initially, DASH wasn't like that, but it has become no different through inaction. Nobody bothers to capitalize on what DASH's feature set would allow it to do. I tried and look where it got me! Bitter? No. Just sad to see it squandered, and nobody even seems to notice that it's happening. It's like not noticing that your hair is on fire, then being told that I'm the crazy one for pointing it out...

If there's any bitterness, it's the mild taste of vomit that I get when I wonder if I bet on a dead horse...

A year of doing absolutely nothing with the ultimate crypto killer feature set... And I'm the one who has something wrong with him because I noticed it? Lols!

I know, I'm not being a proper DASH fanboy. I believed in it a year ago. I still believe in the idea. Just not the people. They don't even notice that their hair is on fire... You can't let killer features rot on the vine for a year because you think you're above competition. This is crypto. There is always someone gunning for you.

If Peter Todd wanted to take a shot at DASH, that would have been it...

They won't learn until it's too late...

Last edited:
Everyone who doesn't like reality gets mad when it comes their way.

Which post is that, anyway?

The one where I pointed out that not only is there no such thing as an ASIC-resistant algo, any algo is going to be ASIC-specific by it's very definition and nature?

Or the one where I called-out some bitcoin fanboy for being a loser troll?

Bitter? Where?

I see stupid. I kick it in the nuts. Pretty simple MO. Don't try to make it into something it's not just because I touched on something you're emotionally invested in to the point that you can't handle it.

If it's that last sentence you got hung up on.. I've been calling cryptotards out since before Evan knew what Bitcoin was... That's the least new thing I've posted, so the "bitter" theory isn't even close...

The overwhelming majority of people involved in crypto are mindless cryptotards. Troll/Hype. Pump/Dump. That's all they know. Initially, DASH wasn't like that, but it has become no different through inaction. Nobody bothers to capitalize on what DASH's feature set would allow it to do. I tried and look where it got me! Bitter? No. Just sad to see it squandered, and nobody even seems to notice that it's happening. It's like not noticing that your hair is on fire, then being told that I'm the crazy one for pointing it out...

If there's any bitterness, it's the mild taste of vomit that I get when I wonder if I bet on a dead horse...

A year of doing absolutely nothing with the ultimate crypto killer feature set... And I'm the one who has something wrong with him because I noticed it? Lols!

I know, I'm not being a proper DASH fanboy. I believed in it a year ago. I still believe in the idea. Just not the people. They don't even notice that their hair is on fire... You can't let killer features rot on the vine for a year because you think you're above competition. This is crypto. There is always someone gunning for you.

If Peter Todd wanted to take a shot at DASH, that would have been it...

They won't learn until it's too late...
I just thought that calling the community retarded was a bit harsh. Like it or not Camosoul, you too are part of this community. You're using this thread to say things like 'betting on a dead horse" so continuing this conversation is like feeding a troll. Thanks for your time and response, but I shall now decline to communicate on this matter any further. Kind regards, Super8.

You don't have to like it for it to be true. I don't like it, either. But I'm not going to stick my head in the sand, or reject it because "it's mean and I'm offended! So hrumph! I'll take my ball and go home!"

I hate saying what I said. But it's true, and denial won't fix it.

I generally don't give a damn about the price. DASH is supposed to be about endless innovation, and solving problems. But, when you squat on that innovation for a year and do absolutely nothing with it... We're starting to see the effect of letting innovation rot on the vine.

We see dev proposals coming up that say "2016 is the year that we finally take this shit seriously." But where were these comments in January? Isn't that when 2016 started? If this was really the plan all along, why wasn't it the plan before now? How is 2016 suddenly "the year" when it wasn't even mentioned until that year was half gone?

Backpedaling. Trying to make it look like this was always the plan, when the truth is that nobody even thought about it until I made a stink.

If that's not retarded, what is it? I'm calling a spade a spade. Nothing more.

There are competitors on the scene that are ahead in the game, who didn't even exist in January... If you create the killer feature set, you can't just let it rot on vine...

If you wait for someone else to do it for you; THEY WILL. But they'll leave out the "for you" part.

"The community" needs to stop being a bunch of lazy retards.

Last edited:
Education is what needs to be re-assessed.

LTC already prove this when it fraudulently touted scrypt as being ASIC-proof.

Any static algorithm is, in fact, suited to ASIC better than anything else. It's a static algorithm! Duh!

Etc..

The point of an ASIC is to carry out a particular task more efficiently, in terms of time and / or power, than alternate methods. Equihash has been designed to make memory bandwidth the primary efficiency factor. This does not preclude an ASIC solution for Equihash but, in order to offer an advantage over CPU or GPU solutions, it would have to employ faster memory and / or multiple memory channels to sufficient amounts of memory for the data set.

Where ASICs particularly lose against CPU solutions is the prohibitive development time required for designing, testing and producing chips and circuit boards compared to simply writing and maintaining a program.

Some of the parameters of Equihash are like a moving target (much like a bitcoin blocksize increase would be for certain SHA256 ASICs) and, in that respect, quite unfriendly to specific hardware solutions. Moving away from particular Proof of Work algorithms as being 'set in stone' would also be quite unfriendly to ASIC solutions.

So there. No nut-kicking required.

Back