• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Personal Views on the Miami Conference

TheDashGuy
Andreas has a stake in blockchain.info which has a very popular paid mixing service. DASH kinda` eats into their pie and does it for free since the built-in DASH mixing doesn't cost any money.

He is also known as "bitcoin guru" and makes money from consulting and speaking fees, talking about all things Bitcoin. If Bitcoin were to fade away the status of Bitcoin guru won't mean much to people now would it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prh6PEOh.jpg

At least guy can admit faults.

TheDashGuy
Andreas has a stake in blockchain.info which has a very popular paid mixing service. DASH kinda` eats into their pie and does it for free since the built-in DASH mixing doesn't cost any money.

He is also known as "bitcoin guru" and makes money from consulting and speaking fees, talking about all things Bitcoin. If Bitcoin were to fade away the status of Bitcoin guru won't mean much to people now would it?

We'll he obviously doesn't value self worth, because if his is tied to Bitcoin, thats gunna be a rough ride.

No oficial reports from Evan or Daniel yet? (Not about the bikinI no one care, but about the whole conference)

A girl in bikini is not a good choice.
Perhaps, campaign of marketing for Amsterdam, customers can pay with InstantX the girls in bikini ;)

I'm at a loss to understand why people have their panties in a bunch over a bikini. Is this your vision of DASH?

victorian-men.gif

Same reason we ignore the randoms and we focus on "business side of things" all the time.

Dogecoin stole all the fun people :p

Totally joking everyone! I love all of you. Just making a point about our community.

We should try to include the dogecoin types as well and this won't be as big an issue.

Right now, most of us a businesses minded folks who see the longterm value of Dash.

I refuse to have the attitude of "but we're gonna get in trouble". This is DISRUPTIVE technology we're killing ourselves for here. Do you see anybody driving a hunk of metal hundreds of miles to promote PayPal?

Agreed. Just maybe approaching things like this with a tad bit more thought could erase the entire argument.

We all agree the model wasn't a bad thing, some people just seem to feel like the idea was misplaced. It was an indoor event, no sunshine, seemed to stand out in the crowd, etc. We could have used a tad bit more class is all :p

@babygiraffe

Thank you for this post.

Most informative and spot on in regards to the comments on meeting people in real life as opposed to what happens on bitcointalk.

Looking forward to the progress over the next 12 months.

Go Evan and the team, bring it on in 2016!

His knee jerk reaction was tweeted to 400k people who may or may not have ever heard of DASH. AA's ass head knee jerk reaction is some of those people's first impression. He should rescind his statement, but he's a tribal leader so he wont. If he goes against the tribe he might lose some tribal members.

There is a saying: "there is no such thing as bad press." That's 400,000 people who have never heard of Dash...and I doubt all of the are prudes in any event =)

There is a saying: "there is no such thing as bad press." That's 400,000 people who have never heard of Dash...and I doubt all of the are prudes in any event =)
That saying was said before the creation of the internet. I don't fully agree with it, maybe to an extent but not in this case. We already have a bad wrap for instamine, (even though the majority believe it has helped the growth of the coin), we don't need to be falsely labeled in a bad manner by a man who calls himself a bitcoin guru. It's an agenda he has nothing more.

For my case in point regarding bad press. Just google "Brittany Spears" and see what bad press put her through.

That saying was said before the creation of the internet. I don't fully agree with it, maybe to an extent but not in this case. We already have a bad wrap for instamine, (even though the majority believe it has helped the growth of the coin), we don't need to be falsely labeled in a bad manner by a man who calls himself a bitcoin guru. It's an agenda he has nothing more.

For my case in point regarding bad press. Just google "Brittany Spears" and see what bad press put her through.

I disagree. We have trolls on one forum that keep bringing up the instamine. Nobody in the real world seems to be aware of it.

Reasonable people can disagree, but I guarantee there are a lot of people who saw AA's tweet and said "He's getting his panties in a wad over a girl in a bikini? In Miami? That's overkill. What's this #DASH he's referring to?"

I disagree. We have trolls on one forum that keep bringing up the instamine. Nobody in the real world seems to be aware of it.
400k people following AA prob not all "real world" people. They are most likely folks interested in cryptos, this may be their first impression.
Reasonable people can disagree, but I guarantee there are a lot of people who saw AA's tweet and said "He's getting his panties in a wad over a girl in a bikini? In Miami? That's overkill. What's this #DASH he's referring to?"

Possibly. But there was probably people who saw that post in a negative lite without ever giving the contents of the tweet any time of day. It's the first impressions.

Anyways does it matter? He apologized. It's over. Why are we talking about it? To disagree? No longer relevant.

A big thanks to babygiraffe, Solar miner, Camosaul, Moocowmoo and all the core team for doing an excellent presentation in Miami :cool:

Back