• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Open Bazaar integration - pre-proposal

How a buyer with Dash only will pay for a good that's sold for BTC?

1 - Look for something on OB to buy.
2 - Click to buy
3 - Get payment address.
4 - Got to Shapeshift drop in the Seller's BTC address and your Sending Dash address. Click next. This will automatically give the amount of Dash to send.

pNGDgZv.png

Tk9nKi1.png

In this case I did not conclude the transaction, but I thing everything is self explanatory.

ODs31Vn.png

@yidakee , I know how shapeshift works.

My thesis is that going to other site to pay for the good breaks UX and only hardcore dash users like yourself (and me) will do this.

End user always wants smooth experience: see, click, bang. My friends refuse to adopt dash because it doesn't offer mixing on mobile, and you're here breaking user flow even more.

@yidakee , I know how shapeshift works.

My thesis is that going to other site to pay for the good breaks UX and only hardcore dash users like yourself (and me) will do this.

End user always wants smooth experience: see, click, bang. My friends refuse to adopt dash because it doesn't offer mixing on mobile, and you're here breaking user flow even more.

On the contrary. I'm just defending the use of development funds on a quirky solution that will benefit everyone, not only Dash, making the use of Dash more expensive than it should. Plus, it's in the best interest of other parties do develop it, not us.

What I am defending is precisely a more elegant solution of actually integrating Dash into OB so it is native and doesn't have to jump through hoops. More fluent and much better UX in case of problems.

A solution that give us a competitive advantage regarding every other coin <- This is where project funds should be applied.

What I am defending is precisely a more elegant solution of actually integrating Dash into OB so it is native and doesn't have to jump through hoops.

How in your envisioned solution a dash buyer would pay for btc stuff?

There is no solution except the port of code of OB to Dash and submitting to the devs to merge.

There is no solution except the port of code of OB to Dash and submitting to the devs to merge.

You're answering to a different question: how this would be implemented.

My question is: given Alice is a dash buyer and Bob is a btc seller, how do you see the transaction to be conducted?

Bob sells a gold watch on OB for 2 BTC.
Alice executes a buy request.
Alice gets Bob's BTC multisig payment address
Alice wants to use Dash, so goes to Shapeshift to exchange and feeds Bob's BTC address + amount of 2 BTC
Shapeshift (Carol) converts and asks Alice to send 135.7 Dash to shapeshift.
Shapeshift converts and send to Bob's BTC multisig address
Bob receives payments and ships watch.

Bob sells a gold watch on OB for 2 BTC.
Alice executes a buy request.
Alice gets Bob's BTC multisig payment address
Alice wants to use Dash, so goes to Shapeshift to exchange and feeds Bob's BTC address + amount of 2 BTC

At that moment you'll lose 95% of users. They simply won't use the service, unless it's a single click.

At that moment you'll lose 95% of users. They simply won't use the service, unless it's a single click.

Exactly! I completely agree!

The only thing I don't agree with is using our funds to develop a solution that will benefit other coins and give us absolutely no competitive advantage. If the funds are used to port OB so it natively uses Dash, you've got me 100% back you. I started proposing this last year, and got the ok from OB devs!

Not using our funds to create a 1 click interim solution where instantly Eth and LTC have a HUGE advantage given their market cap, and thus being harmful for Dash. Plus all other coins below our market cap.

We need to develop to make Dash more competitive

But the final solution will depend on the ability of buyers and sellers to go through shapeshift to exchange funds!

Are we in agreement on this?

But the final solution will depend on the ability of buyers and sellers to go through shapeshift to exchange funds!

Are we in agreement on this?

If you can create this so that only Dash can be used, I am in full agreement, but you specified that no, it will only open the doors to other coins.
The ultimate solution is porting OB code to include Dash natively.

If you can create this so that only Dash can be used, I am in full agreement, but you specified that no, it will only open the doors to other coins.
The ultimate solution is porting OB code to include Dash natively.

Are there some obstacles to integrate DASH into OB-client-mainnet?

Are there some obstacles to integrate DASH into OB-client-mainnet?

As of last year's informal conversation with some devs, they were saying "... sure! no problem..."

Unless things have changed, it's a huge add-on to OB. The only obstacle is the actual development of porting the code to accept Dash. Unfortunately I cannot help there.

The ultimate solution is porting OB code to include Dash natively

We're going circles.

How Alice can pay in Dash Bob, who accepts only BTC? The only way is to go through exchange, right? And right now most usable automated exchange is shapeshift.

Therefore final multicurrency solution will have an integration with the shapeshift or it's equivalent. And since this integration delivers most of what 95% of end users want, that's the first thing I've proposed.

~Year ago I've done some work on early OB beta to port it to the Dash network and immediately recognized this issue.

Why are we in circles?

I am just saying that I don't agree with developing something that will benefit other coins. If you manage to do this for Dash only, I am 100% behind this, one way or another.

If you manage to do this for Dash only, I am 100% behind this, one way or another.

There's no point developing dash-only solution, because it will work only for between dash buyers and dash sellers. If there's 10% of dash buyers and 10% of dash sellers on the OB network, then, on average, their transactions would be just 1% of the network transactions.

Anyway, I've got your opinion, thanks.

Is it impossible to fix price in BTC and automatically index price in Dash based on an average API call from a few exchanges?

Back