Official Newcomer Introductory Video Release

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014

One of our main objectives going forward is sharing the good work we are doing in Dash with the public. Part of our vision is to cultivate adoption of this ecosystem through education, promotion and engagement of potential users on the benefits of cryptocurrencies and the functionality our solutions enable. This is very important for the future of the Dash project.

We want to thank the volunteers that worked hard on this, in no particular order:

Minotaur
Tungfa
Yidakee
UdjinM6
Tantestefana
Fernando

Thank you for stepping up and taking the lead on this important project.

Here you can enjoy our first official newcomer video, we hope you like it. We already love it.

This is a community preview, official press release will go out to the public soon.

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
the official newcomer introductory video preview release looks great, it manages to be both simple in tone and getting the message across...

moocowmoo

Bovine Bit-flipper
Foundation Member
Jun 15, 2014
masternode.me
Dash Address
XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX
Super fabulous amazing well done job!

You've nailed it!

Who wrote the script?

Reactions: Dunedoo

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
I don't mean to nitpick, but some background music would have been nice. Right now, the sound effects are quite prominent
We tried two different background music tracks and the no music version. The consensus was that the music distracted from the message, the focus group had different views on many things but we did agree on that, so I tend to think it was the right decision. Just wanted to let you know that it was a consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

dazman

May 14, 2014
Great intro video guys... I've shown it to my family and they think it's simple, to the point and very easy to understand.

Great Job :)

Reactions: raganius
T

toknormal

I don't mean to nitpick, but some background music would have been nice. Right now, the sound effects are quite prominent
You know - until you posted that, I didn't even notice the lack of background music.

I see what you're saying, but I like it dry. I think background music would detract from the impact and informative nature of the video and turn it into more of an entertainment item.

Have a look at it again. Its whole theme is minimalistic. There's a huge amount packed into an absolutely tiny space. Everything is stripped away to make space for the message. Despite that, it's still attractive and very watchable. I'm sure that the lack of music is a conscious decision to place the centre of gravity firmly in the "informing" category rather than the "promoting" category.

Just my opinion, but in these situations the rule "if in doubt, leave it out" is not a bad rule of thumb to work to.

the-baker

Mar 12, 2015
We tried two different background music tracks and the no music version. The consensus was that the music distracted from the message, the focus group had different views on many things but we did agreed on that, so I tend to think it was the right decision. Just wanted to let you know that it was a consideration.
Good to know it was at least considered. Not sure what kind of music you've tried, but in my head, something simple like one guy playing a funky bassline could have worked great :)

Reactions: tuppydog