• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Change From Darkcoin To Dash

eduffield

Core Developer
Hello everyone,

I want to give a few updates on the rebranding process to Dash.

We have already decided on the ticker, it will be DASH.

We have commissioned a design firm to work on logo designs and colors. In around 7-10 days we will have several proposals and there will be a vote among foundation members and development team.

The date for brand switch will be March 25, 1PM Pacific Time. We have already sent an email to those in the mailing list of services around Darkcoin to give them the heads up so they can prepare. As soon as we have the final Logo design we will send them out.

Best Regards,

The Dash Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

We have commissioned a design firm to work on logo designs and colors. In around 7-10 days we will have several proposals and there will be a vote among foundation members and development team.

The date for brand switch will be March 25, 1PM Pacific Time. We have already sent an email to those in the mailing list of services around Darkcoin to give them the heads up so they can prepare. As soon as we have the final Logo design we will send them out.

EMAIL:

At Darkcoin, our vision has always been to become a globally renowned crypto payment platform like Bitcoin and create a currency that is private, instant and capable of mass adoption. As part of this evolution, we recently announced that we’re rebranding from Darkcoin to Dash.

However, we know it takes lots of preparation to make changes like this for exchanges, sites and other services so we’re announcing a future date for everyone to make the jump.

If you run a service, website, or anything else Darkcoin related please schedule some time on March 25, 1PM Pacific Time to change “Darkcoin” to “Dash” and the ticker “DRK” to “DASH”. We will have other assets available soon, such as the logo, these will be sent to you in an email as soon as we have them.

Best Regards,

The Dash Team

Fuck Yea!

So definitely no 'coin' after then, is it just a straight dash of Dash :cool:
Been a few come over from dashcoin complaining about the ruining their coin, so being a different ticker to DSH, dashcoin will be staying on poloniex as is, and will their github remain locked with only forks available?

Please keep the current reverse 'C'ash in the voting...

7LNcIPu.png

Sounds great, although I wish the ticker symbol would have been ISO compliant.. i.e. XDD, XDS or XDH.
X because the currency isn't affiliated with any nation.
Gold is XAU, silver is XAG etc.
While nationalized currencies have the two first characters from country code: USD, CAD, AUD etc.

Who else has a 4 letter ticker? DOGE.. Well, that's real serious.. :oops:

Great news, thanks for the information and congratulations to the newly named Dash Team!

Hello everyone,

Best Regards,

The Dash Team

Evan, will the voting include all foundation members or just those on the board? I assume it is the later, but it is best to be clear about these things so that regular foundation members do not get their hopes up.

Evan, will the voting include all foundation members or just those on the board? I assume it is the later, but it is best to be clear about these things so that regular foundation members do not get their hopes up.

"will be a vote among foundation members and development team."
Dev Team + Foundation Members + Foundation Board
:wink:

I love how the Monero team is actually encouraging the remaining members of the Dashcoin project to band together and work with the company Evan is contesting. It's like really guys, your project can't stand on its own two feet without needing to try to mess with the "competition" through shit like this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10785764#msg10785764
I wouldn't worry about this to much. I would be very surprised of the Dev team behind XMR is doing this... Unless "smooth" is one of the Devs. We are going to have stormy waters for a couple of weeks. There is one guy Ariel what ever his name is that is raising stink...

Hello everyone,

Best Regards,

The Dash Team
7LNcIPu.png
Great News~!! Really looking forward to it~.

Back