Official Change From Darkcoin To Dash

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
Hello everyone,

I want to give a few updates on the rebranding process to Dash.

We have already decided on the ticker, it will be DASH.

We have commissioned a design firm to work on logo designs and colors. In around 7-10 days we will have several proposals and there will be a vote among foundation members and development team.

The date for brand switch will be March 25, 1PM Pacific Time. We have already sent an email to those in the mailing list of services around Darkcoin to give them the heads up so they can prepare. As soon as we have the final Logo design we will send them out.

Best Regards,

The Dash Team

Last edited by a moderator:

jiggytom

Nov 14, 2014
Hello everyone,

We have commissioned a design firm to work on logo designs and colors. In around 7-10 days we will have several proposals and there will be a vote among foundation members and development team.

The date for brand switch will be March 25, 1PM Pacific Time. We have already sent an email to those in the mailing list of services around Darkcoin to give them the heads up so they can prepare. As soon as we have the final Logo design we will send them out.

EMAIL:

At Darkcoin, our vision has always been to become a globally renowned crypto payment platform like Bitcoin and create a currency that is private, instant and capable of mass adoption. As part of this evolution, we recently announced that we’re rebranding from Darkcoin to Dash.

However, we know it takes lots of preparation to make changes like this for exchanges, sites and other services so we’re announcing a future date for everyone to make the jump.

If you run a service, website, or anything else Darkcoin related please schedule some time on March 25, 1PM Pacific Time to change “Darkcoin” to “Dash” and the ticker “DRK” to “DASH”. We will have other assets available soon, such as the logo, these will be sent to you in an email as soon as we have them.

Best Regards,

The Dash Team
Fuck Yea!

Reactions: buster

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Jul 14, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
So definitely no 'coin' after then, is it just a straight dash of Dash :cool:
Been a few come over from dashcoin complaining about the ruining their coin, so being a different ticker to DSH, dashcoin will be staying on poloniex as is, and will their github remain locked with only forks available?

theplague

Mar 12, 2015
Hell Yea! :D This is going to be great! The cryptocurrency world won't know what's hit them! :D

Populandum

Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Sounds great, although I wish the ticker symbol would have been ISO compliant.. i.e. XDD, XDS or XDH.
X because the currency isn't affiliated with any nation.
Gold is XAU, silver is XAG etc.
While nationalized currencies have the two first characters from country code: USD, CAD, AUD etc.

Who else has a 4 letter ticker? DOGE.. Well, that's real serious.. :oops:

Reactions: raze

ichigo13

Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 6, 2014
Now for the important questions:
Will we celebrate with champagne on the 25th?

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
Great news, thanks for the information and congratulations to the newly named Dash Team!

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

Best Regards,

The Dash Team
Evan, will the voting include all foundation members or just those on the board? I assume it is the later, but it is best to be clear about these things so that regular foundation members do not get their hopes up.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Evan, will the voting include all foundation members or just those on the board? I assume it is the later, but it is best to be clear about these things so that regular foundation members do not get their hopes up.

"will be a vote among foundation members and development team."
Dev Team + Foundation Members + Foundation Board
;)

Reactions: buster and Alexy

bigrcanada

Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Penticton, BC
www.misconductwineco.com
I love how the Monero team is actually encouraging the remaining members of the Dashcoin project to band together and work with the company Evan is contesting. It's like really guys, your project can't stand on its own two feet without needing to try to mess with the "competition" through shit like this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10785764#msg10785764
I wouldn't worry about this to much. I would be very surprised of the Dev team behind XMR is doing this... Unless "smooth" is one of the Devs. We are going to have stormy waters for a couple of weeks. There is one guy Ariel what ever his name is that is raising stink...

Alexy

Foundation Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

Best Regards,

The Dash Team
Great News~!! Really looking forward to it~.

Ch0nG

Oct 3, 2014
The date for brand switch will be March 25, 1PM Pacific Time.
Since 11.2.x testing was paused, is that going to be finished and included before (or at) the switch? The inclusion of Masternode blinding and other fixes at, or before, the branding switch would be great.

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
Since 11.2.x testing was paused, is that going to be finished and included before (or at) the switch? The inclusion of Masternode blinding and other fixes at, or before, the branding switch would be great.
I'm sure they will be rolled out into the new branding.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
as we need Dash Wallets eventually
sure thing Evan has a plan (like always) to take care of all this in one release/update

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
Translations also need to be updated before DASH version is rolled out.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Translations also need to be updated before DASH version is rolled out.
Not really
we have a chinese name already for Dash (that is the hardest to do)
everybody else is Dash and done , correct ?

Reactions: Populandum

Populandum

Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
:confused: I don't feel I can yell this loud enough nor too many times:
Sounds great, although I wish the ticker symbol would have been ISO compliant.. i.e. XDD, XDS or XDH.
X because the currency isn't affiliated with any nation.
Gold is XAU, silver is XAG etc.
While nationalized currencies have the two first characters from country code: USD, CAD, AUD etc.

Who else has a 4 letter ticker? DOGE.. Well, that's real serious.. :oops:
edit: MangledBlue, get over here :D

illodin

Apr 26, 2014
I love how the Monero team is actually encouraging the remaining members of the Dashcoin project to band together and work with the company Evan is contesting. It's like really guys, your project can't stand on its own two feet without needing to try to mess with the "competition" through shit like this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10785764#msg10785764
Obviously, it's always been like that. They think their moneros will make them rich if just that big and evil DRK/DASH would go away.

Reactions: buster

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
Not really
we have a chinese name already for Dash (that is the hardest to do)
everybody else is Dash and done , correct ?
Transifex translations are all with darkcoin and core.