• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Node Address & Port for Dash Swaps?

Eumaios

Hey, everyone:

I am just getting started in crypto and am trying to install the ability to to do Atomic Swaps with Dash. The dapp is asking me for the Node address and Port. Any help?

Thanks!

Hello: I'm trying to connect Dash Core within Beam's Atomic Swap Dapp. I was first going to use Electrum (which I know how to use), but your Telegram support guided me away from this (no longer supported). It's on a Windows desktop. I've attached a screenshot. Thank you so much. I look forward to swapping some Beam for Dash!

Attachments

• Dash.png
    Dash.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 107
I believe the default is port 9998, but am not 100% sure. I tried a long time ago but couldn't get it working. I used the official desktop wallet and I succeeded to connect to the beam wallet, but when an offer was accepted, the swap always failed.

Long shot but you might want to try Settings > Network > SOCKS5 in the desktop wallet. Also, I'm guessing your wallet password needs to be put in the beam wallet. In any event, let me know if you get it working using the official desktop wallet.

Also, IIRC, you also have to put "server=1" in your dash.conf and then restart the wallet.

Thank you, so much! A few follow ups, if you don't mind:

1) Could you say how you determined the default port? Part of my problem is I do not even know how to begin to find this out. If I understand the general principle, it will help me.
2) what about the "Node address"? Again, how do I go about finding this in Dash Core (or in general)?

Yes, the default port for mainnet RPC is 9998.
You can set a username/password in your "dash.conf" file (accessible via the "Open Wallet Configuration File" menu in Dash Core) by adding the following entries:

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass

* Adjust those to whatever values you want of course

Thanks, I had this already. I currently have the following conf commands:
rpcuser=[user]
rpcpassword=[password]
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=99999
server=1

Someone on Telegram support said that port 9998 was for the testnet. But the above still does not connect (with either port). I also tried adding:

Also, I get this message in the debug.log:
socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (10054)

Thank you!

Thanks, I had this already. I currently have the following conf commands:
rpcuser=[user]
rpcpassword=[password]
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=99999
server=1

Someone on Telegram support said that port 9998 was for the testnet. But the above still does not connect (with either port). I also tried adding:

Also, I get this message in the debug.log:
socket recv error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (10054)

Thank you!
Yes it was me I mixed things tbh.
9999 and 9998 ports are for mainnet.
p2p ^ and rpc^
For testnet are same as above but with 1 in front of each so 19999 and 19998

That's good! I agree, the liquidity is really low, which is why I'm waiting for Thorswap.

(some of Thorchains tokenomics bothers me but the liquidity is the big draw)

Yes it was me I mixed things tbh.
9999 and 9998 ports are for mainnet.
p2p ^ and rpc^
For testnet are same as above but with 1 in front of each so 19999 and 19998

No problem! Part of the motive behind my doing this all is for the learning experience. Of course, there is no necessity that I buy through this Dapp, but I wanted to work through and solve the problem--with help :).
That's good! I agree, the liquidity is really low, which is why I'm waiting for Thorswap.

(some of Thorchains tokenomics bothers me but the liquidity is the big draw)
I'll put Thorswap on my list of things to look into!

No problem! Part of the motive behind my doing this all is for the learning experience. Of course, there is no necessity that I buy through this Dapp, but I wanted to work through and solve the problem--with help :).

I'll put Thorswap on my list of things to look into!

Look into Atomic DEX from KMD as well, I do small swaps on their DEX, it has low liquidity also since they don't have AMMs, but really nice DEX.

Back