• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Newb question regarding masternodes

unf0rg0tt3n

Hi,

I got a question regarding the 1000 DASH.
When I take a quick conversion from Dash to Euros, and calculate the amount of euros needed to create dash.
That will come to a total of: 5683.4147278626.

My question now is: is it really 1000 DASH as I calculated or is it: 0.1000 or something else?

With kind regards,

Thanks for the answer, where is the 1000 dash forand why 1000? Why would someone pay 5640 euros or a little more dollars to make a masternode?

Thanks for the answer, where is the 1000 dash forand why 1000? Why would someone pay 5640 euros or a little more dollars to make a masternode?
It's so that you have a stake and that you can't create a million masternodes to dominate and earn the 45% share of the block reward. There has to be some 'cost' to hosting a masternode. Also since we have voting, you don't want anyone to just create a node to vote and that these people who vote have a stake in Dash's uccess.

aha like that, clear answer :)
But to bad, I keep just doing normal mining then. I don't have 1000 DASH to spend :(.
Thanks for your time guys !

aha like that, clear answer :)
But to bad, I keep just doing normal mining then. I don't have 1000 DASH to spend :(.
Thanks for your time guys !
Just to correct your understanding, being Masternode is not spending 1000 DASH , you just run Masternode with your 1000 DASH holding. Once your spend this 1000 DASH holding , the masternode will be removed from network.

I understood that, but thanks though.
You can go in on a shared masternode. There are a couple of services around. It requires you to had over control of your Dash to the service provider (because they need to combine it with other depositors), but at least you can get a share if you don't have enough for a full masternode on your own.

and this is a gud example of where even the smartest giraffe in the room could use a proof reader to amend the simplest of things!
:)
rc
Is there a shared masternode service that enables you to retain control of your coins? Places like masternode.me give you a PGP-signed receipt for your deposit, but that's not the same thing as controlling your coins. Since all coins from masternode shares need to be in one address, I'm not really sure how it would be possible to retain your coins in a shared masternode.

Is there a shared masternode service that enables you to retain control of your coins? Places like masternode.me give you a PGP-signed receipt for your deposit, but that's not the same thing as controlling your coins. Since all coins from masternode shares need to be in one address, I'm not really sure how it would be possible to retain your coins in a shared masternode.
My apology Sir ! I was joshing you for the miniscule error in your original statement.... "you to had over" where my presumption would be your intent might have been, > you to HAND over< as opposed to some quaint interpretation of Olde English ... :)

Yet I'm quite happy you returned with the wonderful description of shared services and control !

I shall make a note THOU SHALL NOT Pester the Baby Giraffe and duct tape it to my monitor!

TY
rc

My apology Sir ! I was joshing you for the miniscule error in your original statement.... "you to had over" where my presumption would be your intent might have been, > you to HAND over< as opposed to some quaint interpretation of Olde English ... :)

Yet I'm quite happy you returned with the wonderful description of shared services and control !

I shall make a note THOU SHALL NOT Pester the Baby Giraffe and duct tape it to my monitor!

TY
rc
Holding me to a high bar, rc! Indeed, I meant "hand".

Holding me to a high bar, rc! Indeed, I meant "hand".

I have been chastised for not making sharp bottom V's, putting the right leg on a U, and not putting a slash thru my zeroes !
then there's the B's and 8's, 5's and S's, Q's and Oh's... where does it end !!!

I learned quickly to be cautious when when handwriting sales contracts and loan docs !

...and I did tape a note not to Pester the BabyGiraffe to my monitor ! next to my little minion character and the string of garlic virus protection ! :)

Best
rc

Back