• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not positive but I bet 'General Discussion' would probably work, unless you are trying to gauge the masternode owners feeling on an idea that you would like to propose for the budget. If that is the case use the 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' forum to post your well though out / well explained proposal.
Thanks a lot will do the same

Hello Dashers! My name is George and I just lost 1000$ via migration to 12.1. I'm not really a forum guy and I don't know what's up, can I get help somewhere? General discussions or smth

For the 12.1 upgrade, you need to move your wallet.dat file from the old Dash folder into the new DashCore folder. If you installed/synced 12.1 without doing that then your wallet with your coins is probably still sitting in the old folder.
If you're not sure how to proceed, you can try in the support section of the forum, or join us in Slack (https://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com) if you'd like realtime chat

Hey Dash Nation! My quick history is that I read an article about Steemit in Rolling Stone in October. Then I tore my Achilles tendon playing basketball and was laid up and spending a lot of time on the computer and so I started a Steemit account and from there starting learning a lot about the world of cryptocurrency. I've been blown away. I was quickly enthralled by Bitcoin and the power that it seemed to have to promote large scale change for many people of the world. And from there have been led into Dash and am really just blown away by the promise it has, particularly the governance system and the creative solutions for creating a closed-loop, positive feedback system that Bitcoin and other coins seem to lack.

I'm an organic farmer and permaculture designer and enthusiast. I believe that Dash dovetails perfectly with my desire to shift power back to individuals, to empower people to grow their own food, to improve their ecosystem, to recognize what true wealth is and to enrich their lives. Myself included. My farm, Tapalou Guilds, is located in southern Vermont and is accepting Dash as payment for our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shares this year. I don't know if anyone will actually do it, but it's part of the master plan to put this concept on people's radar. We just got a shout-out in this week's live Dash: Detailed! Right after a bit about the company accepting Dash for male enhancement pills. HA! My aim is to enhance humanity in its entirety - all sexes, all parts!!!

I've already been talking to some local businesses about accepting Dash and when I get enough of a plan together, I hope to submit a proposal for some real boots on the ground activity in my town. I'm not sure if it might be wise to wait until Evolution comes out for that though. I tried to put a wallet on my iPhone and had a hell of a time doing it and I don't want to scare anyone away with a poor user experience right off the bat. I'd welcome thoughts on that.

Cheers to everyone who keeps this machine chugging! Go Dash Go!

Last edited:
Ah Ha I found it, was looking to post a new post, not a reply, only just found the sneaky box at the bottom lol, Anyway, Hey guys and gals I'm new to the forums so I thought I'd say Hi! You can call me Al (sorry for the pun, if you don't get it then you aren't much into music which is cool lol) or Kev. I'm from Scotland and I've been following dash for about the last 8 or 9 months. I got into mining about 4 month's ago mining zcash until I saw DASH take it's huge spikes in market cap. I knew this coin was a winner which was why I started keeping tabs on it - and the whole governance system, I love it and it sets you guys apart from the rest - you have my best wishes as I'm 100% behind you guys and have switched to mining dash, doing my part and earning some dash :) Good luck. Love Dash Detailed btw great stuff @amanda_b_johnson

Hi there,
I am a web developer and designer for quite some years now but relatively new to all things regarding crypto currencies.
The possible economic and especially social impact of blockchain technology is fascinating me a lot.
Hoping to learn new stuff and be able to contribute in one or the other way.
Looking forward to get to know some of you folks.
Best, Christian

hey @Aliron, welcome, just joined myself yesterday. Can you tell me, do you need to have a lot of technical knowledge to mine, i.e. be able to write code, program, etc.?

Hello @anarchrysalis Code or program? no but having some prior knowledge of batch files is handy but not required. Honestly? theres tons of guides online, just follow one and your set, all in all I'd say it's not that difficult even if you don't have much computer knowledge. Good luck to you if you do decide to have a go at it. There's actually a couple of decent guides on how to mine with various hardware setups (e.g CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC) right here on dash.org I'dd link you if I remembered the url, sorry man :) .

Hi there,
I am a web developer and designer for quite some years now but relatively new to all things regarding crypto currencies.
The possible economic and especially social impact of blockchain technology is fascinating me a lot.
Hoping to learn new stuff and be able to contribute in one or the other way.
Looking forward to get to know some of you folks.
Best, Christian

Hello @Christian Haase a great source of information for all things in the crypto world, believe it or not is YouTube. A lot of people on there know what they are talking about, obviously some don't, such is life lol. I too find the social and economic aspects of it fascinating as well, not only that, but I love how there are exchanges with people trading on various cryptocurrencies even margin trading and such, buy low sell high I think is a traders motto lol you should also watch dash detailed on YouTube which is ran by an employee of DASH, Amanda B. Johnston, I'm sure you'll be able to find her channel on YouTube easy enough. Anyways good to meet you and good luck to you!

thanks @Aliron! I don't know anything about batch files but I'm sure I can educate myself. I've started to poke around the guides for mining and mining hardware and of course there are oodles and oodles of information out there. Has it been a worthwhile enterprise for you?

Hi All. I bought some Dash almost a month ago...this project looks promising. I work on the buy-side of Canada's finance industry in software development. My forte, is back-end work with python.

Hi folks, just discovered Dash today - looks like an awesome project and well organised.

I would love to become a part of the community and maybe a part of the project itsself.

Hello everyone new forum member from Scotland, building exposure to dash and believe it will grow exponentially over next few years, very excited about the project!

Interested in mining dash as my electricity is free (included in rent) and I can mine in garage or spare room depending on how cool I need to run things.

Have money to invest in hardware if I can get a good ROI but read so many confusing and contradicting threads about whether mining is profitable for the small fish. Am I wasting my time and would i be better simply investing in the currency?

Thoughts welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all.
ABSOLUTELY brand new to all of this [Dash - cryptocurrency in total, in fact - forums, the whole kit 'n' caboodle!]
Managed to get m'self a Dash Wallet, at least but it's still empty.
Still researching how [and where] to buy
Looking forward to learning how this all works - not so easy my age, but I'm sure I'll get there
Any tips offered gratefully received.

Hi all,

We're Skatopia...we need 3 posts so we can post links for a pre-proposal, so we're going to that here. I hope that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back