• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New DCG Interim CEO: Patrick Quinn

glennaustin

Dear Dash Community,

The Dash Core Group Board is pleased to enthusiastically announce Patrick Quinn as the new interim CEO of Dash Core Group. We all feel that Patrick has the qualities necessary to aid Dash Core Group in accomplishing the goals we have for 2022, primarily the release of Dash Platform. We believe that he will be able to help make the organization more effective and efficient.

Given the financial challenges created by the current Dash price, and also to address the potential conflict of interest from Patrick’s concurrent role as a Dash Trust Protector, the interim CEO role will be voluntary. It will also be time-limited to start, with an initial 3-month term, after which Patrick, the DCG Board, and the Dash Trust Protectors will re-evaluate his performance in the role.

There will be additional information to share in the coming weeks. Meantime, Patrick, the DCG Board, and the Dash Trust Protectors welcome any and all questions/comments.

Tbh, he should of stepped down as TP, even if this is pledged as "temporary". More so considering the conflicts of interest that occurred with Mark, which was previously said to be impossible.

Last edited:
Glad there is some forward motion here. Congratulations.

Though I do agree with @GrandMasterDash that to prevent an obvious conflict of interest -- doesn't matter if the role is voluntary or temporary -- Patrick should resign as Trust Protector.

A resignation would not be likely to make any difference in operations at either the Trust or DCG as far as I can tell, but it would prevent the whole system from, well, making a mockery of itself.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:
Glad there is some forward motion here. Congratulations.

Though I do agree with @GrandMasterDash that to prevent an obvious conflict of interest -- doesn't matter if the role is voluntary or temporary -- Patrick should resign as Trust Protector.

A resignation would not be likely to make any difference in operations at either the Trust or DCG as far as I can tell, but it would prevent the whole system from, well, making a mockery of itself.

Thanks for your consideration.

The TPs have not even been confirmed yet last I heard, we don't need another delay in the confirmation process, a voluntary position does
NOT compromise the Trust, if he is affirmed as permanent CEO, I expect he will step down then, we don't need any more delays in network
processes right now in this bear market.

In every company, a general supervisor is necessary who is in charge of looking after the general interests of a project.

The human being is lazy by nature and needs to have a constant guard to ensure that he undertakes the work for which he has been hired, otherwise he will become careless and will not fulfill his obligations in the long term.

Supervise to enforce, a necessary task when there is a group of people working to achieve an objective.

Good luck on the voyage.

Last DCG Quarterly Call : Q4 2021 - 3 February 2022
Organised by kot and found on the Dash forum here : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q4-2021-quarterly-call-3-february-2022.52664/

Since that last DCG Quarterly Call both kot and Ryan Taylor resigned as members of Dash Core Group. Which means Dash Core Group lost both a COO position and a CEO position and most likely as result of that stopped providing DCG Quarterly Calls with the Dash community.

We now have a new DCG Interim CEO, does this mean the DCG Quarterly Calls will get resumed ? Perhaps organised / moderated by DCG new Communication Officer Marina Siradegyan ?

The Dash community did receive a project update from Glenn Austin (CFO of DCG) that details the DCG financials of Q1-2022 (https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dcg-q1-2022-results.53214/#post-231265), but we are missing information about all the other DCG departments. And having all that combined and visibly present on a regular 3-monthly basis in the official announcement section of the dash.org/forum is a necessity in my opinion.

Also i would like to emphasize that the Dash community in my opinion is also in need of regular updates with regards to Dash Core (v18 / v18.1 / v19 / progress on future updates) and pref directly from their development team.
Similar to the regular updates the Dash community is already receiving from the Dash Platform development team, through the Dash Platform Pructuct Sprint Reviews (Sprint number 86 already).

Maybe i am looking in the wrong place with regards to Dash Core updates, but there are not that many articles with regards to progress on Dash Core / status v18 on Testnet on the Dash Blog site (https://www.dash.org/blog/) and i seem to have difficulty locating the latest DCG Newsletter. Also the latest Brown Bag Session from Marina focused mainly on the Dash Platform roadmap and did not handle Dash Core at all. So no information about Dash Core from that side.

In my view Dash Core is slowly turning into a black hole with regards to information flowing towards the Dash community, with very little information escaping it. And when information does escape and find its way to the surface, it appears in not-Dash Core channels (see www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnEy2oLJWA&t=99s timestamp 44:20).

Last edited:
qwizzle
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I'm open to any related any kind of activity.
In terms of Core updates, we can arrange Sprint reviews as well though.

Hi Marine, thank you for your reply. With regards to Core updates i would be fine with a monthly Sprint review. No need in my eyes to do this every two weeks for Core.

Hi Marine, thank you for your reply. With regards to Core updates i would be fine with a monthly Sprint review. No need in my eyes to do this every two weeks for Core.
Yeah, once a month is fairly enough for Core updates.

Back