Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

New Dash Promotion Game | Dash-Lanes Kingdom

Discussion in 'Dash Websites' started by king dashlanes, Sep 12, 2016.

1. king dashlanes

king dashlanes New Member

Dash Address:
    XpsW6ELVPoBkELze2KomF6ffCKE1j7nerX
    Hi all, I just created a new and fair Dash promotion game, the Dash-Lanes Kingdom.

It is a friendly and fair game based on fair distribution of wealth that comes from growth. Everybody here is very much invited to join as the game is made for the promotion of Dash. Because the game just went online tonight, there are no residents in the kingdom yet other than the royal family. I hope this forum is the right place to kick-off this game. You can read how the game works in the about section of the site.

It is my first post so I am not allowed to post the url. However if you try the .com address dashlaneskingdom, you should be able to find it.

Any response is much appreciated.

UPDATE: THANKS to your input, the Dash-Lanes Kingdom is now updated.
    • You can already buy your home for 0.2 DASH (was 1 DASH)!
    • Also you will get 3 houses to sell on your lane in stead of 2.
    • And.. you can get achievements.
    Suggestions remain welcome.

http://dashlaneskingdom.com

Thanks,
    King Dashlanes.

#1 king dashlanes, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TheDashGuy

TheDashGuy Well-known Member

3. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Ahh.. thanks a lot TheDashGuy :).

4. DashNation

DashNation New Member

Do a DASH wars, like the old drug wars, trade sell travel and risk it all in a fight with cops. I would play that!

5. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Cool idea.. I'll think about that. I would have to change my name to Don Dash then, I guess.

The Dash-Lanes Kingdom is not an active gameplay game. It is more about getting wealth (=Dash) from houses being sold in the Kingdom. You invest one Dash for your home and lane with houses for sale and you will receive commission and revenue from the expanding Kingdom. The expanding Kingdom will get people familiarized with Dash because the Kingdom house market is in Dash only. The wealth distribution system is fair and according a very simple set of rules. So the game is not about gambling or wagering or losing. As long as the Kingdom grows, the wealth will grow.
    I now started working on achievements in the Dash-Lanes Kingdom while waiting for first residents ;-). Hopefully I'll finish it later this week. When I am done I will issue a reward for the first resident with 6 of 8 achievements!

Thanks a lot for your cool suggestion on the Dash Wars, DashNation! I'll let you know when I have worked something out. Still I have hopes for the fair and fresh Dash-Lanes Kingdom which just started this week! You could be the first resident!

• UPDATE sept. 14: The first Kingdom resident is welcomed today on Jack's Lane!

#5 king dashlanes, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Poltergeist

Poltergeist New Member

Is this available on Android play store?

7. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    :) The Kingdom welcomes her fist resident this mornig on Jack's Lane! Thanks for joining and your interest in the game concept. Let the fresh Kingdom prosper and all residents will benefit fairly!

8. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Hi Poltergeist, the game is a web-game. It is playable on any device. Just visit http://dashlaneskingdom.com.

#8 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
  9. Poltergeist

Poltergeist New Member

Thanks! just registered there. i'm sure you'll know it's me from this forum :)

Couple of questions:

there is no visual representation for the layout of the kingdome? when i try to buy a house i'm just seeing a table with some for sale and some reserved. is this a text based game? sorry it's not clear to me.

10. Dworf

Dworf Member

basically its a funny small ponzi scheme, right?

if someone wants to buy a house use this invitation code: King-14

• Like Like x 2
  11. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Hi Poltergeist, I can see you registered. Cool, thanks. The visual interface (picture) is a representation of the layout principle. It is to assist in understanding the principle. The picture changes a little: when you buy your home, you can see the 2 houses blurred. These are your houses for sale located on your lane, when one of them is sold, the blur is gone. Further you have status info, a description of your situation, a house market and a wealth payout overview. The housemarket is in fact an overview of the Kingdom layout. It shows the lanes and the houses on them. The lanes are named after the lane-owners.
    If people would enjoy more fancy pictures, I could try that, I am not really a graphics guy though.

#11 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
  12. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Yes it is based on a Ponzi principle but it is no scheme. It is a fair (and royal) game for the promotion of DASH. All will benefit from growth, when growth stops, wealth stops too. Hope you enjoy it.

#12 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  13. Dworf

Dworf Member

ok - but the last ones who cannot sell their houses anymore loose that 1 DASH - maybe not a big loss at current price level

14. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    The game was made for the promotion of Dash. The thought is that people who do not know anything about Dash get involved in a friendly way by friends who bought a house in the Kingdom. The number of people that do not know about Dash and have found no reason to is huge, so also the growing potential of the Kingdom is huge.

Meanwhile it is true what you mean, the system can really payout for those who join early. If you join at the end of the growth of the Kingdom wealth will come slowly. Hard to say who will be the last and what the Dash will do then.

#14 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
  15. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    A big thanks to everybody here for the interest in the Dash-Lanes Kingdom! I am really pleased with the first residents and also enjoy the site visits today and the sign-in's. The king is happy today!

I am very much looking forward to welcoming more residents. Please note that the approval process is manual and I sometimes sleep or have royal duties. So kindly allow me some time for the process.

THANKS!

16. Dworf

Dworf Member

I suggest to set the house price to 0.3 DASH and raise the number of houses to 3

firstly this lowers the barrier to enter the game
    secondly every house owner will look for three persons for selling

• Like Like x 1
  17. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Dworf, You may have a point there. Maybe the barrier is too high now. The reason for the 1 DASH was that I found it more confusing if the explanation started with a divided DASH. This would make the wealth distibution system harder to understand for many people. I really appreciate your suggestion and I am considering a change. The change to 3 houses to start with is not too difficult to implement. Also it is now already possible to get 2 additional houses to sell when you sold your 2 houses (see the Ask the King section).

If I modify the price/houses you will get a refund ofcourse! It is a fair Kingdom. And considering the story of the Kingdom, we would need another royal child next to Jack and Sarah. If you have a name suggestion it is welcome. The name could maybe hold a reference to the Dash community.

I would appreciate more feedback on Dworf's proposal. I could make this change but would have to go offline in the meantime. Please let me know your thoughts on this, if any.

#17 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
  18. Dworf

Dworf Member

the other point that seems to be a little bit shady is that the fiat price for a fixed DASH price will rise and therefor the sum that new player have to pay

what about a slow price reduction for new players - eg. buy for 0.1 DASH then the next one needs only to pay 0.05 - 2%
    then after around 30 iterations the buyer needs only to pay 0.055 DASH instead of 0.1 DASH

another strategy would be to couple the price to the Bitcoin exchange rate

or combine both

19. Dworf

Dworf Member

#19 Dworf, Sep 14, 2016
  20. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    You confuse me a bit. Everybody pays the same price for a home with lane and 2 houses for sale (1 DASH). If the value of DASH rises (or drops) this will not affect your DASH income in the Kingdom. If the DASH value increases, you get more valueable commission and revenue. If it drops, it becomes less valueable. To pre-compensate for expected value rise of DASH it becomes really complex and makes a (imo) dubious link with the conventional money.

Still I am really considering your previous suggestion of lowering the house price to 0.3 DASH and a lane with 3 houses for sale i.s.o. 2!

#20 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
  21. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    That is also a cool suggestion. Thanks. I am already working on achievements but I like your suggestion a lot. I will work on that as well!

22. Dworf

Dworf Member

yeah right - but since DASH is a limited resource and increased usage (eg. by this game with conceptually exponential growth) will increase also the value of DASH and then it will become exponentially (?) more expensive to participate in the game if the house price level remains constant. At some point somebody will need to pay $100 to enter - the point where the game breaks down and nobody is willed to pay that $100 anymore. (the situation would be different if DASH had an unlimited amount and would not be linked to to a fiat money exchange rate)

I am not aware of the real back coupling function. But a constant selling price will create this kind of feedback. One way to mitigate it would be some kind of price reduction over time or number of houses or whatever

23. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Hi Dwarf, I have updated the game and included your suggestion on the 3 houses. Also I included the achievement feature. There are 5 available right now. I hope you like it. Because of the quick change, I may have left some typo's related to the number of houses. Also I have to solve the family story. For now the extra houses on King's Lane and Queen's Lane are not built (Future).
    On the other topic:
    Because all is in DASH I do not really see the problem. If you collect the wealth (commission and revenue) from your balance you'll have the same transfer ratio. I do agree however that $100,- sounds much at this moment to join this type of game. It would then become a promotion game for the rich, which is not really the purpose. Maybe it is a good idea to create another kingdom with lower entry if the value of DASH increases. This would make stepping in the Kingdom affordable for everybody. I also once considered to make a similar game for Bitcoin, but then it would have to be a satoshi-range house price to make it accessable for a large group of people.

Meanwhile I am considering lowering the house price for the current Kingdom as per your suggestion. Opinions on this are appreciated. If the price would be lowered I think 0.5 DASH would be more comprehensable in the game explanation than 0.3 DASH.

#23 king dashlanes, Sep 14, 2016
  24. Dworf

Dworf Member

if only a small amount of money is payd then it could go forever and is a nice toy to explain DASH to more people. But the game may impact the price since more transactions will be done and that will rise the price of DASH directly rising the price of houses and so preventing people to use it anymore. Though it cannot go forever.

just as a hint: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/04/042104.asp

"The problem is that the scheme cannot go on forever, because there are a finite number of people who can join the scheme (even if all the people in the world were to join)"

A simple solution for that would be to devalue the houses in the same or a higher rate than the DASH price might surge. Then even if the game dies out it may not hurt anyone in the pressure of finding a next person to buy his houses because it will be just a small amount of money.

25. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    You are probably right on this. I will lower the price. The thing is, I am not so happy with 0.3. Should it then be 0.5 or 0.2?

26. Dworf

Dworf Member

if you set the value reduction to 0.97 of the previous price in every round (level) it should do it because also the value of DASH cannot increase indefinitely
    after 10 rounds it would be 0.74 of the initial price but there are 2^10 = 1024 more people into DASH with small amounts

27. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    0.2 it is.

I will make the update shortly. If you are willing to help check for left over old prices on the pages you're very welcome. I will ofcourse send you 0.8 back when I'ám done changing.
    I am not just yet ready for implementing price reduction concept on further lanes ;)

Thanks for your insights Dworf. It is much appreciated.

28. Dworf

Dworf Member

I have another idea to make it more attractive in the long run - when you have finished the current version ;)

29. king dashlanes

Dash Address:
    Yeah.. give me a minute to get a drink a take a breath haha..

30. Dworf

Dworf Member

I see only
    Sarah
    Dworf
    Poltergeist ​
    for now who have bought houses

my DASH address:
    XjWrwdgpNsCinMbhtXHmK8BQX17Afacg18