• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

network target (difficulty) vs share size

smak

is this a simple 1:1 conversion, if you find a share 5k+ and its submitted without issue a block is found?

i could only find info on scrypt where 65535 x difficulty = the required share size to solve blocks.

Perhaps share is not the right term to use then?

No, i am not talking pool targets to measure share performance and payout.. I am trying to link entire network difficulty with "best share" size required to solve a block.

Network difficulty is the share difficulty you need to solve a block.

If the diff is at 3000, you need a share of diff 3000. You are refering to the numbers in sgminer, not really understanding why they are multiplied with 65535. But that's the same through all currencies afaik, for example diff of 3000 is 196M in sgminer.

well with scrypt its multiplied.. i could not say why. but if you have a "Best share: 40k" in cgminer mining LTC, current diff being 32,135 (wow) what you would need to release a block is 32,135x65,535 or a share slightly over 2 billion.. as i understand it.

if thats not the case with x11 i am glad to hear it.. simplifies things greatly.

thank you.

well with scrypt its multiplied.. i could not say why. but if you have a "Best share: 40k" in cgminer mining LTC, current diff being 32,135 (wow) what you would need to release a block is 32,135x65,535 or a share slightly over 2 billion.. as i understand it.

if thats not the case with x11 i am glad to hear it.. simplifies things greatly.

thank you.
as i said, that is not network specific but depends on how your miner displays the diff. some use the raw value 32135 and some the 2.11G notation. never understood why though.

Back